Marion is still pretty good?

vols4life

we are pretty quick,but our coach kinda shafted us 2 times in that game.he switched out our qbs.this caused two fumbles and 2 easy scores for chilhowie.we had them on the ropes early but then that happened.

we are pretty quick,but our coach kinda shafted us 2 times in that game.he switched out our qbs.this caused two fumbles and 2 easy scores for chilhowie.we had them on the ropes early but then that happened.

I don't recall two QB's for Marion? Not saying it didn't happen, I just don't remember seeing it. But really, the the turnovers were pretty even until Marion threw up that interception at the end. I'd say Marion's still pretty good, all excuses from that game aside, they could just have easily won it or at least tied it with some extra clock.

Turnovers happen, it's part of the game. They really hurt Marion on Friday. Marion did use two qb's. They'll probably continue to use a two qb system. I just don't think it worked out the way the coaches planned on friday. Chilhowie has a strong team again this year, it's getting to be a habit down there. Marion definitely has a LOT of potential.....Hopefully, they'll get everything squared away by the time the district starts. No offense to the SouthWest District, they are usually very strong, but I think Chilhowie could compete well in the SWD this year. I'd put them right in the middle of the pack...so, I like Marion's chances at making the playoffs again. The twin brothers that transferred from Richmond last year are good athletes, they need a little more discipline, but I think these guys could really help the team out. Plus, Hannah and Rakes are very good leaders on the team.

Turnovers happen, it's part of the game. They really hurt Marion on Friday. Marion did use two qb's. They'll probably continue to use a two qb system. I just don't think it worked out the way the coaches planned on friday. Chilhowie has a strong team again this year, it's getting to be a habit down there. Marion definitely has a LOT of potential.....Hopefully, they'll get everything squared away by the time the district starts. No offense to the SouthWest District, they are usually very strong, but I think Chilhowie could compete well in the SWD this year. I'd put them right in the middle of the pack...so, I like Marion's chances at making the playoffs again. The twin brothers that transferred from Richmond last year are good athletes, they need a little more discipline, but I think these guys could really help the team out. Plus, Hannah and Rakes are very good leaders on the team.

I agree with ya, I believe the Canes will be ok. We`ll see how they fare agiainst Northwood tomorrow night. If they are as good as we believe, they should lay a whipping on the Panthers.

they can beat nothwood by 40 points...they just need to keep the ball in the hands of 21 and 41 all night.

Dunno bout your opinion, but #41 is a lil wuss-man!!!! lol i think ya know who's sayin this! good game tonight CANES.....Let's get ready to lay a beatin on PH now!!

With the three TDs and 145 yards rushing by Hanna Marion continues to impress by there running game, passing game is still lacking they do not have a true qb Noe is really hurting by quiting last year, and Nelson is inexperianced but these are all things that can improve in time but the canes better hope they are fixed before Graham.Getting back to Hanna he couldnt do it without his line they are playing great right now. Marion will be fine as long as their seniors are leaders and the captians (Hanna, Nicely, and Briscoe) continue to play like captians

i went to the ph-abingdon game..from what i saw i can tell you ever move ph makes.they need to mix it up if they wanna beat us.but i think as a whole we are just to quick for them.we got alot of things going right,just gotta keep our heads in the game.i think the other kid who qbed for ph is a real good player..if they move ronnie and his bro to back and slot,we might have sum trouble.

With the three TDs and 145 yards rushing by Hanna Marion continues to impress by there running game, passing game is still lacking they do not have a true qb Noe is really hurting by quiting last year, and Nelson is inexperianced but these are all things that can improve in time but the canes better hope they are fixed before Graham.Getting back to Hanna he couldnt do it without his line they are playing great right now. Marion will be fine as long as their seniors are leaders and the captians (Hanna, Nicely, and Briscoe) continue to play like captians

Yes, Graham is improved 100% from last year. I think if we are to have a chance, then we MUST be able to run the ball (and the clock), that seems to be Graham's weakness. Graham actually defends the pass pretty well. With their HUGE DEFENSIVE line, it'll be hard to get past the line of scrimmage, but if they get past the line and are able to run into space, they'll be fine. The right side of Graham's defense has been the weakest thus far. Opposing teams have piled up yardage on that side. I think it's a weak-point for them. Christiansburg exploited that side of the defense and racked up over 400 yards (all rushing). However, Graham was able to stifle the pass attack and they actually have a pretty decent pass rush.

• 2 weeks later...

no disrespect to chilhowie but no the couldnt play in the swd

Why not? Chilhowie would already be 2-0. They may not win the SWD, but this season of all seasons, they could make a run. And no disrespect to the Canes, you couldn't win the Hogo.

never said we would but no u wouldnt be 2-0 in the swd better teams, bigger kids, faster kids its a lot different then u think