Richlands vs Graham

wvuraiders

Guess you "Caught" the wrong news.....If I was a player, I wouldn't want him on my team.

You are right! That even came from what I thought was a very reliable source.

I overspoke, should have waited to see what actually happened. Lesson learned.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody called it, I think it was Lance. He said that if Richlands was to correct a couple of things they would put up some big numbers. Way to go Blues and the coachs.

yeah...the problem with Richlands at first was putting the ball on the ground...I said "a good coach can fix that" and everyone laughed...well they fixed it.

Then after watching the Abingdon game in person, I figured out a few things about both teams...for Richlands the weak point I saw was the QB...with that said...the kid is good, don't get me wrong...I wasn't saying anything bad about him at all...it just looked to me that he was not comfortable back there...he was throwing every pass high, I didn't see an under thrown pass all night (other than maybe where he was just getting rid of it - those don't count)...when you see that at this level it tells you the kid is a little to excited and just needs to calm down...that comes with practice and time...once that comes together, Richlands becomes very dangerous....I still think they have some work to do in this area but it's getting better fast...if everyone stays healthy they are going to be hard to beat from here on out.

This week is a big game...I figure the kid will come out excited (who wouldn't)...and depending on how long it takes to get settled in, could be the difference in the game...if I were Richlands and won the toss...I'd be tempted to put the defense on the field first and give the young QB some time to get a few plays in to the game before he has to get on the field...plus Tazewell is a 2nd half team...I'd like to have the ball first in the 2nd half if I'm Richlands. If I were Tazewell, I'd try to rattle his cage early and as often as possible. Should be a great game :)

Graham seems to me to be a team that is still trying to find it's identity...a lot of changes going on, players coming and going, termoil...but, they have played some very good and strong teams...and play another good one this week...I think this is the week you will see someone wake up the sleeping giant...might be wrong, Gretna may be up by 35 at the half...but I just have a feeling about this one.

yeah...the problem with Richlands at first was putting the ball on the ground...I said "a good coach can fix that" and everyone laughed...well they fixed it.

Then after watching the Abingdon game in person, I figured out a few things about both teams...for Richlands the weak point I saw was the QB...with that said...the kid is good, don't get me wrong...I wasn't saying anything bad about him at all...it just looked to me that he was not comfortable back there...he was throwing every pass high, I didn't see an under thrown pass all night (other than maybe where he was just getting rid of it - those don't count)...when you see that at this level it tells you the kid is a little to excited and just needs to calm down...that comes with practice and time...once that comes together, Richlands becomes very dangerous....I still think they have some work to do in this area but it's getting better fast...if everyone stays healthy they are going to be hard to beat from here on out.

This week is a big game...I figure the kid will come out excited (who wouldn't)...and depending on how long it takes to get settled in, could be the difference in the game...if I were Richlands and won the toss...I'd be tempted to put the defense on the field first and give the young QB some time to get a few plays in to the game before he has to get on the field...plus Tazewell is a 2nd half team...I'd like to have the ball first in the 2nd half if I'm Richlands. If I were Tazewell, I'd try to rattle his cage early and as often as possible. Should be a great game :)

Graham seems to me to be a team that is still trying to find it's identity...a lot of changes going on, players coming and going, termoil...but, they have played some very good and strong teams...and play another good one this week...I think this is the week you will see someone wake up the sleeping giant...might be wrong, Gretna may be up by 35 at the half...but I just have a feeling about this one.

Looks like Richlands is cursed at home because every game they have played at home at E-mat field has been rough. Could be since all the new changes.

We beat honaker soundly that was the 2nd game of the season and we made a couple of mistakes but overall decent on that night and the PV game everything went wrong we could have played in grundy and it would have been the same score feild had nothing to do with it.

I thought Honaker came out strong against the blues and if they had more depth they could have hung with Richlands. But they play both sides of the ball and got tired I didn't really see them smoking until Honaker lost steam. It's the curse of the new field lol.