Bluefield vs. Princeton

hokie07

YOU KNOW I WASNT BEIN MEAN !!!! BUT TRUTH HURTS DON"T IT !! AND I ALWAYS SAY BLUEFIELD HAS NO CLASS> U GUYS RUBBED IT IN TO US ALL SEASON AND ALL I"M SAYIN IS GOOD LUCK BEAVERS BUT SOME GUYS AND GALS DONT KNOW WHAT RESPECT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A REAL SHAME

[ QUOTE ]

Yes !!!! I think that makes Princeton 2 bluefield 1

But next showdown is baseball, Good luck nx yr.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it that yall base the success of your season on beating a AA school. You can say you weren't talking [censored]? Why would you put that makes it Princeton 2 Bluefield 1?

How bout we go play some more football? That sound good?

I will tell you what I love about Princeton...yall put pictures of your playoff teams on your walls. We put pictures of CHAMPIONSHIP teams on ours. Yall need to focus on beating school that will get you into the playoffs. Good luck with that one...

[ QUOTE ]

YOU KNOW I WASNT BEIN MEAN !!!! BUT TRUTH HURTS DON"T IT !! AND I ALWAYS SAY BLUEFIELD HAS NO CLASS> U GUYS RUBBED IT IN TO US ALL SEASON AND ALL I"M SAYIN IS GOOD LUCK BEAVERS BUT SOME GUYS AND GALS DONT KNOW WHAT RESPECT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A REAL SHAME

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should try using proper grammar.That will take you far in life!

Princeton is garbage, always has been, always will be...

There was bad officiating all the way around. You can easily pinpoint calls that were missed on both sides of the ball. However, my opinions of Coach Havens being a horrible coach were only reinforced tonight. The guy is terrible. He takes 6'2 Shaun Brooks out and puts 5'10 junior Robert Mitchell in against a guy who s 6'3, meanwhile he had decent 6'1 senior, on senior night, sitting on the bench. Warren Furrow, a senior on senior night, never saw the floor. I believe anyone on here who follows Bluefield basketball would agree that Warren is the better player over Robert. This decision by Havens to keep Mitchell in while he was getting poooped on by both Minnix twins and 6'5 Justin Jewell was absolutely terrible. Also, he never argued a call. On a night where good officiating was scarce, Coach Havens never stood up and argued. To go along with his non-arguing, he sat on his tush the entire second half watching his 23 point lead go down the drain. Never once did he stand up and try to make any adjustments.

Aside from my bashing of Coach Havens, the highlight of the game would have to be when Bluefield's Shaun Brooks threw a dunk down onto Princeton's TJ Benners' head. Also, a clutch shot by Princeton freshman Tevin Allen to gain the lead for the Tigers was beautiful. Tonight's game had a great ending that should have never been, considering Bluefield tore up Princeton in the first half and seemingly watched a 23 point lead slowly dwindle away.

As for you tigersfan, I find it odd, as im sure everyone else does, that you, and im assuming you are the same person who was on here after the previous loss to Princeton, that you only get on here after your team beats Bluefield. It only further proves the point that somehow pulling off a win against a cross-town rival completely makes your season and that you can go 6-20 yet a season is complete with one win. Pathetic is what it is.

well the thing is, Kyle and Deron did well when they were in. Yes, Kyle should have realized the time when he made that amazing pass to Deron that was dropped, but Deron should have caught the ball. They did well as Kyle played great D in the closing minutes and Deron recorded I believe 2 points. Havens decision to keep Mitchell in kills me.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Im not saying anything about the coaching or the officials, just that i wish that Warren Furrow would have seen the court tonight. That kid may not be the most athletic, nor most talented, but he gives 110% every time. He will do anything for anyone, including his coaches. Warren is a great guy, and I know he has been battling illness, but he got some minutes just a week ago.

One of the main reasons i came to this game was to see him play one last time. He truly deserved some minutes, just for his work ethic and determination. warren battled back to be able to play and dress for the beavers, I just wish he would have seen some minutes.

The sad thing is he left the game in a rush before I could even speak to him. You could tell it hurt him deeply. Warren, keep your head up son, you are one of the hardest working guys i know. All summer long i know you worked hard, heck my knees still hurt from catching for you. I just wish it could have turned out different for you.

Im sure all of beavernation will agree.

Deron had to almost throw down in fisticuffs with some idiots from Princeton tonight after the game. Of course they ran up to him as he left the building and starting jawing off and he reacted. Where is the class of Princeton people there? The thing is, tigersfan says Bluefield shows no class, correct me if im wrong, but didnt Princeton's "student section" laugh at one of Bluefield's cheerleaders for falling tonight? explain the class that was shown there.

[ QUOTE ]

but didnt Princeton's "student section" laugh at one of Bluefield's cheerleaders for falling tonight? explain the class that was shown there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed at that...So did about 20 other people from Bluefield. That was kinda funny...

[ QUOTE ]

Im not saying anything about the coaching or the officials, just that i wish that Warren Furrow would have seen the court tonight. That kid may not be the most athletic, nor most talented, but he gives 110% every time. He will do anything for anyone, including his coaches. Warren is a great guy, and I know he has been battling illness, but he got some minutes just a week ago.

One of the main reasons i came to this game was to see him play one last time. He truly deserved some minutes, just for his work ethic and determination. warren battled back to be able to play and dress for the beavers, I just wish he would have seen some minutes.

The sad thing is he left the game in a rush before I could even speak to him. You could tell it hurt him deeply. Warren, keep your head up son, you are one of the hardest working guys i know. All summer long i know you worked hard, heck my knees still hurt from catching for you. I just wish it could have turned out different for you.

Im sure all of beavernation will agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. Warren is a great kid and he can play some basketball. I talked to him momentarily after the game, he didnt have much to say. Just that he didn't know why he didn't play...he didn't say anything about the coach or anything. He just said, "I don't know man."

I truly does hurt me deeply to not see him play. He has a great jumper and is a body in the lane. I hate to see him being left out like this...but what can we do?

Warren is as nice a kid as you will ever find and he deserves to be praised for his work ethic. Nothing against any of the other players, but Warren should be Bluefield's 6th or 7th man in the game.

That is all I have to say about that...

I have to give some credit to Coach Gilliard... He sure does know how to make Bluefield lose.

Bu ti dont want to blame the refs or the coaching. Yet once again if Bluefield had made better decisions with the ball and made free throws they would have won this game handily. Any team that misses that many free throws deserves to lose. If you have seen Deron and Kyle play you would know they are skill wise mature for thier age. And i was sure they would be able to play good defense.

And Tail i agree 100% that Warren should have been playing tonight. Havens lost a lot of my respect tonight for not putting him in. You cant honestly say that Jacob Powell is better than Warren, yet Jacob got to play.

And i think it is hilarious how TigerFan created a profile tonight just to talk crap because they won against Bluefield. You should really step back and take a look at the rest of your season.

Shaun had really been impressing me this year with ho whe has composed himself in questionable situations... But i guess he had all that built up inside and let it out tonight.

Does anyone know what happened to Turquan when he went down?