SWD next year

opey12

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

someone said it right in an earlier post. g-man obviously hates the SWD. maybe he should move somewhere up north where he can have something nice to say for the young men who work hard every day just like everyone eles in virginia does

The Gman never said that the players didn't work hard, correct? I know him, and I don't believe for one minute that he hates the SWD. He is giving his honest opinion for next year. Based on the results so far, would you differ with his opinion? Lets face it, with the classifications set up by the VHSL with such wide variations in enrollments, outside of football with six state champions, its going to be tough to compete in any of the sports.

[ QUOTE ]

someone said it right in an earlier post. g-man obviously hates the SWD. maybe he should move somewhere up north where he can have something nice to say for the young men who work hard every day just like everyone eles in virginia does

[/ QUOTE ]

No, G-Man doesn't hate the SWD. I love this district. BUT, I see reality and I don't try to sugar coat it. The SWD is TERRIBLE in basketball and has been for a long time. Sure they might have a team with a really good player that makes a run in the playoffs but that is a very rare thing. Compared to the rest of the state, basketball in the SWD is the worst at the AA level from top to bottom.

[ QUOTE ]

So G-Man do you think that the schools with the single A enrollment in the SWD should go down to help better the "other" sports?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep...and I don't understand why they didn't go ahead and drop this time. This was their opportunity and they missed it. Now the the teams will have to suffer through four more years of not being competitive outside the district. Too bad for the kids...

[ QUOTE ]

I agree, some sports may be able to compete, but you kill the other ones. Look at what happened to Gate City when they dropped.

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened to them???

Girls B-ball 2005 State runner-up, 2006 State Champions, 2007 State Semi-finalists. AA (No state Championships or runner-up)

VolleyBall 2002, 2006,2007 State runner-up 2004,2005 State Champions AA (No state championships or runner-up)

Girls Softball 2002 State Champions continuous State Qualifier AA (No state championships or runner-up)

Girls Tennis 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 State Champions

AA (2 State runner-up)

Boys Basketball 2007 State runner-up 2005 State Final Four this year???? AA (1 state runner-up)

Baseball 2003, 2005 State quarter finalist, 2004 State runner-up AA(no state championships or runner-up)

Football 2001, 2002 State Semi-finalist, 2003 state champions, 2007 State runner-up (AA 3 state championships)

As you can see when they dropped the other sports were helped.

I wouldn't expect to see teams around here being really good because there is such a poor middle school league. Wasn't there a topic here once talking about how few games they play at the midle school level?

grundy dont have a chance for it all their seniors are leaving this year.. there is only 1 starter that isnt leaving and that is joe.. and the only ones that are good is derek and cody justice and if they can get better players maybe but nah ill have to go with carrol county.. getting it next year or richlands or even maybe abingdon but i guess we will just have to see who comes back next year good luck to all teams

[ QUOTE ]

grundy dont have a chance for it all their seniors are leaving this year.. there is only 1 starter that isnt leaving and that is joe.. and the only ones that are good is derek and cody justice and if they can get better players maybe but nah ill have to go with carrol county.. getting it next year or richlands or even maybe abingdon but i guess we will just have to see who comes back next year good luck to all teams

[/ QUOTE ]well if Grundy didnt have damn idiots for fans that say that stuff they might notice there are some other talented freshman that can put up numbers too