Playboy All American

wvuball

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

But are your statements facts or opinions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely opinion if it is coming from them. GetMoney is too busy getting money, cash hoes. You know???

Youre right, and Tebow is too busy being the better quarterback. Like Tail said, if you go anywhere in the country other than West Virginia or this small area, it wouldnt even be a debate over who is the better quarterback between White and Tebow. That is a fact.

Tebow is amazing. No doubt about it. I don't expect any non WVU fans to say I'd rather have PW. They won't for the most part. I've seen every game he has played since he first broke onto the scene. I wouldn't trade him for anyone. He is priceless. He's a great leader, has a great record as a starter, wins his bowl games, and has been a contender for the Heisman and will be again this year. He is tough and there is noone here he can argue that. It wasn't his decision to stay out much of the Pitt game. It was dear old HC's decision. He wanted to come back the next series. Anyway, any QB who carries it as much as he does has toughness to take the hits and dish them out as well. Why do we argue things that we know noone will agree on? Anyway, just MY OPINION!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely opinion if it is coming from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it has to be an opinion if someone in their warped mind chooses Tim Tebow over Pat White. We all know that according to a lot of people on this board if you wear blue and gold then you are automatically the best. Walter Payton and Barry Sanders are a thing of the past because Noel Devine and Steve Slaton have hit the scene. Who is Peyton Manning? Pat White is the only QB worth a damn! All Hail "Coach Stew", the Lord and Savior of the whole state of West By God Virginia, who hasn't coached a single football game at WVU as the named head coach but is automatically a Hall of Famer. Hail to the Victors!!! Oh, please excuse me! How could I ever mention anything about the actual devil himself, Rich Rodriguez! **gasp** shocked.gifGET OVER YOURSELVES!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely opinion if it is coming from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course it has to be an opinion if someone in their warped mind chooses Tim Tebow over Pat White. We all know that according to a lot of people on this board if you wear blue and gold then you are automatically the best. Walter Payton and Barry Sanders are a thing of the past because Noel Devine and Steve Slaton have hit the scene. Who is Peyton Manning? Pat White is the only QB worth a damn! All Hail "Coach Stew", the Lord and Savior of the whole state of West By God Virginia, who hasn't coached a single football game at WVU as the named head coach but is automatically a Hall of Famer. Hail to the Victors!!! Oh, please excuse me! How could I ever mention anything about the actual devil himself, Rich Rodriguez! **gasp** shocked.gifGET OVER YOURSELVES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm actually laughing at you right now. Geez, someone has some envy issues to get over. I know , my name will be banned and I'll make another, but it's sad that you can't take an opinion for what it's worth. Tebow is great, I just said I would not trade PW for anyone on anyday. I also said it was my opinion. Get over it! A lot of people compared Devine to Sanders when he was young, so what. Too bad you don't have anything of the sort in Blacksburg. I"m sure that if you did, you would be singing his praises as well. I wasn't wild about the Coach Stewart pick at first. I still have my questions, but his assistants are more qualified than anything Tech has to offer. We take pride in our School and our State. What is wrong with that, absolutely nothing! West By God Virginia is right and don't forget it! When your team does something let me know, please let me know. Your rant is weak and pointless.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

First, He wasnt even talking to you Schmitt, and second, everything he said has some merit to it. People get bashed because they dont believe a WVU player is not the best, even though the Heisman commitee and the Playboy guys agree with non WVU fans. Rediculous if you ask me as well. We all have opinions dont we? Schmitt you always complain about just posting your opinion, well so are some people on here but unfortunately we are so wrong with our opinions.

As for VT, who should have never been brought up in the first place, I really doubt WVU has better assistants than they do with a first year head coach, esp when RR took many with him...

And I love my state just as much as the biggest WVU fan but i will tell you this, the obnoxious fan attitude really has shed a bad light on the state. Add in Degreegate and WVU being the #1 party school and it gets worse.

Why cant WVU fans enjoy their wins as well as respecting what other schools are doing as well?

Keep thinking you all are better than everyone at everything, cause sooner or later you will be in for a rude awakening.

[ QUOTE ]

A lot of people compared Devine to Sanders when he was young, so what. Too bad you don't have anything of the sort in Blacksburg. I"m sure that if you did, you would be singing his praises as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am guessing you didn't watch the NFL Draft or you would have seen a little of what Tech has to offer. If you didn't then click this link and you will see this:

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showflat...3&fpart=all

[ QUOTE ]

Not a bad weekend for the Hokies:

Duane Brown - Texans (1st round)

Brandon Flowers - Chiefs (2nd round)

Eddie Royal - Broncos (2nd round)

Chris Ellis - Bills (3rd round)

Xavier Adibi - Texans (4th round)

Carlton Powell - Broncos (5th round)

Josh Morgan - 49ers (6th round)

Justin Harper - Ravens (7th round)

Vince Hall was completely screwed in this year's draft. Say what you want about his size, speed, etc., but the guy is a play maker and he will make an impact on whatever team he signs with as a free agent.

