Floyd 28-13 over Patrick

trigger

Patrick is big with a big time back in John Harris. Harris was the FFE player of the week with 340 yards rushing against Carroll County. Floyd held him to 131 yards. PC has no passing game at all. PC was up 13-0 then FLoyd ran off 28 straight. It was a great game and I expect Patrick to finish 8-2 losing only to Bassett the rest of the way. Floyd however, has a tough game this week at GW.

You may very well be right with your prediction, but Patrick does have to play on the road at Martinsville this year...Martinsville's got a pretty solid group of starters this year. MHS came out as flat as ever, laid an absolute egg in Stuart last year, and still almost came out of there with the win.

Even though it's a home game, playing a team like William Byrd is never a gimme. And for that matter, Botetourt gave Hidden Valley all they wanted, so I'd be hesitant to chalk a game like that up as an easy W either.

John Harris is definitely a man amongst boys, but like you mentioned....if they can't pass the ball people will continue to load the box and key on the run.

You may very well be right with your prediction, but Patrick does have to play on the road at Martinsville this year...Martinsville's got a pretty solid group of starters this year. MHS came out as flat as ever, laid an absolute egg in Stuart last year, and still almost came out of there with the win.

Even though it's a home game, playing a team like William Byrd is never a gimme. And for that matter, Botetourt gave Hidden Valley all they wanted, so I'd be hesitant to chalk a game like that up as an easy W either.

John Harris is definitely a man amongst boys, but like you mentioned....if they can't pass the ball people will continue to load the box and key on the run.

Floyd County is no slouch either.....I expect them to win the TRD this year over Radford. GW will be a good test for the Buffaloes this coming week, but they'll be very hard to stop this year. Floyd's qb, Luke Harris could be the best in this area...with maybe the exception of Trey Gresh from Blacksburg. Harris is an imposing QB, he's a tough runner and executes extremely well.

no clue as to why you quoted me and then went on to talk about floyd county being no slouch. i made no mention of floyd. they beat a solid john harris led patrick county squad, so i'm sure they're a pretty good team.

just to make it easier for you to understand, my only point was that i think it was a bit presumptuous of trigger up above to say that patrick should be expected to only lose to bassett the rest of the year.

in fairness to trigger, though, that's his opinion and i can live with it.

Edited by mhsalum

Patrick is big with a big time back in John Harris. Harris was the FFE player of the week with 340 yards rushing against Carroll County. Floyd held him to 131 yards. PC has no passing game at all. PC was up 13-0 then FLoyd ran off 28 straight. It was a great game and I expect Patrick to finish 8-2 losing only to Bassett the rest of the way. Floyd however, has a tough game this week at GW.

GW is not that impressive. Penalty prone, no running game, not a great pass defense. Luke Harris and his cronies should roll 28-7 or so.

Marva High has a good shot at Patrick. I was simply stating how good I think they may be when things shake out. PC is 1 dimensional. Why they do not throw swing or screen passes to harris blows my mind. I have questioned the staff at patrick for a few years now. Anyway, PC has good overall speed. Floyd has a qb who many think may be the best ever at Floyd. He is that good. Hidden Valley has a good qb in Castro. WB should give them a game as well. I think that PC has 8-2 potential.

Marva High has a good shot at Patrick. I was simply stating how good I think they may be when things shake out. PC is 1 dimensional. Why they do not throw swing or screen passes to harris blows my mind. I have questioned the staff at patrick for a few years now. Anyway, PC has good overall speed. Floyd has a qb who many think may be the best ever at Floyd. He is that good. Hidden Valley has a good qb in Castro. WB should give them a game as well. I think that PC has 8-2 potential.

Better than Spence from 01? I may be biased because he beat us with all his awesomeness. Luke is great though, no doubt. He's easily the best in the region.

no clue as to why you quoted me and then went on to talk about floyd county being no slouch. i made no mention of floyd. they beat a solid john harris led patrick county squad, so i'm sure they're a pretty good team.

just to make it easier for you to understand, my only point was that i think it was a bit presumptuous of trigger up above to say that patrick should be expected to only lose to bassett the rest of the year.

in fairness to trigger, though, that's his opinion and i can live with it.

Probably because I meant to hit "reply" and accidentally hit "quote". I just wanted to point out that Floyd may be the best team Patrick plays this year, regardless of classification...

Better than Spence from 01? I may be biased because he beat us with all his awesomeness. Luke is great though, no doubt. He's easily the best in the region.

Spence was a rb...

I'd have to agree with the statement that Harris is possibly the best ever qb at Floyd...he's at least the best I've seen since I started watching the Buffs about 12 years ago...

Isaac Spence was a good qb but Harris is in another league. Just my opinion. Spence had a great team around him. Tremendous D that got them to the state title game. In 01' Floyd ran the I-formation running the ball alot. Since Luke Harris took over for Floyd, they run more shotgun spread than anything and there is an obvious reason for it. Personally. now this is just my opinion, he is the best Buffalo QB I have seen. I haven't seen many qb's in this entire area that I put ahead of him. He can really sling it and he may be the fastest player on the whole team. In 2 games he has thrown 5 tds ran for 3 and 0 INTs. He's a baller.

Spence was a rb...

I'd have to agree with the statement that Harris is possibly the best ever qb at Floyd...he's at least the best I've seen since I started watching the Buffs about 12 years ago...

Josh Spence was the hb in 99. There was a Spence at QB in 01 who was good but that team was just good all over the field which helped his cause greatly. I would take Isaac on any year except the last 2.