Olympics

vthokies4life

Well, I figured I might as well start a thread that's simply olympics. Please. Notice that it's 3:15 in the morning and I'm still watching NBC like it is 8 o'clock at night. This time difference is about to kill me.

But here's my thoughts so far:

1. Michael Phelps is awesome.

2. China pisses me off.

3. Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh are incredibly attractive.

4. I wish the French would say they are going to "smash" us more often.

That's just my thoughts. Let's get this thread going. After all, it only happens once every 4 years.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

3. Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh are incredibly attractive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Body-wise, yes. Facially, not really. To each their own though.

[/ QUOTE ]

What Rules is basically saying is he likes dudes...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, you forgot. To each their own. I really am in no position to comment on Walsh's face. I haven't stopped looking at her miles of legs yet. Hahaha. Maybe that was inappropriate. GMan, you be the judge.

Anyway, Phelps is 6 for 6 with world records in every event so far (if I'm wrong, tell me. I'm pretty sure but not positive about the WR comment and too lazy to do research right quick). He just qualified for the 100 fly, so his 16th and 17th race are coming up. The fly won't be a cake walk like other races have been. But I predict that if he wins the 100 fly, he will get his 8th gold medal, if simply by will. What an amazing athlete.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

First off, I agree with everything in the first post by vthokies4life...

secondly, i think he was 5 for 5 in WRs before tonights race which i missed...

I want to know what you all think about the Chad Johnson saying he knew people, as well as himself that were faster than Phelps...

After Alicia Sacamore struggled (to completely understate it) in the team event, the American gymnasts got a little bit of redemption. Nastia Liukin won a gold and Shawn Johnson won a silver. Great showing by the two of them.

Two more things (sorry, I keep interjecting my thoughts). If there is one person who I could give a hug to in this world, it would be Alicia Sacamore. All of us know what it feels like to not perform at our highest level possible, but I can't imagine what it feels like to not perform at the highest level possible in the biggest moment. All of us know she can do better, she knows she can do better, but she doesn't get the chance to prove it. Poor girl.

The second thing, I want to be an athlete under Bela Karolyi. Alright, maybe I would have to be a female aged somewhere between 16 years and 21 years, but I think he would be the coolest coach ever. He doesn't shoot the $hit. He says what he wants, when he wants and knows and is passionate for what he teaches. What more could one want from a coach? Just my thoughts.

Crap. One more. I would be willing to bet my right leg that all these Chinese girls won't turn 16 by December 31st. Complete speculation, but reasonable.

Thoughts?

[ QUOTE ]

I want to know what you all think about the Chad Johnson saying he knew people, as well as himself that were faster than Phelps...

[/ QUOTE ]

Chad who....Cinco the 'blunder mouth'

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, I didn't hear about that. Was he being serious?

[ QUOTE ]

Alicia Sacamore

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, she is incredible HOT and not jail bait!! She has overtaken Shannon Miller as my favorite female gymnast.

0_21_sacramone_alicia.jpg

I love when the Olympics come around every couple of year whether it's the Summer or Winter games, I watch as much as I can. I love the prestige and competition for one of the most coveted prizes in all of sport in each event. I also love the broadcast of events that we don't get to see a lot of in this country such as archery, badminton, field hockey, water polo, & weight lifting among others.

I was dumbfounded by how deadly accurate the archers are from 80 yards out!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, I didn't hear about that. Was he being serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is he ever serious??? lol

why hug sacramone? she choked. flat out, no sugarcoating it. we have the two best gymnasts in the world in liukin and johnson, as evidenced by their performances last night. all they needed was any of their teammates to combine to be almost as good as they are. and, they couldn't. memmel did 2 bar routines on a broken ankle, the other blonde girl severely sprained hers, so that left sacramone, who just had to not mess up on 2 disciplines. she had her chance to etch her name alongside greatness and bobbled it away, giving us a performance that was far below mediocre. TWICE. no hug forthcoming here.

Phelps wins again... by .01 of a second. That's 7 of 8. Amazing performance by The Greatest Olympian of All Time.

Quick question. It's 4:15 in the morning and I'm watching table tennis... well, ping pong. Why is that an Olympic sport, while baseball and softball are being dropped for the 2012 Olympics? It's way beyond me.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I thought phelps was going to lose this race..He is a increadable swimmer...he burns 4,000 calories a day just by swimming..thats intense

[/ QUOTE ]

When does Phelps swim again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Should be here in a few min.

Dara was oh so close to gold. Great showing for the 41 year old though.