Playboy All American

wvuball

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Before everyone goes into shock that White was chosen over Tim Tebow word is that Tebow turned down the honor due to his religious beliefs and the nature of Playboy's business.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's fine. I'll take second best QB in the nation. Although I think Pat is a better leader. Tebow may have him on passing, but we don't see Pat throw that much, may change this year though.

[ QUOTE ]

That's fine. I'll take second best QB in the nation. Although I think Pat is a better leader. Tebow may have him on passing, but we don't see Pat throw that much, may change this year though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would much rather have Tim Tebow running my offense any Saturday of the season if I were a coach. He doesn't need to be compared to White in any manner because his Heisman trophy and National Championship ring speak for themselves.

[ QUOTE ]

Pat white isint surrounded by 4 and 5 star athletes at every position....Tebow is..

[/ QUOTE ]

Pat White doesn't play in the toughest conference against the toughest defenses in the country... Tebow does...

but West Virginia does get those top recruits now. Every WVU fans seems to brag about their recruits but when it comes down to being compared to another player (like Tebow), some kind of excuse always comes up. I agree with Hokie; Tebow plays in the toughest conference, Pat White doesnt, Tebow has a ring and a Heisman, White doesnt. Id take Tebow anyday.

We got those top recruits now? We've only gotten 2 5-star recruits in the past two years...and before that, the only 5 star recruit I can think of is Jason Gwaltney who ended up dropping out anyways...

I'm not making excuses, if pat white had 4 and 5 star players at every position like Tebow does then I feel that pat white could have a better passing game going in his favor...

Pat White > Tim Tebow

Say what you want, but thats my opinion, call me a homer or whatever but if you do...Then I got 2 words for ya!

[ QUOTE ]

but West Virginia does get those top recruits now. Every WVU fans seems to brag about their recruits but when it comes down to being compared to another player (like Tebow), some kind of excuse always comes up. I agree with Hokie; Tebow plays in the toughest conference, Pat White doesnt, Tebow has a ring and a Heisman, White doesnt. Id take Tebow anyday.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying Tebow isn't a better QB. White is a better athlete. White is a better leader. I'll take that. If it means White is second best....I'll take that too. Noone wanted white as a QB. LSU wanted him as a wideout and the Angels wanted him for centerfield. Noone is making excuses. Most of the players on the team were not 4 and 5 stars. The recruits started with Devine last year and a few more this and next year.

[ QUOTE ]

We got those top recruits now? We've only gotten 2 5-star recruits in the past two years...and before that, the only 5 star recruit I can think of is Jason Gwaltney who ended up dropping out anyways...

I'm not making excuses, if pat white had 4 and 5 star players at every position like Tebow does then I feel that pat white could have a better passing game going in his favor...

Pat White > Tim Tebow

Say what you want, but thats my opinion, call me a homer or whatever but if you do...Then I got 2 words for ya!

[/ QUOTE ]

Homer.

Come on guys. There cant be a comparison between these two. Both are great athletes playing in systems that take advantage of seperate attributes. White is a savy, great athlete that I would take in the spread read option every day(I love to watch this offense when its clicking). Tebow (to me) is the toughest most determined QB in the nation. If you need 4 yards he'll get 5, if its 15 he'll get you 20. I do beleive that if you reversed their roles (White at Florida, Tebow at WVU) then you would most likely see similar results. (If I were coaching the national championship, I would probably like Tebow at the helm).

