Golf

I hated going to Willowbrook when I coached...Abingdon will EASILY win the SWD with Graham and Richlands a distant 2nd/3rd, Carroll Co. will finish #4, Marion #5, Tazewell #6, and Grundy #7...

[ QUOTE ]

I hated going to Willowbrook when I coached...Abingdon will EASILY win the SWD with Graham and Richlands a distant 2nd/3rd, Carroll Co. will finish #4, Marion #5, Tazewell #6, and Grundy #7...

[/ QUOTE ]

Gman I didnt know you coached golf, thats pretty cool. I play on Grundy team but I don't start much where its just my first year playing. We have a decent team really but I dont know how were going to stack up with other team in the SWD.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gman I didnt know you coached golf, thats pretty cool. I play on Grundy team but I don't start much where its just my first year playing. We have a decent team really but I dont know how were going to stack up with other team in the SWD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I only coached one year, 2000. I had three freshmen, one soph, one junior, and one senior in my top six and we finished a close second to Carroll Co. that year and qualified for the Region tournament. My senior qualified for the State tournament...it was a good "going out" for him since the previous three years the team was TERRIBLE.

Grundy has never been known for golf. As a matter of fact, the best golfer I can remember from Grundy was a girl back in the early/mid 90s...Susan somthing, back when Judy Honaker coached the Grundy golf team. Just go out and do your best, set your own goals and let that be your victory if you achieve it...

Every SWD team was at Willabrook today. Grundy beat Tazewell, those two teams finish last. I think Abington finish first not for sure though. I heard there was a kid for them that shot a 71 or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Abingdon took 2nd at the Farmers & Miners Inv. in Jonesville, on Tuesday. Finished behind Tennessee High with a 308. THS won with a 306. Lucas Armstrong (Volunteer (TN)) edged Abingdon's Robert Stallard in a playoff for the individual title. Both shot a 73. Abingdon's Jordan Patrick finished 4th with a 75.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Abingdon won the tournament at Draper Valley the other day with 305...as I said, they will easily win the SWD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, they may win the district but not easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play golf for Grundy and have played in most of the matches, Abingdon will win the swd hands down.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Abingdon won the tournament at Draper Valley the other day with 305...as I said, they will easily win the SWD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree, they may win the district but not easily.

[/ QUOTE ]

I play golf for Grundy and have played in most of the matches, Abingdon will win the swd hands down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess we will just have to wait and see.