Grundy Var/JV VS. Carroll JV

carrollfan

exactly...saying you will be immediate competitors because you go to a soccer camp in Brazil is like me saying i would be a top D-1 football player if i went to a camp that the Patriots did or something like that...

I agree with the analogy. That's also like saying if I sleep in a garage one night, I'm now a car. Let's hope you actually put a varsity team on the field next year instead of cancelling the season at the last minute. We will see if you can back up the talk then.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

That was a very good game carroll county. it was a well deserved victory.

You all played great all around! =)

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't understand how you know that! from what i hear you hurt your head and don't remeber anything from during the game or after! that's just too sad!

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to be mature about a loss. No i dont remember the game but i have watched game film. & carroll co. deserved their victory the first game. I'm sorry i wasnt being a sore loser abotu it like you would have been.

[ QUOTE ]

I think Grundy's soccer team is the best in the southwest virginia area. The players are well coached and well mannered. It wouldn't be a surprise if Grundy won the Southwest in at least 2 years from now.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action."---Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

richlands was the "new" team in the SWD about 8 or so years ago and guess what...they've yet to win the SWD. however, richlands has come a long way from having those crappy, out of shape goals those first two years to playing at the community college and being competive and winning games in the district now. i sincerely doubt grundy will be even close to winning the distirct in 2 years b/c:

1) young program

2) no players (or very few of them) that have played soccer for years and years growing up b/c of lack of interest in the area. your area is all about WRESTLING and nothing else as much until popularity grows.

3) how does anyone know the team will be a varsity team next year or anytime soon until it actually happens? hard to win if you are a jv team still.

The Juan Oscar Bernardo Soccer Camp is considered one of the top Brazilian soccer camps in the Western Hemisphere. Juan Oscar Bernardo played on three championship teams and was a captin on one of the best soccer teams of all time.

[ QUOTE ]

The Juan Oscar Bernardo Soccer Camp is considered one of the top Brazilian soccer camps in the Western Hemisphere. Juan Oscar Bernardo played on three championship teams and was a captin on one of the best soccer teams of all time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who??? Never heard of him...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesnt matter if Pele himself was coaching the camp...its a CAMP! all you do is work on basics and improve on those basics...IT WILL NOT MAKE YOU A BETTER TEAM! you have to PLAY GAMES AGAINST OTHER VARSITY TEAMS AND GET EXPERIENCE AT THE VARSITY LEVEL before you will become a power in the SWD...there will be NO signs of hope for Grundy until at LEAST 5 or 10 years from now

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you should just go to the blacksburg soccer camp and learn how real men play soccer

More likely Brazil, WV. Probably somewhere between Johnny Cake and Cucumber, the hometown of Fat Boy. KickballStud, I give you a "10" for originality. For you "Real Soccer Fans", you get a "10" for gullibility.

Runner4life7 do us all a favor and just shut up, you think your some hot shot when i say your not so why don't you just drop it and stop telling grundy people to hush as far as i know its a free country if we want to get on here and talk about soccer even if were new at it because i say at one point you were just like them.