Macho Harris to WR...

GMan

I caught that. He is also still listed as starter at corner. I guess they want to get him more touches. It could also light a fire under those young receivers to step up in spring practice.

[ QUOTE ]

Hokies have a lot of voids to fill this year. I think they will still be very competitive, however.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's ACC football. You don't have to do much to be competitive.

I guess they feel they need something to help what was a fairly bad offense last year. Unfortunatly with the Off. Coordinator they have, I don't think putting Randy Moss at WR would help.

[ QUOTE ]

I guess they feel they need something to help what was a fairly bad offense last year. Unfortunatly with the Off. Coordinator they have, I don't think putting Randy Moss at WR would help.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%...

Does anyone know who has been on the offensive line's first team throughout these first few practices? I believe Tech's offensive line will dictate the season they have offensively.

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know who has been on the offensive line's first team throughout these first few practices? I believe Tech's offensive line will dictate the season they have offensively.

[/ QUOTE ]

TE-Smith

RT-Dechristopher

RG-Render

C-Warren (Shuman will be the starter but is rehabing injury)

LG-Marshman

LT-Wang

I believe kicking Ore off was the right thing to do. I'd heard that last years seniors had some bad apples and you need to get rid of them. Ore was a bad apple, as a coach once said "Never sacrifice discipline for one winning season because it will kill your program in the long run." Could someone tell me how Florida State's been doing as of late?

[ QUOTE ]

I believe kicking Ore off was the right thing to do. I'd heard that last years seniors had some bad apples and you need to get rid of them. Ore was a bad apple, as a coach once said "Never sacrifice discipline for one winning season because it will kill your program in the long run." Could someone tell me how Florida State's been doing as of late?

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to know how they are doing on test scores or on the playing field?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Could someone tell me how Florida State's been doing as of late?

[/ QUOTE ]

You want to know how they are doing on test scores or on the playing field?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't the answer to both be "Not Too Good!"????

How about this little tid bit for ya...

...Boone to FB...

Wheeler and Smith seem to have the TE spot covered...got to put your best players on the field...

Ore really hasn't been to productive as of late and the recruiting class will be fairly good. I don't know bout boone because Tech really doesn't do as much with their FB's and you never know if one of the tightends will be getting hurt. I'd love to see tyrod taylor have more reps this year and movin macho to WR, isn't that kinda like what the bears tried to do with devin hester???

Boone at fullback would make the position a threat in the offense again. He has learned to catch, can punish as a blocker and is familiar with carrying the ball from his days as a H.S. QB.

Ahh, spring practice where all kinds of experiments can be tried. I can't wait for the spring game on the 19th.

[ QUOTE ]

Boone at fullback would make the position a threat in the offense again. He has learned to catch, can punish as a blocker and is familiar with carrying the ball from his days as a H.S. QB.

Ahh, spring practice where all kinds of experiments can be tried. I can't wait for the spring game on the 19th.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought of Greg Boone as a quarterback still makes me laugh. I would love to see it.

[ QUOTE ]

There may still be video on YouTube. It was a scary sight 250 lbs. running a 4.5. He also played LB in high school.

[/ QUOTE ]

He played DB in high school...yeh, that was scary...

Has Boone lost the beer belly he had last year? He was way out of shape last year. Does anyone know how Drachman (sp?) is recovering from his knee injury sustained during last years William and Mary game?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thought of Greg Boone as a quarterback still makes me laugh. I would love to see it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He played QB at the Spring Game 2 years ago. He ran straight through Adibi and Hall together and kept on going. It was downright nasty!

[ QUOTE ]

Has Boone lost the beer belly he had last year? He was way out of shape last year. Does anyone know how Drachman (sp?) is recovering from his knee injury sustained during last years William and Mary game?

[/ QUOTE ]

Drachman??? Who is that??? I've never heard of him...who does he play for??? You mean Shuman, the center??? He'll be the starter when the season begins.

As for Boone, from the pics I've seen, he looks to be in good shape but still weighs in at 290...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Drachman??? Who is that??? I've never heard of him...who does he play for??? You mean Shuman, the center??? He'll be the starter when the season begins.

As for Boone, from the pics I've seen, he looks to be in good shape but still weighs in at 290...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means Chris Drager. He and Wheeler torn ACLs during the season and one of them was going to have a longer road back then the other due to the severity of the tear.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he means Chris Drager. He and Wheeler torn ACLs during the season and one of them was going to have a longer road back then the other due to the severity of the tear.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't think Drager will be in the mix. I see Smith as the starting TE with Wheeler and Boone sharing time at TE and all thee on the field when Boone lines up at FB.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly don't think Drager will be in the mix. I see Smith as the starting TE with Wheeler and Boone sharing time at TE and all thee on the field when Boone lines up at FB.

[/ QUOTE ]

The coaches really liked Drager until he got hurt. You think his football days are done?