The Hokies sent 8 players to the draft, which is only 2 less than the highest total (USC 10). That is excellent considering that USC's recruiting classes are so much more "prestigious" than anyone else in the country.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I wasn't wild about the Coach Stewart pick at first. I still have my questions, but his assistants are more qualified than anything Tech has to offer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you don't remember all the Mountaineer faithful who were drooling at the chance to have Virginia Tech's very own Bud Foster to step in and take over at WVU do you?

[ QUOTE ]

We take pride in our School and our State. What is wrong with that, absolutely nothing! West By God Virginia is right and don't forget it! When your team does something let me know, please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is nothing wrong at all with rooting for your team and/or state but when you have a bunch of uneducated fools, which may or may not be you, who act like idiots and give the state a bad name then it should cause a little concern. This is much like the Tebow situation, once you are out of West Virginia and its small surrounding areas, you would be surprised to find out how many people do not care about the state of West Virginia or its football.

[ QUOTE ]

Your rant is weak and pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahahahahahahaha!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Noone said PW was better than Tebow

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm...

[ QUOTE ]

Pat white isint surrounded by 4 and 5 star athletes at every position....Tebow is..

[/ QUOTE ]

and...

[ QUOTE ]

if pat white had 4 and 5 star players at every position like Tebow does then I feel that pat white could have a better passing game going in his favor...

[/ QUOTE ]

and...

[ QUOTE ]

... Tebow isn't a better QB. White is a better athlete. White is a better leader.

[/ QUOTE ]

and the clincher...

[ QUOTE ]

Pat White > Tim Tebow

[/ QUOTE ]

so what thread have you been reading?

I love how people think White is the better athlete on the football field. I would love to see Pat White gain 50 pounds and still run .1-.2 seconds faster than Tebow's 40 time. The fact that Tim Tebow is 6' 3" 235 lbs. and still runs just .1 seconds slower (in most times) than Pat White while he is 6' 2" 185 lbs. is incredible. Another point, Pat White dislocated his thumb and sat out the rest of the game, while Tebow broke his entire hand and continued to play also playing in the bowl game against Michigan with a soft cast protecting the broken hand.

Tebow has the Maxwell, Davey O'Brien and James E. Sullivan awards to his credit, along with a Heisman and a national championship ring. When Tebow won the Heisman, he finished 1,807 points higher than Pat White in the voting; that goes on to further prove that people outside of this state and area dont care about Pat White.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I love how people think White is the better athlete on the football field. I would love to see Pat White gain 50 pounds and still run .1-.2 seconds faster than Tebow's 40 time. The fact that Tim Tebow is 6' 3" 235 lbs. and still runs just .1 seconds slower (in most times) than Pat White while he is 6' 2" 185 lbs. is incredible. Another point, Pat White dislocated his thumb and sat out the rest of the game, while Tebow broke his entire hand and continued to play also playing in the bowl game against Michigan with a soft cast protecting the broken hand.

Tebow has the Maxwell, Davey O'Brien and James E. Sullivan awards to his credit, along with a Heisman and a national championship ring. When Tebow won the Heisman, he finished 1,807 points higher than Pat White in the voting; that goes on to further prove that people outside of this state and area dont care about Pat White.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, are you really judging based on a .1 difference in a 40 time??? Pat White and Tim Tebow have different styles but each one WORKS for their team. Pat White is a gamebreaker, Tim Tebow is a wrecking ball. Obviously WVU fans are going to be a little biased, we love Pat White. I think the majority here have said Tebow is a great player but we know about Pat White. His gamebreaking talent, leadership, IQ, and character are all reasons we love the guy. Not too mention he has lead WVU to two BCS bowl wins. As far as injuries go, I've watched MANY times were Pat White has got the crap knocked out of him but he gets right back up. You are saying Tebow has a disadvantage in speed because he is bigger, well White has a disadvantage in durability to that he is skinny.

I wish all Pat White haters would get the hell over it. Hes very deserving of the honor because worked very hard for four years hes carried this team on back many times. Because Mr Im too religious all american Tebow cant accept the honor, does it mean Pat White is a bad guy then? Any WVU fan could give a rats ass about who cares about PW outside of WV.

[ QUOTE ]

I wish all Pat White haters would get the hell over it. Hes very deserving of the honor because worked very hard for four years hes carried this team on back many times. Because Mr Im too religious all american Tebow cant accept the honor, does it mean Pat White is a bad guy then? Any WVU fan could give a rats ass about who cares about PW outside of WV.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a perfect example of the WVU attitude everyone hates. Just because someone doesn't worship Pat White and/or bleed blue and gold then they are obviously "hating". All Heisman Trophies and BCS National titles aside, Pat White and Tim Tebow are virtually the exact same person.

Guest JJBrickface

Once again I have to bring up the Gino Toretta/Brett Favre analogy.

I really don't care what BeaverTail or GetMoney55 say, they're not going to sway my opinion. Just because I love WVU doesnt mean when I say PW is better than TT makes me a homer. Im sure thousands of people across the country would agree...What makes our opinions different? that you want to sit there and try to prove that our opinions are wrong. How is somebodys opinion wrong on a matter like this?

