SWD next year

opey12

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can shoot a jump shot anyday hell i can go out right now in my yard and make a jump shot. but dunkin a basketball requires athletic skill i dont think they have ever been a Grundy team with that many ppl that can dunk.

[ QUOTE ]

you can shoot a jump shot anyday hell i can go out right now in my yard and make a jump shot. but dunkin a basketball requires athletic skill i dont think they have ever been a Grundy team with that many ppl that can dunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, incorrect, and wrong. Dunking has very little to do with high school basketball. While there are teams that win games with athleticism, the most successful high school basketball teams shoot the ball well. And it is a dying art in most areas, mostly because kids don't spend their free time shooting and playing pick up games, they are playing with their Wii or texting each other.

thats true. When Dunking is worth 3 points i'll start doing it haha. Don't get me wrong a Dunk is intimidating but it can not win you a basketball game. I mean congrats on getting the rim or dunking but unless you are under 6'1 or 2 most anyone with any athleticness can do it. And another lost art is SMART basketball a slow pace game with half court offence. Don't get me wrong i like to run and push the ball and some teams are smart but it can get wreckless but us from around here, we CANT run with ppl out in Va. beach or region out there. its not flashy but if you win what does it matter.

richlands should be pretty good,if the coach starts the right people,the whole line up will be 6'2 up to around 6'6 with at least 3 players dunking,the pg position is goin to be in a lil trouble but they have good ball handlers that can take that spot over easy

Start the right people huh?? Does your coach start the wrong people?? He must start his favorites right?? I bet he does, because I'm sure he's like every other coach around. Lose playing favorites rather than playing the best and winning. Give me a freaking break!

• 3 weeks later...

haha or carroll will continue dominating district play and go 12-0 again, sorry but as long as motley is there i don't think they'll have a down year, they lost a lot this year but they have alot of good players still and some coming from the jv team, and Goins is back who made the region team, carroll is the favorite to win this year and until a team knocks them off it will stay that way

I think Grundy has a chance. We are only losing 2 people and they didnt even play this season. Plus we will be getting at least 2 people from the jv team. This season we were a young team and next year we will have more varsity experience.