Will there be a new top team in the AFC?

Bulldogs52

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Karma.

Belicheck should have never played with the injury report system. Brady was on it every week for a lifetime.

Now look.

what a crazy week 1...Pats drop Brady for the year, Favre looks good in a Jets uniform, Chicago hands Indy it's tail, the Panthers drop the Chargers....Atlanta looks balanced and comfortable with Ryan and Turner...the Lions and Browns have already crushed the high hopes their fans had coming in to the season....Buffalo looks GREAT...Cowboys and Eagles look strong...man...you can't find this much drama on Springer!

Top 4 Teams coming in (in my opinon) were the Patriots, Colts, Jaguars and Chargers. Now with Brady gone can the Pats be dethroned. Colts didn't look spectacular. Jacksonville had no offense, only like 28 yards rushing from arguably the best RB duo in the league. And the Chargers lost in a heartbreaker. So I don't know what to think about this, I still believe that these four teams will be there in the end. My other two playoff teams would be the Steelers and the Titans after last week. So it looks like the same teams in the playoff again.

I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet, but my Bills sure did look very good yesterday. With Brady out the entire AFC, not just the AFC East, is up for grabs...

Cool, another Buffalo fan on here. I have pulled for Buffalo since I started watching the NFL. They looked pretty good yesterday, I hope they keep it up.

Cool, another Buffalo fan on here. I have pulled for Buffalo since I started watching the NFL. They looked pretty good yesterday, I hope they keep it up.

Yes, they did. However, I've been a Buffalo fan long enough to know that a single game doesn't mean much in a 16-game season. I will admit though, yesterday's performance did increase my hopes for this season. If they can stay healthy, especially defensively, they definitely have a shot at the division and playoffs.

Top 4 Teams coming in (in my opinon) were the Patriots, Colts, Jaguars and Chargers. Now with Brady gone can the Pats be dethroned. Colts didn't look spectacular. Jacksonville had no offense, only like 28 yards rushing from arguably the best RB duo in the league. And the Chargers lost in a heartbreaker. So I don't know what to think about this, I still believe that these four teams will be there in the end. My other two playoff teams would be the Steelers and the Titans after last week. So it looks like the same teams in the playoff again.

1) Eagles 2) Steelers 3) Cowboys 4) Bears 5) Bills

Based on what I saw yesterday............

1) Eagles 2) Steelers 3) Cowboys 4) Bears 5) Bills

Based on what I saw yesterday............

It's one week, you cannot base much on a single week of the NFL season. The Eagles played a St. Louis team that looked like a junior high team, especially in the defensive secondary and offensive line. The Steelers played Houston, enough said. The Cowboys trounced a Cleveland team without a defense and with several key offensive players out injuried. The Bears were definitely impressive against the Colts. And the Bills beat a Seattle team who the jury is still out on in terms of how good they are. There were a number of surprises along the way, which will make for an interesting season.

I don't spend a lot of time breaking down NFL teams, but with players changing teams so much, injuries, coaching changes, schemes, general managers, players playing when they want to, ect., I'm a believer that there is little difference in talent level between teams in the NFL. Only like 5% of college players go on to play in the NFL and they have to have some kind of exceptional talent level to play no matter which team their on. A win in the first week can do a lot for confidence though.

That's just the way I feel.

I don't spend a lot of time breaking down NFL teams, but with players changing teams so much, injuries, coaching changes, schemes, general managers, players playing when they want to, ect., I'm a believer that there is little difference in talent level between teams in the NFL. Only like 5% of college players go on to play in the NFL and they have to have some kind of exceptional talent level to play no matter which team their on. A win in the first week can do a lot for confidence though.

That's just the way I feel.

I generally agree with you. However, I watched the Philly/STL game yesterday and STL was horrible in all aspects of the game. The talent level wasn't close; I thought I was watching the Eagles scrimmage a lower level college team. With that said though, there is no doubt that McNabb and Philly looked good, but we'll see what they do in the NFC East.

Wait, why is New England de-throned? Matt Cassel went 13-18 in three quarters with a t.d. pass. Moss, as we saw yesterday, seems to trust Cassel. Let's just see if he can get Welker and the others involved. Don't completely count the Pats out, at least not out of the AFC.

Wait, why is New England de-throned? Matt Cassel went 13-18 in three quarters with a t.d. pass. Moss, as we saw yesterday, seems to trust Cassel. Let's just see if he can get Welker and the others involved. Don't completely count the Pats out, at least not out of the AFC.

I said can they? They might, but I think I could QB with those receivers...lol

Based on Week 1 only, Pittsburgh appears to be the strongest team in the AFC. People shouldn't sleep on NE though. They're definitely not the favorite now but they have a stout defense, the best coaching in the NFL, and they're very deep at RB. If Matt Cassel can play within in the system and not make many mistakes, I wouldn't be surprised if NE made a deep run in the playoffs.

Guest JJBrickface

I am also a Buffalo Bills fan. After watching the team in pre season and last week it looks as if the play calling has really improved. Last year the Bills defense was plagued by injuries and their backups got valuable playing time. This year they are young, but very talented and deep. If they can improve game by game and win the close ones then the rest of the NFL better watch out.

i dont wanna get my hopes up too soon but my titans arent lookin bad with ol kerry at qb lol.. if he can jus keep that up until vince young is healthy physically and especially MENTALLY.. but the rookie rb johnson out of ecu is lookin very good..taken the starting spot from lendale white,,i think its a pretty good combination if you have johnson taking most of the snaps at rb til you get inside the 10 then let lendale pound it on in, but with a strong defense and a few key off season acquisitions (no blockbusters im aware lol) dont overlook the titans they may surprise a few ppl