Your hatred for WVU is so strong that they just love to try and bring WVU down....its actually really funny

Preach on brother BeaverTail and GetMoney55, I dont even get angry at their stupid rants anymore. I laugh

[ QUOTE ]

Once again I have to bring up the Gino Toretta/Brett Favre analogy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say that just because Tebow won the Heisman Trophy he is better than Pat White. I posted this earlier as my explanation of why Tebow was my choice... the Heisman and other awards only support my argument.

[ QUOTE ]

If I was a defensive coordinator I wouldn't like to face either one of them on the field, but I think Tebow still would be tougher.

Pat White - 6'2" 190 lbs

144 of 216 passes completed (66.7%), 1724 Yards

14 Passing TDs, 4 Interceptions

8.0 Yards/Attempt, 151.4 QB Rating

197 Rushes, 1335 Yards, 14 Rushing TDs, 6.8 Average

Tim Tebow - 6'3" 235 lbs

234 of 350 passes completed (66.9%), 3286 Yards

32 Passing TDs, 6 Interceptions

9.4 Yards/Attempt, 172.5 QB Rating

210 Rushes, 895 Yards, 23 Rushing TDs, 4.3 Average

Other than the fact that White ran for about 400 more yards than Tebow on about 15 more carries, Tebow threw for almost twice the yards and more than twice the touchdowns (and came close to doubling White's rushing touchdown totals) this past season. I won't even try to argue who played the tougher schedule and competition throughout the season...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Of course it has to be an opinion if someone in their warped mind chooses Tim Tebow over Pat White. We all know that according to a lot of people on this board if you wear blue and gold then you are automatically the best. Walter Payton and Barry Sanders are a thing of the past because Noel Devine and Steve Slaton have hit the scene. Who is Peyton Manning? Pat White is the only QB worth a damn! All Hail "Coach Stew", the Lord and Savior of the whole state of West By God Virginia, who hasn't coached a single football game at WVU as the named head coach but is automatically a Hall of Famer. Hail to the Victors!!! Oh, please excuse me! How could I ever mention anything about the actual devil himself, Rich Rodriguez! **gasp** GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should get over yourself and quit starting sh!t, sounds like a good idea to me

if only I knew how to add fellow mods to the "Ignore list"

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Of course it has to be an opinion if someone in their warped mind chooses Tim Tebow over Pat White. We all know that according to a lot of people on this board if you wear blue and gold then you are automatically the best. Walter Payton and Barry Sanders are a thing of the past because Noel Devine and Steve Slaton have hit the scene. Who is Peyton Manning? Pat White is the only QB worth a damn! All Hail "Coach Stew", the Lord and Savior of the whole state of West By God Virginia, who hasn't coached a single football game at WVU as the named head coach but is automatically a Hall of Famer. Hail to the Victors!!! Oh, please excuse me! How could I ever mention anything about the actual devil himself, Rich Rodriguez! **gasp** GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should get over yourself and quit starting sh!t, sounds like a good idea to me

if only I knew how to add fellow mods to the "Ignore list"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL... I don't know who that post bothered more... you or wvuball2048571/fieldgenereal49u4y/SCHMITT2430000.3?

All of them more than likley...

I never have and never will compare PW to Peyton Manning, thats just insane...But in my opinion PW is a better overall QB than Tebow...and he's a better leader...and never have i ever compared SS to barry sanders...But we will just have to wait and see how he does in the NFL. Pat White is better off sticking with baseball in my opinion because they will more than likley move him to WR in the pro's. I just love little negative Nancys like Tail and Getmoney....

Guest JJBrickface

If some of these guys invested the same amount of time in something productive as they do in attempting to make WVU fans irritated then they may be pretty successful. Could possibly even get money?

[ QUOTE ]

All of them more than likley...

I never have and never will compare PW to Peyton Manning, thats just insane...But in my opinion PW is a better overall QB than Tebow...and he's a better leader...and never have i ever compared SS to barry sanders...But we will just have to wait and see how he does in the NFL. Pat White is better off sticking with baseball in my opinion because they will more than likley move him to WR in the pro's. I just love little negative Nancys like Tail and Getmoney....

[/ QUOTE ]

As I have said before, the majority of people on here are pro hokie which is fine. If you don't want people with a difference of opinion, then make this a hokie message board and you all can high five each other on how the next season is going to be. If you don't want to do that, then just read / reply. Don't get your panties in a bunch because some of us have ....shhhh dare I say it....an opinion. So what, we think PW is a great QB, and he has been for us. WE could get into the argument that Tebow is because of awards and he played as a situation QB for a national championship team or we could compare career starting records and bowl records as a starter. Both ways would prove that the other was the better man. I don't care! I made this post in effort to inform those who wanted to know that PW was chosen as the only QB for the Playboy all-american team. Maybe Tebow was chosen and turned it down, that it fine. I can handle, as I said being #2 or second choice for the award. It's recognition! The kid is unbelieveable and is a great QB and leader for our team who has been quite successful. I wouldn't want anyone else to lead our team!

So let's all quit the belly achin' take it for what it's worth and move the hell on!

You've got to be kidding me! He would not have made a difference. The play calling IMO was horrendous especially in the game with PITT. I could have called a better game offensively. Tebow wouldn't have made a difference.