Richland's Field

Bulldogs52

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Drove by today and there coming along pretty well noticed that they have the play clocks in, they weren't there last week and to me it looks like there ready for the carpet to come in.. It's gonna make that stadium one of the best in the area, if they would just put more visitor seats in.. Can't wait too see the final stage....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

would be nice if you could actually get visitors stands that you could see the whole field...aka higher up...not just at Richlands but everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard an interesting story the other day. Back in the mid-70's when EHS was being built, the budget allowed for matching home and visitors stands AND locker rooms... but unfortunately the Tazewell athletic department was "operating in the red" at the time so the county reappropriated part of the EHS funds to them and the stadium had to be built as it is now. I mentioned this to a newspaper friend of mine and he confirmed the story. So GMan, don't blame Richlands for your lousy seat... Blame Tazewell grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tazewell sucks..........

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Drove by today and there coming along pretty well noticed that they have the play clocks in, they weren't there last week and to me it looks like there ready for the carpet to come in.. It's gonna make that stadium one of the best in the area, if they would just put more visitor seats in.. Can't wait too see the final stage....

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

would be nice if you could actually get visitors stands that you could see the whole field...aka higher up...not just at Richlands but everywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard an interesting story the other day. Back in the mid-70's when EHS was being built, the budget allowed for matching home and visitors stands AND locker rooms... but unfortunately the Tazewell athletic department was "operating in the red" at the time so the county reappropriated part of the EHS funds to them and the stadium had to be built as it is now. I mentioned this to a newspaper friend of mine and he confirmed the story. So GMan, don't blame Richlands for your lousy seat... Blame Tazewell grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Tazewell sucks..........

[/ QUOTE ]

And you swallow!!!

[ QUOTE ]

How's it going BigD..nice to see you around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I echo that Big D.....hope you visit again.

Also, the return of Observer was nice to see and read.

I even miss (can't remember exactly what his name was)....Mountaineer/Schmidtt???? He kept getting banned and would just return under another name, but some of his "stuff" was not that bad. He just wanted to post.

Also, enjoyed Mavs Rock (?) posts about his team ....and others that haven't been posting as much lately. Even enjoyed the Grundy kids on here....they believe in themselves even though they've had dwindling numbers.

Where's the Beaver kids w/it getting so close to the start of the season. What kind team are you gonna have?

I'm hoping the kids from Graham and other SWD teams will start their bantering (in a friendly (non-offensive )competitive way)soon.

Enjoy seeing Zack post about Salem and the teams from that area.

Hope the upcoming football season (high school and college) gets everyone back to posting. You especially learn more about the high school teams (behind the scenes, etc.) in a venue as this.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

How's it going BigD..nice to see you around.

[/ QUOTE ]

I echo that Big D.....hope you visit again.

Also, the return of Observer was nice to see and read.

I even miss (can't remember exactly what his name was)....Mountaineer/Schmidtt???? He kept getting banned and would just return under another name, but some of his "stuff" was not that bad. He just wanted to post.

Also, enjoyed Mavs Rock (?) posts about his team ....and others that haven't been posting as much lately. Even enjoyed the Grundy kids on here....they believe in themselves even though they've had dwindling numbers.

Where's the Beaver kids w/it getting so close to the start of the season. What kind team are you gonna have?

I'm hoping the kids from Graham and other SWD teams will start their bantering (in a friendly (non-offensive )competitive way)soon.

Enjoy seeing Zack post about Salem and the teams from that area.

Hope the upcoming football season (high school and college) gets everyone back to posting. You especially learn more about the high school teams (behind the scenes, etc.) in a venue as this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, alot of people take a break in the off-season. I would also like to add that it nice to see BLU back posting.