Some of your favorite hits in college football

MTNEER1

Guest JJBrickface

So far all of those were nasty hits. I remember Kayden getting laid out that night. It has to suck when you dont see it coming. lol The Quincy Wilson play is just AMAZING!!! Its a shame we lost that game but Mountaineer football turned the corner after that play.

I havent bothered looking for a link, but Jonathan Vilma's hit in the 2002 national championship game against Nebraska's tight end has to be up there. The TE catches it, turns and runs and Vilma smashes him, lifts him straight up, he fumbles, and slams him to the ground. Not too many hits like that in such huge games.

I am a Mountaineer fan so it pains me to say this but the biggest hit I ever saw in person was WVU vs. TECH at Blacksburg when Vick was there. WVU led at halftime but there was a block on a punt return by TECH where somebody absolutely got lit up. I cant remember ever seeing it on video. The other one that comes to mind was the hit in the Pitt game two years ago where the Pitt blocker took out two Mountaineers.

[ QUOTE ]

I am a Mountaineer fan so it pains me to say this but the biggest hit I ever saw in person was WVU vs. TECH at Blacksburg when Vick was there. WVU led at halftime but there was a block on a punt return by TECH where somebody absolutely got lit up. I cant remember ever seeing it on video.

[/ QUOTE ]

bhs7695 posted that hit in a post above...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8gf-l3e3Wc&feature=related

[ QUOTE ]

The other one that comes to mind was the hit in the Pitt game two years ago where the Pitt blocker took out two Mountaineers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here it is right here. #1 on ESPN Top 10 that week... but mostly for the actual touchdown. It ranks in one of my personal favorite plays...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV3g2Z-0ExA&NR=1