did Cheyney just lose WV?

VHSLhelper

Lets attack Vice President Cheney just like we attacked Abercrombie and Fitch or Hollister or whatever clothing brand it was who made the "It's all relative in West Virginia" t-shirts a few years ago.

I'm from West Virginia and I'm not offended at all. I guess I'm one of the few who can actually take a joke...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Im not either.

Im more embarrassed by degreegate than anything else.

After further research the quote was really taken WAY out of context. Cheney is searching for his lighter side after 8 years in office. This is just another step in making us completely politically correct... which is the WORST thing ever.

And its CHENEY.

I can see where it would be a big deal because it is the Vice President to say that, but come on, even so, that's not all that bad. If someone is offended so terribly by this, its probably because they have that issue with their family.

Guest JJBrickface

I am a republican and support this administration but I find it unacceptable for the Vice President to use a sterotypical comment like this. With that being said I am not pissed off but it definitely should not be accepted.

I don't put much weight into what Cheney says considering he is probably the worst VP in US history and would be considered a dictator for his actions in office in any country outside of the U.S.

I don't know which is funnier, his quip about West Virginia or the fact that no one will remember who he is in 50 years.

[ QUOTE ]

I don't put much weight into what Cheney says considering he is probably the worst VP in US history and would be considered a dictator for his actions in office in any country outside of the U.S.

I don't know which is funnier, his quip about West Virginia or the fact that no one will remember who he is in 50 years.

[/ QUOTE ]

For what this bunch of crooks has done to this country, they should be in prison. Maybe Cheney would like to go hunting with some of us GOOD OLE BOYS from WV...

I think chaney and the whole adminstration is garbage and this backs that up. He has no class at all. But is what it trully does do though is it shows that no matter what it always feels like it is West Virginia against the United States. Examples: Mike Freeman incident, This incident, and WVU football team never gets any respect. That's just the way i c it.

i think people need to learn to take a joke better...he was OBVIOUSLY joking and everyone that was at that luncheon or dinner or whatever it was was laughing along with him...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Please elaborate and give examples... dictator is a pretty strong word.

Secondly, are you sure you know how the goverment works? There are checks and balances the doesnt allow anyone to possibly become a "dictator". (Like the democratic congress? you know the one with the 17% approval rating). There is no way anyone can become a dictator because of the power of veto by any of the three branches. And maybe you got this mixed up, but Cheney is the VICE President. If he isnt even the main person in power how can he be a dictator? Ive never heard of 2 dictators ruling one country at once, (maybe nicuagura, but not the same at all as Cheney/Bush) and last i checked America is a Democracy.

Dictator- a person exercising absolute power, esp. a ruler who has absolute, unrestricted control in a government without hereditary succession.

As you can see, there is NO WAY Cheney is a dictator. Please leave your fourth grade comments in the classroom, I understand summer is almost here, but there is no need for rediculous claims.

I think its time for you to get a history lesson...

Dictators: Fidel Castro. Adolf Hitler. Joseph Stalin. Mao Zedong. Saddam Hussein. Benito Mussoulini.

These are true dictators. How in the world can you compare these to Cheney? Seriously? They killed THOUSANDS, combined maybe close to MILLIONS, of people. How can you compare Cheney to them?

As for worst VP in America's History, lets run down some names.

Aaron Burr... Competed in a duel WHILE VP, KILLING one of the founders of our country, Alexander Hamilton. In addition, he tried to form a whole new nation out of the western part of the US.

John Calhoun - Mr. Calhoun took his state of SC to the edge of succession with false doctrines. Later, President Jackson said he wished he had HUNG Calhoun.

Richard Johnson - wanted to fund a trip to the North Pole because he thought the Earth was hollow. Inside was the best part according to Johnson, as it held many secrets, including the dinosaurs. Johnson also claimed he killed a Native American war hero, but there is no proof. Johnson was also a slave owner and it was widely believed that he raped his female slaves.

Not to mention people like Dan Quayle or Spiro Agnew.

Sure Cheney is not the greatest, he may has had some setbacks, but none that are really confirmed or of any validity, besides the fact that he had an incident bird hunting, which burd hunting accounts for almost 50% of the whole hunting accidents. Being a hunter, I know you have to take be very careful, bu ti know accidents do happen unfortunately, especially with fast moving targets. That still is no excuse.