I'd say Tebow's ring, Heisman trophy, and broken records make him the better quarterback. In my opinion, as well as that of others, Pat White would not succeed in the League unless as a receiver(his real future is in baseball). He plays in a system that favors the majority runner at quarterback. Tebow, on the other hand, has great size, a great arm, great speed and can flat out barrel through people and is the kind of quarterback who passes first, runs second(unless a play is strictly designed for the Tebow run through), and charges through defenses third. Pat White is quick, yes, and I agree that there isnt another quarterback coming into this season that can match his quickness, but Tebow is the better quarterback and leader of his team.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I'd say Tebow's ring, Heisman trophy, and broken records make him the better quarterback. In my opinion, as well as that of others, Pat White would not succeed in the League unless as a receiver(his real future is in baseball). He plays in a system that favors the majority runner at quarterback. Tebow, on the other hand, has great size, a great arm, great speed and can flat out barrel through people and is the kind of quarterback who passes first, runs second(unless a play is strictly designed for the Tebow run through), and charges through defenses third. Pat White is quick, yes, and I agree that there isnt another quarterback coming into this season that can match his quickness, but Tebow is the better quarterback and leader of his team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Tebow has a ring and although he did contribute a great deal to that team you still have to remember that Chris Leak was the starting QB for them.

As for the Hesiman...Jason White, Eric Crouch, Chris Weinke, Danny Wuerffel, and Gino Toretta has one too. Woopity Doo.

It's still a Heisman trophy...are you trying to tell me that it doesnt matter? So those people you listed never turned out well in the league, but no one can take away their portrait for winning the Heisman Memorial Trophy. We all know Pat White wont do anything in the league, so youre telling me if he wins the Heisman it wont mean anything?

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

It's still a Heisman trophy...are you trying to tell me that it doesnt matter? So those people you listed never turned out well in the league, but no one can take away their portrait for winning the Heisman Memorial Trophy. We all know Pat White wont do anything in the league, so youre telling me if he wins the Heisman it wont mean anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope didn't say that. You are saying Tebow is better because he has a Hesiman trophy and Pat White doesn't. If thats the case then Gino Toretta is better than Brett Favre.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Athletic wise Pat White beats Tebow..Speed- Pat White...Arm- Tebow

Qb Smartness- EVEN

[/ QUOTE ]

good assessment in my opinion

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree

not solely the Heisman, but the records and the ring. The Heisman, the records, the ring, those are at the college level. No one can take that away from them. Toretta is nothing to Favre in the league, and it will stay that way; likewise, Favre is nothing to Toretta on the college level.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

not solely the Heisman, but the records and the ring. The Heisman, the records, the ring, those are at the college level. No one can take that away from them. Toretta is nothing to Favre in the league, and it will stay that way; likewise, Favre is nothing to Toretta on the college level.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the question is....why was Favre nothing to Toretta on the college level? Was Toretta actually the better player then or did Favre just get really good?

If I was a defensive coordinator I wouldn't like to face either one of them on the field, but I think Tebow still would be tougher.

Pat White - 6'2" 190 lbs

144 of 216 passes completed (66.7%), 1724 Yards

14 Passing TDs, 4 Interceptions

8.0 Yards/Attempt, 151.4 QB Rating

197 Rushes, 1335 Yards, 14 Rushing TDs, 6.8 Average

Tim Tebow - 6'3" 235 lbs

234 of 350 passes completed (66.9%), 3286 Yards

32 Passing TDs, 6 Interceptions

9.4 Yards/Attempt, 172.5 QB Rating

210 Rushes, 895 Yards, 23 Rushing TDs, 4.3 Average

Other than the fact that White ran for about 400 more yards than Tebow on about 15 more carries, Tebow threw for almost twice the yards and more than twice the touchdowns (and came close to doubling White's rushing touchdown totals) this past season. I won't even try to argue who played the tougher schedule and competition throughout the season...

My final and most important point of why I would rather have Tebow in my backfield over Pat White is because of one thing: TOUGHNESS.

Tim Tebow set records this past season with a broken hand while playing in what I regard as the toughest football conference in the country. Pat White always seems to get hurt in the big games when they are losing or their offense was sputtering (eg. see Pitt and USF). Minor scrapes and/or bruises are just battle wounds and Tim Tebow plays through pain and shows why he is a warrior.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I think Pat White is a great QB, do not get me wrong, but are we really having this discussion?

I don't think it is really even close to who is the better QB, Tebow is a man playing among boys.

Even though White is an amazing playmaker and probably the main catalyst for every WVU win, i think if we traveled out of the state this wouldnt be a discussion.