Bluefields new basketball coach will be?

the_truth

JIB had had several bad seasons before Buster took over the head coaching job. He did turn them around and get them in the playoffs in short order.

I'm pretty sure it was his first year there JIB went to the playoffs. Seems to me it was the '94 season.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever watched the middle school's football team?

Not lately, but he was an assistant coach under Randy Barnett when I was at BJHS and they didn't lose more then one game a year for several years in a row. He then moved up to the high school staff for a few years and one of those was an 0-10 in '93 under Freddy. Then, onto JIB when he led them to the playoffs his first year. He has also been an assistant on the boys basketball teams at both the high school and jr. high/middle school. He's been coaching around the area for 20 years.

I like to know exactly what it is that people don't like about Buster for the job. Fundamentals? People skills? What?

This is getting out of hand. Malamachi says he will remain the girls coach, apparently leaving the head coaching position between Large and who knows who else. If large gets it and Hubbard is asst. coach, God help Bluefield basketball.

I think its funny how some people are doubting his coaching abilities so much...I only played one year for him, but I can tell you he has the strengths and smartness to get bluefield basketball back on track...

Btw, doesn't Buster have a Virginia football championship ring under his belt? I was thinking he was head coach, but he might have been assistant..I could be wrong about it all though..

when i heard the news i figured the bluefield faithful would light up......i know both buster and hubbard............i think overall neither are highly respected in bluefield, or as coaches..personally i like hubbard as a person, i used to like buster till he showed me how childish he is.....he was wrong and is still wrong for the way he has been toward me the last few times we have seen each other......but its ok......because he is not a person i could ever respect again anyway.........i think the key to success is buster learns how to focus on fundamentals and control his need for doing off the wall things......i have always said..coaches get too much blame for losing and buster will do fine if he somehow learns to become a student of the game and study and think through deciscions without trying do too much, " its not what you do, its how you do it".

I don't know why everyone is freaking out about this. All Buster Large has to do is win a weak section and make it to Charleston and lose. He can do exactly what everyone else has been doing...