Great Job Richlands

falconfansrock

I wanted to be the first to congratulate these guys. Richlands from the start played with intensity and it never let up. From the first kick off to the final buzzer, these guys played like it was the Super Bowl and it worked. The Richlands fans pretty much cancelled out the home field advantage too. These guys apparently have just had a couple of bad games in the beginning because what I saw tonight does not reflect their record. Abingdon could not get anything going, played flat and just let me down. :( Great game Richlands! These guys have speed, strength, and more speed.

No excuses from me, when we lose, I will be the first to congratulate on a well played game. We were beaten by speed, strength, stamina, and so on. We just got "plain ol" out played. Good luck next week Abingdon against Tazewell.

I wanted to be the first to congratulate these guys. Richlands from the start played with intensity and it never let up. From the first kick off to the final buzzer, these guys played like it was the Super Bowl and it worked. The Richlands fans pretty much cancelled out the home field advantage too. These guys apparently have just had a couple of bad games in the beginning because what I saw tonight does not reflect their record. Abingdon could not get anything going, played flat and just let me down. :( Great game Richlands! These guys have speed, strength, and more speed.

No excuses from me, when we lose, I will be the first to congratulate on a well played game. We were beaten by speed, strength, stamina, and so on. We just got "plain ol" out played. Good luck next week Abingdon against Tazewell.

Oh that win alone was good enough for at least 3,000 Richlands fans to jump right back on the bandwagon again.......

Richlands has some issues....they looked pretty good over all...but the QB situation...the guy was throwing high all night...once he settles down a bit he's going to make a really good QB...he must have taken some good shots or something the first few games. Richlands has a smaller team this year than in the past, but man they love to hit...good bunch of kids they have there.

Thats because there are only like two juniors left alot of them have quit. So basically you are looking at alot of Freshman and Sophmores.

Alot of juniors have quit - think again they had about 4 or 5 when practice started back in August. The plus w/ the lack of juniors is that alot of fresh. / soph. are getting playing time. The negative is the lack of experience but the younger guys are starting to step up.

Alot of juniors have quit - think again they had about 4 or 5 when practice started back in August. The plus w/ the lack of juniors is that alot of fresh. / soph. are getting playing time. The negative is the lack of experience but the younger guys are starting to step up.

nice pic by cody thomas for the td,quality minutes on the d-line too. big difference was the o-line, the changes there really clicked

Edited by billyblue

why did they only have 4-5 juniors come out didn't they have alot of sophmores last year. You know that politics can ruin a football team i'm not trying to make assumptions of politics but I think thats alot of it.

Edited by bigdogfan2

i have to say i was shocked tonight on how good richlands did, they didnt have any turnovers and we got some good key plays on defense so i have to say great job guys and just practice hard this week and focus on them gmen cause there no joke either. Abingdon i believe was a little shocked and so was some Richlands fans lol, but overall great job to both teams.

i have to say i was shocked tonight on how good richlands did, they didnt have any turnovers and we got some good key plays on defense so i have to say great job guys and just practice hard this week and focus on them gmen cause there no joke either. Abingdon i believe was a little shocked and so was some Richlands fans lol, but overall great job to both teams.

i wasn't shocked by this game it was the previous 3 that shocked me

why did they only have 4-5 juniors come out didn't they have alot of sophmores last year. You know that politics can ruin a football team i'm not trying to make assumptions of politics but I think thats alot of it.

don't think politics has anything to do with it. i think it's a case of the junior class having a little sorry A** in them. The junior class is probably the worst that has ever come thru!

Congrats to the Blues--glad to see you with the W tonight. Was a good turn out of fans there--maybe more fans than Abingdon had and we were "loud and proud" cheering our Blues.

Richlands had more fans than abingdon??

I bet that means not many Falcon fans will travel to Tazewell next week......

don't think politics has anything to do with it. i think it's a case of the junior class having a little sorry A** in them. The junior class is probably the worst that has ever come thru!

Probably more about just not having the numbers of true players, happens to everybody. On the bright side, 10, 9 have some good numbers and should have some major experince after this year.

Some of them freshman linemen are going to be monsters.

Edited by thundercloud

Richlands had more fans than abingdon??

I bet that means not many Falcon fans will travel to Tazewell next week......

richlands definitely did not have more fans there, where is this coming from? but good game played lastnight! richlands had some good turnovers that set them up good for touchdowns... abingdon played sloppy, werent tackling like the should've been.. i was disappointed, but the did well on offense! the game was closer and fought harder than the score indicated! great job for both teams lastnight!!

richlands definitely did not have more fans there, where is this coming from? but good game played lastnight! richlands had some good turnovers that set them up good for touchdowns... abingdon played sloppy, werent tackling like the should've been.. i was disappointed, but the did well on offense! the game was closer and fought harder than the score indicated! great job for both teams lastnight!!

abingdon had a good showing of support. richlands crowd was down but loud and into the game. the int return was pivotal and i thought we got pass happy in the 3rd quarter as the run game seemed to be there all night

Abingdon had a LOT of people there...Richlands had a great showing, but not anywhere near what Abingdon had for sure....which is to be expected as it's a road game...I was impressed with the Richlands turn out though....I stood/sat over on the Richlands side myself because the Abingdon side was full...nothing against the Richlands crowd, we just ended up parking in the school reserved lot so it was just closer and my bionic knee doesn't like the visitors hill...lol...but ended up making the hike anyway because as I said it was full on Abingdon's side.

Not to start a debate, but from where I sat on the Richlands 45 yd line, Abingdon's stands didn't look full. I saw a lot of empty spots on their side and quite frankly, was a little surprised since they hadn't lost a game. Enough about that, I really liked the way the Abingdon players entered the stadium coming down through the stands with the music playing--that was neat!! Great way to get the fans rocking.

Not to start a debate, but from where I sat on the Richlands 45 yd line, Abingdon's stands didn't look full. I saw a lot of empty spots on their side and quite frankly, was a little surprised since they hadn't lost a game. Enough about that, I really liked the way the Abingdon players entered the stadium coming down through the stands with the music playing--that was neat!! Great way to get the fans rocking.

I don't care for the whole "Sandman" thing...if it was something original maybe...Sandman is just played out at this point...makes it kinda lame. the only empty section i saw was the reserved area on the end at the top...plus there were a lot of people on the hill...the band sits in the middle, so that is a huge section that is empty when they are on the field or whatever...plus you have to remember it's the whine & cheese crowd...they don't support the football team like they should...which is a shame...but true.