Congrats Abingdon

falconfansrock

Good job tonight Falcons on a hard fought game! Some of it was a little sloppier than I would have like to have seen, but great job none the less. Abingdon did a pretty good job at running the ball and on their passing. Abingdon now has a week off to get rested up and prepared for Richlands. (Which happens to be my 10 year class reunion, WIN that one for me!!!)

The Groves kid from PH is an awesome player. It seemed PH had a hard time tonight taking snaps from their center. I am not sure if it was the QB's fault or the centers'. They ran out of a shotgun all night I believe. Sometime right before halftime, the PH coach put in another QB in for a series, and he seemed to have the same problem. Groves went back in and finished the rest of the game other than maybe a series or so. He is a definitely a talented kid that seemed to keep his composure on the good plays and the bad.

Be safe all and God Bless.

EW

Good job tonight Falcons on a hard fought game! Some of it was a little sloppier than I would have like to have seen, but great job none the less. Abingdon did a pretty good job at running the ball and on their passing. Abingdon now has a week off to get rested up and prepared for Richlands. (Which happens to be my 10 year class reunion, WIN that one for me!!!)

The Groves kid from PH is an awesome player. It seemed PH had a hard time tonight taking snaps from their center. I am not sure if it was the QB's fault or the centers'. They ran out of a shotgun all night I believe. Sometime right before halftime, the PH coach put in another QB in for a series, and he seemed to have the same problem. Groves went back in and finished the rest of the game other than maybe a series or so. He is a definitely a talented kid that seemed to keep his composure on the good plays and the bad.

Be safe all and God Bless.

EW

Well Said

well,ph wasn't as explosive as i was told..i went and watched the game.they have sum great things going but ronnie needs to be a back not a qb..the other kid seems to read the field better.abingdon can pass if they have sum protection but guys i'm telling you i'm still skeptical about them.we will see..HOW BOUT THEM CANES

ph needs more explosive plays..get the qb under the center sum to..geez,i watched tenn a few yrs ago do the same thing.clausen drove me nuts that yr.lol..oh yeah..BLOCKING has always been a issue with me..if a high school team can block,they can go far.

From what I saw out of PH last night, I think I would put number 10 in at QB, put the Groves kid in at a slot and wear teams out all night by throwing the ball. After the D begins stopping that, put him in at a running back and let him do what he does, GET YARDS!

i agree..did any of you see what happened near the end of the game?i was leaving and a bunch of kids from abingdon were going to ph's side.cops and school officials were right behind them.i think alot of kids today need more direction.i hate to preach but just see alot of stupid things going on while i'm watchin any game.

Yeah, I saw them. It looked like a bunch of middle school punks. Of course I was sitting in the stands on the Abingdon side, it appeared to be middle school aged kids. I agree with you, there seem to be more "punks" now than there used to be. They will figure it out when they get a mud hole stomped in them one good time. I bet the will think twice about going to the visitor's side again. :-)

i agree..did any of you see what happened near the end of the game?i was leaving and a bunch of kids from abingdon were going to ph's side.cops and school officials were right behind them.i think alot of kids today need more direction.i hate to preach but just see alot of stupid things going on while i'm watchin any game.

Carroll County is the same way...end of the game or half time a few select rednecks have to come and start yelling a bunch of crap over on the visitors side...pretty low class....you see it everywhere though...Va High is another one. Sad that a few make the entire community look bad.

Ph did pretty good the first half they out played abingdon the first half but abingdon is a very good and well coached tem

PH was no where close to out playing abingdon at the first half! you should take a look at the stats! they had 2 lucky breaks that set them up inside the 10 yard line and they scored on those, other than that ph did nothing...

PH was no where close to out playing abingdon at the first half! you should take a look at the stats! they had 2 lucky breaks that set them up inside the 10 yard line and they scored on those, other than that ph did nothing...

Well they were ahead at the half so they must have done something.

WellI can tell you at half time, I was a bit concerned. Abingdon opted to recieve the first kickoff of the game, so when we were down at half time, and PH was getting the ball in the 3rd quarter,I was getting a little worried. But it all worked out.

Like I said before, the Groves kid is an awesome athelete and appears to have a good head on his shoulders unlike some the better than normal players out there, (players in general, I am not talking about any certain teams), that let it all go their head and think they have to act like a jerk every time they do something good. I never once saw that last night by any of the players on the PH or AHS side.

I have noticed the same thing happening at most high school football games you have this crowd of kids not even paying any attention to the game just wondering around looking to get something started, you have to wonder where there parents are? I also notice that most of the time you could probably use half of them on your football team. Direction that is what they are needing and maybe a few more "whoopins" wouldnt hurt eiether. Have you ever noticed how many are playing football behind the bleachers? Don't that just tick you off too?

Abingdon still does not impress me with there running game, #3 just doesnt run with his eyes hes to much east to west, he needs to rely on his speed and blocking to make big gains. Abingdon however still has a pretty good spread

ABingdon will take their lumps this year and some next yr too. They are a young team at several key postions. Give them sometime to get experence and see how they are doing. If they are getting better by end of yr then that says alot. As always the other teams in the SWD will also get better which will just be better games between all teams. Good luck to ALL teams in SWD.

Yeah Abingdon may have easily beaten PH, but Abingdon made A LOT of mistakes, and I was just not impressed. Abingdon was beating themselves in the first half.

I would hate to think about what would happen if PH was without Groves this year.

What makes you think the kid lacks heart? He transferred back to PH from a successful Texas program and still decided to come out for the team, even though they're expected to be horrible. What fundamentals does he lack? He has more talent and fundamentals than anyone else on PH, possibly combined.