New Coach at Carroll

BCRAM55

Glad to see he has his priorities in order. Coaching is a job, with great satisfaction, that can mold young people for a few seasons. Being a Dad is a lifetime job, without measure, that molds their children's lives forever .

• 3 weeks later...

What is the deal? I thought that they would have name a coach by now. I would think that Carroll would want to name a coach so that they could plan their summer activities.

Seth Hill, Tyler Reavis and Jacob Singleton didn't play football last year. I'm sure their are more than enough players who can do both workouts. I think that who ever gets the job needs to sit down and workout something with other coaches

[ QUOTE ]

Seth Hill, Tyler Reavis and Jacob Singleton didn't play football last year. I'm sure their are more than enough players who can do both workouts. I think that who ever gets the job needs to sit down and workout something with other coaches

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think coaches were allowed to coach/teach players or have workouts out of season...I'm pretty sure that would be some sort of VHSL rules violation...

[ QUOTE ]

Open Gym's and Summer camps chance for players to come and work on their skills. Not practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Open gyms don't require a "head coach"...

But you new a Head Coach to plan out your activities, summer camp, weight lifting dates, Camp for Little Kids, and other things. It takes alot of time and effort to do those things and you don't want someone planning these things out if they are not going to be the Head Coach.

• 1 month later...

i've heard coach mayo the girls coach from mt. airy and used to coach carroll girls, and someone from bassett maybe? i think most people on the team want brad hawks to get it though but the team doesn't have any say in it of course.

I hope that the school board stops dragging their feet. We have a few kids in the program that have the potential to play college ball and possibly get a scholarship or grant in aid money. The school board is doing a disservice to these kids and the program by making them wait. At least Coach Hawks has started an open gym and weight lifting program. I think they have also settled on a camp for this summer. I hope Hawks gets it... and I mean Brad, not Gene. Eddie is too busy working with his Tennesee bound punter to care about Basketball! Not to mention he could not hit the backboard if it fell on him. wink.gif

Tyler Reavis will definitly have a chance soon. Some of the younger guys like Mac Martin and futher down the line like Austin Horton and Ryan Gravely. These kids are not old enough to matter now and they may not be D1 prospects but any money for college is worth it. Mac may end up playing varsity this year and Austin and Ryan the next. The future is bright when looking way back. We have a group that went to AAU nationals as a 10 and under team.

Coach Hawks is involving these young kids. He has a section for them in open gym, he is even taking a middle school team to camp. You build a program from the gound up, not vice versa.