Presidential Election Poll...

GHS06

Who will win  

1. 1. Who will win

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m not saying that I will voting for the guy or that I agree with his views, but I think even considering not voting for a guy based on what his name sounds like is pretty ignorant and may even be considered bigoted.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should note the other reasons I listed for not voting for him. Trust me, his name has nothing to do with why I won't vote for him. And saying that could be considered bigoted? To say the least that's a bit of a stretch

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be about the same as me considering you an ignorant redneck from Monroe County but that isn't so outlandish to say considering the statements you've made about voting for someone based on their last name.

[/ QUOTE ]

The big reasons I won't vote for Obama are

-Top 3 liberal voting record -0 experience in an executive government positions

-Complete lack of understanding on national defense, and very closly related, immigration policy

A big reason why I like McCain is he doesn't try to blow as much sunshine up people's back side as many politicians. He won my vote when he went to Michigan and told them they needed to re-train the workforce because some jobs weren't coming back. It wasn't popular, but admitting that there are big problems are the first step in solving them.

McCain made many in his own party angry by not bowing to their avery whim, Obama and Clinton are the polar opposite. Obama likes to talk about "change", but there are a couple of problems A-talk is cheap, and B-his record tells a different story.

I won't be voting against Obama or Clinton because of their names, it's because I want to have a country 20-30 years from now, and with 1 or both of them running the show, I'm not convinced I will.

Oh, and if anyone has any problem with me comenting on the name, BARAK HUSSEIN OBAMA, please make a fist, place it at face level, insert your thumb into your mouth, and be happy. That's as close to me apologizing for that as you are going to here.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I’m not saying that I will voting for the guy or that I agree with his views, but I think even considering not voting for a guy based on what his name sounds like is pretty ignorant and may even be considered bigoted.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should note the other reasons I listed for not voting for him. Trust me, his name has nothing to do with why I won't vote for him. And saying that could be considered bigoted? To say the least that's a bit of a stretch

[/ QUOTE ]

That'd be about the same as me considering you an ignorant redneck from Monroe County but that isn't so outlandish to say considering the statements you've made about voting for someone based on their last name.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Complete lack of understanding on national defense, and very closly related, immigration policy

A big reason why I like McCain is he doesn't try to blow as much sunshine up people's back side as many politicians. He won my vote when he went to Michigan and told them they needed to re-train the workforce because some jobs weren't coming back. It wasn't popular, but admitting that there are big problems are the first step in solving them.

McCain made many in his own party angry by not bowing to their avery whim, Obama and Clinton are the polar opposite. Obama likes to talk about "change", but there are a couple of problems A-talk is cheap, and B-his record tells a different story.

I won't be voting against Obama or Clinton because of their names, it's because I want to have a country 20-30 years from now, and with 1 or both of them running the show, I'm not convinced I will.

Oh, and if anyone has any problem with me comenting on the name, BARAK HUSSEIN OBAMA, please make a fist, place it at face level, insert your thumb into your mouth, and be happy. That's as close to me apologizing for that as you are going to here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont have a problem with it...it only makes you look ignorant. It also makes anything else that you say seem a lot less valid.

OK, I played your game...now try mine. Will you please make a fist, place it in your chair, extend your thumb, and sit on it. Seems to be what you are doing anyway when it comes to your views about someones birth given name!

[ QUOTE ]

OK, I played your game...now try mine. Will you please make a fist, place it in your chair, extend your thumb, and sit on it. Seems to be what you are doing anyway when it comes to your views about someones birth given name!

[/ QUOTE ]

And I sounded ignorant? R-Right.

Like it or not, I just said what alot of others are thinking, if that makes me a racist, bigot or ignorant then oh well.

I originally brought it up as a joke, but it does bring up an interesting point. We are fighting against radical Islam right now, and this man's family has a Muslim background, his name proves that. I think it's something that should at least be looked into, common sense should tell you that. I'll tell you as fast anyone that 80-90% of the rumors about Obama or any candidate are BS, but the fact that so many people have been mesmorized by a relatively unknown man is of some concern to me. Obama talks about change, but what kind of change?

You can talk about racial and ethnic tolerance all you want to, but political correctness and letting down are garud got us into this war to start with. Demonizing me for saying that WILL NOT make the problem go away.

[ QUOTE ]

And I sounded ignorant? R-Right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

[ QUOTE ]

Like it or not, I just said what alot of others are thinking, if that makes me a racist, bigot or ignorant then oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don’t care how many people are thinking it...that doesn’t make it right. If fact, that makes it even more wrong because it shows how many racist people are truly out there. I’m not one to ever play the “race card†and I think all of the political correctness is sickening nowadays...but this is blatant stereotyping and it is just wrong. To be honest it plays right into the stereotype that people have of this part of the country...ignorant, racist, rednecks.

[ QUOTE ]

I don’t care how many people are thinking it...that doesn’t make it right. If fact, that makes it even more wrong because it shows how many racist people are truly out there. I’m not one to ever play the “race card†and I think all of the political correctness is sickening nowadays...but this is blatant stereotyping and it is just wrong. To be honest it plays right into the stereotype that people have of this part of the country...ignorant, racist, rednecks.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were racist, I'd have made this about the color of his skin, not religion or name. I don't have a problem with a black man being president, or any other race for that matter.

Die-hard Bush-haters are blinded by their hate and are willing to to completely look past Obama's record, and a family history that raises a few red flags given the war that we're in right now. At best Obama would be weak on defense and immigration, at worst we'll be seeing more terror attacks here as a result of that.

You can call me "racist" all you want, but I brought up a point that alot of Obamaites don't like, and don't have an intelligent couter for. Like it or not, this probably won't be the last time it's brought up this year.

If you feel you need to have the last word, hear's your chance. This is all I have to say on the subject, because the more responses I see to it, the dumber some people are making themselves look.

[ QUOTE ]

... because the more responses I see to it, the dumber some people are making themselves look.

[/ QUOTE ]

You hit the nail on the head with that remark.

I am in no way a "Die-hard Bush-hater". While, I don't think he is our best President, I also don't think he deserves all of the criticism that he receives. I also am in no way a "Die-hard" Obama supporter...I probably won’t vote for him come November. The only thing I have a problem with is that someone would even consider someone’s name when listing reason not to vote for someone. Maybe racism was the wrong term...however bigotry was not. A bigot is someone who has intolerance for a specific group. Even though Obama is a confessed Christian, and has never pronounced Muslim as his religion...you still think that is a viable reason to dislike him. Because his Father may/or may not have been a Muslim. WOW...is all I have to say.

I am sorry that you are giving up. I was starting to enjoy myself.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make claims about Obama's talk of change and only that, as well as mention his lack of experience. In a way you're contradicting yourself because you're judging the man when he hasn't even had a chance to prove himself, and you've indirectly said that within your own post.

unfortunately with our current two party system, to not vote for someone from the primary parties is in essence a "no vote".while I tend to agree that there are basically no candidates worthy of a vote i am going to suck it up and vote for the lesser of two evils and hope someone better comes along next time.

• 3 weeks later...