You may point to Halliburton or the CIA scandal, but Cheney was convicted of nothing. The impeachment bill by Dennis Kucinich drew laughs, was never sponsored and was quickly tabled.

Sure, ill give you reason to call him a bad VP, but the worst or a dictator is a little crazy.

And trust me, if he is a dictator like you allegedly claim, he will be remembered in 50 years.

Class dismissed.

[ QUOTE ]

For what this bunch of crooks has done to this country, they should be in prison. Maybe Cheney would like to go hunting with some of us GOOD OLE BOYS from WV...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh... You're exactly right, lock them all up! The only thing they have done is keep you safe at night and so you can live your life day after day without fear. As much as you may disagree, you "good ole boys from WV" don't quite have the artillery to deal with them there terrorists...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I think chaney and the whole adminstration is garbage and this backs that up. He has no class at all. But is what it trully does do though is it shows that no matter what it always feels like it is West Virginia against the United States. Examples: Mike Freeman incident, This incident, and WVU football team never gets any respect. That's just the way i c it.

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Please do not try and compare the US goverment and the people in it with WVU's football team.

Mike Freeman is a moron. Ill leave it at that. You can't base a whole entire country's perspective on that idiot. If so then the whole world hates Mizzou too as well as Tyler Hansbrough (because he is white according to Freeman).

There is no way you can base that statement on 3 things, one was a joke, one a way to piss people off and generate attention, and something that may/ or may be not true. (WVU football).

Ill tell you right now what is giving WV a bad name. Seriously, I didnt think this was a big deal till i started talking to other people, such as professors at my school, how much Joe Manchin and Degreegate have hurt this state especially WVU. WVU's reputation has taken a beating during this scandal more than you would think, as i was surprised as well...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two words...Dan Quayle...

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Dan_Quayle/

I think the only reason anyone from WV is offended by what he said is because it is pretty much the truth...and we know how most WV's can't handle the truth with their "us against the world" attitudes...

Lighten up, it was only a joke...a bad one, but still, only a joke...got lots of laughs too if you actually watched/listened to the video...

I disagree. I believe our leaders should exhibit a standard of behavior that is different from the

average person. These two guys are starting to act like a couple of clowns before they leave office. Don't they still have work to do? I'd rather think that our President and Vice President are people that I wouldn't want to hang out at the bar with and crack jokes.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gosh... You're exactly right, lock them all up! The only thing they have done is keep you safe at night and so you can live your life day after day without fear. As much as you may disagree, you "good ole boys from WV" don't quite have the artillery to deal with them there terrorists...

[/ QUOTE ]

This bunch of thugs ain't keeping anyone safe. We are more unsafe now then we have ever been. They have spent most of their time trying to scare us to death. Maybe you feel safe with this bunch of crooks, but I don't.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see their scare tactics have worked on you... I'm simply going to exercise my right to NOT vote. I've lost faith in our political leadership, both parties.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see their scare tactics have worked on you... I'm simply going to exercise my right to NOT vote. I've lost faith in our political leadership, both parties.

[/ QUOTE ]

What you all may call "scare tactics" I call "harsh reality". Harsh reality is that there are millions of people in the world who have been brought up to hate America and anything we stand for. Harsh reality is that if you ever met any one of these people face to face then they would happily kill you. Harsh reality is that they would love to destroy our entire country. Harsh reality is that these people want what they can't have: Our freedom. Above all, harsh reality is that America is/was just as vulnerable as anyone else to any danger posed by an outside threat. I know several people who are overseas fighting this war and they will tell you that it isn't a joke. The "scare tactics" have worked on me, I guess, but these "scare tactics" just happen to be "harsh reality."

That is completely fine if you exercise your right not to vote. Just be aware that for the next 4 to 8 years you will have no say in who governs you...

[ QUOTE ]

I've heard all the rhetoric before....if you don't vote, you don't have a voice. I've voted every time before and my voice was never heard.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the reason I don't vote and don't give me this BS about the men who have fought and died so I could have the right to vote because they also fought and died for me not to vote and to use "MY" vote as I see fit, and the way I feel about it none of the numbnuts that are running for office of the POTUS do not deserve "MY" precious vote.