Memphis vs Kansas

blueinbama

SWD side of the bracket  

1. 1. SWD side of the bracket

Yeah buddy he has. If you want to give him credit for calling a pick and roll then he sure has.

Self went to a Box and 1 defense after he played a tight hard nosed man to man all night, beating Memphis to most lose balls and doing a great job of guarding Rose. Memphis gets an "And 1" and Rose hits a 3 for the lead Memphis didnt lose the lead again until that amazing shot at the end. Self is Kansas' weakness, foul shots are Memphis'. Both have been suspect tonight.

Without Dorsey this game should be Kansas' to lose! Its nice to finally see a title game in a major sport end up being close!

If Okie St. throws that kind of money out there, he SHOULD go...but they won't. I believe they will offer, but I believe Self will get a better counter offer from Kansas, and he will remain with the Jayhawks. The two schools are light years apart when it comes to tradition and recognition nationally. Unless OS does what you say and offers him some ridiculous amount, Self will stay in Kansas.

That game was great. It was everything I expected from a National Championship from these two teams. I love that a team as deep and experienced as Kansas can taste victory. I hate it for Joey Dorsey though. It was tough seeing him bow out early from foul disqualification. He's a competitor.

There is no way Kansas outspends Ok State if Self is who they are bound and determined to get. Self spent 11 years at Oklahoma St so its going to be hard to turn them down. He can never go any higher at Kansas. He reached his goal there. It's going to depend on how much he likes money and if he wants the challenge of building a program, not inheriting one.

Personally, I loved that Joey Dorsey fouled out. Sure, he is a competitor, but he leaves his team in the hole a lot when he stays back arguing with ref after a no call. Countless times in the season I've seen him leave his team a man down on defense while he is bickering with an official.

Him fouling out shouldnt have been a problem. Memphis gave the game to kansas in the last 30 seconds by missing 3 of 4 from the line. If i would have been memphis i would have fouled Kansas so they could only have shot 2 free throws instead of shooting that 3. But i have to give it to Kansas they didnt give up in the situation they were in and kept fighting to the very end. Congratulations Jayhawks.

[ QUOTE ]

If Okie St. throws that kind of money out there, he SHOULD go...but they won't. I believe they will offer, but I believe Self will get a better counter offer from Kansas, and he will remain with the Jayhawks. The two schools are light years apart when it comes to tradition and recognition nationally. Unless OS does what you say and offers him some ridiculous amount, Self will stay in Kansas.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK ST. has the resources to offer a "ridiculous amount" of money to lure Self to their campus.

T. Boone Pickens, one of the richest men in the U.S., in 2005 gave......165 MILLION dollars and it all was awarded towards athletics at his alma mater, OSU.

That will buy him some good seats at any of their football games....oh yeah, the new stadium is named....you guessed it....Boone Pickens Stadium.

Money will not be an issue for OSU if Self is their man...now, whether he will accept the offer if extended is another story.

I think he stays at Kansas. I think he is happy there, and I don't think he wants to go to OK St., monster money or not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Kansas is one of the premier basketball jobs in the country, and OK St. is not. I believe he will choose Kansas.

[Quote: "Five years ago, Self left a plum gig at Illinois to go to Lawrence. His Illinois team had just earned a No. 1 seed in the tournament; he had Deron Williams and most of the team that would almost win a national championship in 2005. But when Kansas called, he eagerly answered.

"Illinois is a great job," Self said then. "This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

He knew it then, he knows it today, and he'll know it whenever Oklahoma State calls. Boone Pickens might have bundles of cash, but for a college basketball coach, Kansas is truly a gold mine."]

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8000114?MSNHPHMA

[ QUOTE ]

I think he stays at Kansas. I think he is happy there, and I don't think he wants to go to OK St., monster money or not. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Kansas is one of the premier basketball jobs in the country, and OK St. is not. I believe he will choose Kansas.

[Quote: "Five years ago, Self left a plum gig at Illinois to go to Lawrence. His Illinois team had just earned a No. 1 seed in the tournament; he had Deron Williams and most of the team that would almost win a national championship in 2005. But when Kansas called, he eagerly answered.

"Illinois is a great job," Self said then. "This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity."

He knew it then, he knows it today, and he'll know it whenever Oklahoma State calls. Boone Pickens might have bundles of cash, but for a college basketball coach, Kansas is truly a gold mine."]

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/8000114?MSNHPHMA

[/ QUOTE ]

Self is an idiot if he goes to okee dokee University. I mean the name Kansas recruits it's self. I'm sure he recruits well with that, but it's a much better basketball school than ok st. I know Sutton made them noticeable in basketball, but compared to KU......there isn't anything to talk about. I don't know what Self's connection to Ok st. is other than have been there 11 years previously as posted by someone else, but, unless it's home or alma mater then no way. Even if it is, that would still be a crazy move. I mean Roy made the move to go home but he wasn't going backwards in his career to go to UNC.

[ QUOTE ]

There is no way Kansas outspends Ok State if Self is who they are bound and determined to get. Self spent 11 years at Oklahoma St so its going to be hard to turn them down. He can never go any higher at Kansas. He reached his goal there. It's going to depend on how much he likes money and if he wants the challenge of building a program, not inheriting one.

[/ QUOTE ] Self turned town $6 Million!

NUMBER OF THE WEEK

"Six million dollars, which will buy you a couple beverages at popular watering hole Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater, Okla. Published reports had Oklahoma State super-booster T. Boone Pickens offering Bill Self that amount as a signing bonus to leave Kansas and coach OSU, Self's alma mater. Self stayed at KU, sounding happy at a press conference to announce the news. No word on Mrs. Self's take on passing on the cash".

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-collegeinsider1208apr12,0,1252252.story

I guess he chose staying at a much storied program with a bright future over a...well...OKIE ST.