SWD JV Tournament

evophoto

Anyone have the facts? I hear that 1 (Abingdon) will play 4 (is that Grundy or Richlands?) at Abingdon on Wednesday. 2 (Carroll) will play 3 (Marion) at Carroll also on Wednesday. Then the winners will meet up (Friday) in Abingdon.

Can anyone confirm? FYI Carroll finishes 8-4 in the district with huge win at Richlands tonight. Carroll trailed by 7 twice (once in each half) in this game and brought it back both times.

I am confused. I was told the 1 and 4 will play at Abingdon and the 2 and 3 would play at Carroll. The winners will then play at the highest seeded VARSITY home venu on Friday. As it stands right now, that is Abingdon. If I hear anything else, I will post it here.

I think it goes this way. 1. Atown 2. CC 3. Marion 4. TBD

Although I do know that all the scenarios have been discussed and the appropriate coins have already been flipped to be used if need be. I think the 4 seed is coming down to Grundy, Graham, and Richlands.

This is the senario. If Grahams JV beats Tazewells JV, Richlands is in. If Tazewells JV beats Grahams JV, Grundy is in. Grundy won the 2-way tie coin flip. Richlands won the 3-way tie coin flip.

AbndonFan is correct. I just got word that Carroll will play in Abingdon on Wednesday. I hate it for Grundy that their fate relies on Tazewell beating Graham. I think more than likley, Grundy is done. Tazewell is so weak.

Who are your players of the year in JV? I like that #24 from Abingdon and 20 from Richlands.

Richlands and Graham had to win their last games to force a tie with Grundy. The Richlands loss knocked them out of the tie. Now only Graham has a chance to tie. Grundy has already won the 2 way coin toss, therefore per the school and coach, Grundy is in the tournament as the 4 seed playing @ Abingdon Wed. night.

2 sets of information. Who knows which is actually right.

Coin flips stink. I think head to head record should be considered first then have a one game playoff in the case of a split.

I hope whoever plays Abingdon will give them a tough game. They are a good team and they are well coached. They will be hard to beat. It can be done though. They tend to over play on defense due to their agressive nature. You can use that against them to get them in foul trouble. A team with good guard play can beat them with dribble penetration as well. Limiting turnovers is a must against them.

[ QUOTE ]

Richlands and Graham had to win their last games to force a tie with Grundy. The Richlands loss knocked them out of the tie. Now only Graham has a chance to tie. Grundy has already won the 2 way coin toss, therefore per the school and coach, Grundy is in the tournament as the 4 seed playing @ Abingdon Wed. night.

2 sets of information. Who knows which is actually right.

[/ QUOTE ]\

I am the athletic directors student worker right now and he just told me that if Graham wins, Richlands is in due to the 3 way tie coin flip. If Tazewell wins, Richlands is out due to the 2 way coin flip.

Graham has no chance, win or lose. Graham win puts Richlands in by winning 3 way coin toss. Graham loss puts Grundy in by way of 2 way coin toss. What a mess. They allways say, it is better to be lucky than good.