interesting tid bit on Charlotte Country Day

Pirate1

Went to the NC preps site and asked about CCD. The folks there told me that they beat a South Carolina 4A team last year, Northwestern High.

When I looked up Northwestern on Maxpreps, I found out they had only lost two games last year, one to CCD 51-48, and the other one to the team that is currently the number 1 team in the country according to USA today Byrne (SC). They lost to Byrne 14-0.

I know this doesn't mean that much as far as this years game goes. Who knows how many returning players CCD has this year, but I did kind of feel like it spoke to the quality of program Bluefield is playing down there.

I admit, I'm a little concerned about this game...BUT...I also think it's a good test. One way to get better is to aim high, and play tough teams (if they do indeed wind up being tough). Even if we lose, perhaps it's a great learning experience (assuming nobody gets hurt).

I'd much rather play CCD than some WV single A team.

(edit) Just found something interesting...that is an expensive school. They graduated 116 kids last year, and tuition is $19,500. Yikes.

http://www.charlottecountryday.org/admissions/tuition.asp

Edited by BeaverHokie

They are a private school aren't they, and they have a way of putting more talent on the fields than public schools. They are expected to be better than '07 from what I read. Princeton 1st though, in my opinion they're gonna be a formidable challenge.