Is bluefield Back?

bhs71

I don't think Bluefield ever went anywhere. They were 2 football plays away from being 5-1, but because of inexperience are 3-3. If the young offensive and defensive lines can continue to gel throughout the season and improve as they have in the past few games they should be in good shape come playoff time. The most important thing for them to do is stay focused. The Beavers have worked this hard to get where they are now, but still one minor slip up this week in Welch, vs. Scott, and/or James Monroe and they will be watching the playoffs from the stands.

I've said it earlier in the season: Bluefield has the talent to compete for Championship #10 if they can continue to right the ship before the playoffs.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I know what your getting at truth, and while I cant answer the question, from people like PioneerPA on tristatepreps, Bluefield is tied for 16th with the points.

Hope that helps a little...

GMAN you probably know is Richlands the same as beating a Double A from WV?

Yes. Bluefield received a total of 13 points from Richlands. Nine for them being considered "AA" in WV and four bonus points for four of their victories against "AA" opponents.

Bluefield had a slow start at 0-3, but are now 3-3. I believe bluefield is back.

I have a question. Does anybody know who Graham's JV plays tomorrow? Bluefield has them scheduled for tomorrow at 6, but I heard today that Graham plays at Tazewell tomorrow. I appreciate any help. Due to inexperience, could not figure out how to start a new thread, still learning the process. Thanks.

Experience has helped. It seems as if all the stupid mistakes that had been occuring in the first three games have now disappeared. As for the rest of Bluefield's season...

@ Mount View: The only problem I see is being AT Mount View and this being their super bowl. We all know that they will play harder in this game than any other..and if the officials happen to be from McDowell County they will do their best to help their boys. On paper, Bluefield wins HUGE, but we know how unpredictable it can be down there.

Neutral with Scott: Scott lost their all everything in Jordan Roberts and havent really done much this year. They do have a linebacker/defensive lineman who returns from last year's squad who gave Mike Miller all he could handle in the two games last season, so he and their other returning player who got significant time last year could pose a threat. However, I see Bluefield winning this one easily as well.

@ James Monroe: Emotion will play a giant role in this game. James Monroe will want revenge, but their struggling offense and lack of defensive athletes to match will Bluefield's will hurt them. Bluefield wins, but by a margin less than 14.

vs. South Charleston: By far the toughest game for the remainder of the season. From what I know, SC seems to mirror Bluefield; not too big up front but having speed at positions other than skill. Senior night for the Beavers will be tough, along with the possibility of this deciding a playoff berth, but if they play the way they have been, they should be fine. I look forward to a shootout.

Experience has helped. It seems as if all the stupid mistakes that had been occuring in the first three games have now disappeared. As for the rest of Bluefield's season...

@ Mount View: The only problem I see is being AT Mount View and this being their super bowl. We all know that they will play harder in this game than any other..and if the officials happen to be from McDowell County they will do their best to help their boys. On paper, Bluefield wins HUGE, but we know how unpredictable it can be down there.

Neutral with Scott: Scott lost their all everything in Jordan Roberts and havent really done much this year. They do have a linebacker/defensive lineman who returns from last year's squad who gave Mike Miller all he could handle in the two games last season, so he and their other returning player who got significant time last year could pose a threat. However, I see Bluefield winning this one easily as well.

@ James Monroe: Emotion will play a giant role in this game. James Monroe will want revenge, but their struggling offense and lack of defensive athletes to match will Bluefield's will hurt them. Bluefield wins, but by a margin less than 14.

vs. South Charleston: By far the toughest game for the remainder of the season. From what I know, SC seems to mirror Bluefield; not too big up front but having speed at positions other than skill. Senior night for the Beavers will be tough, along with the possibility of this deciding a playoff berth, but if they play the way they have been, they should be fine. I look forward to a shootout.

not to burst your bubble money, but I have seen both SC and Bluefield play....SC is a legit team and of course you know that....their line is very good unlike SC teams in the past...although I think Bluefield can match up with them pretty decent, there is just to much speed on the field and thats saying alot when your playing a Blufield team that has a ton of it......SC can power you or they can outrun you......I watched the game this past weekend and I know that the Beavers are playing well...it will be interesting to see....I see them having no problems until that game.....even at 6-4...the beavers will contend and in my mind win another state title

lilly in my opinion was the strength of the team in this game, all the players played very well, it was a team effort but he sort of really set the tone of the game on d and with a really strong game on o physically. He's actually a fb though not really an rb, but then in a shotgun o maybe he is considered an rb.

not to burst your bubble money, but I have seen both SC and Bluefield play....SC is a legit team and of course you know that....their line is very good unlike SC teams in the past...although I think Bluefield can match up with them pretty decent, there is just to much speed on the field and thats saying alot when your playing a Blufield team that has a ton of it......SC can power you or they can outrun you......I watched the game this past weekend and I know that the Beavers are playing well...it will be interesting to see....I see them having no problems until that game.....even at 6-4...the beavers will contend and in my mind win another state title

I expect sc to be a heck of a team that will be a tall order for bluefield, but bluefield is becoming a much better team as the season goes on and who knows how a pass 1st o effects other teams even with athletes. For years bluefield had athletes more so than the teams that passed against them, but pass d was their weakness. They simply never really needed it, few high schools really do since they don't face legit passing teams often. Case and point the liberty harrison team's that were not at all as athletic as bluefield but still put up lots of points against exceptionally strong bluefield d s,500 yards passing and almost 40 points in 1 game if I recal, with an o style that is very common to bluefield's this season. Of course bluefield outscored them and gained 600 some yards. The bluefield sc game could be a shootout, but then perhaps sc plays exceptional pass d, who knows.

Historically unless I'm incorrect, it should be the 1st time the 2 teams have played since the aaa title game in '75, played at mitchell stadium in which bluefield defeated the black eagles 21 - 7, to the surprise of some. There was also a beckett playing in that game at qb for bluefield.

It's bestbluefield prepare for mount view only, and then scott and the mavericks before even thinking about sc.

lilly in my opinion was the strength of the team in this game, all the players played very well, it was a team effort but he sort of really set the tone of the game on d and with a really strong game on o physically. He's actually a fb though not really an rb, but then in a shotgun o maybe he is considered an rb.

I expect sc to be a heck of a team that will be a tall order for bluefield, but bluefield is becoming a much better team as the season goes on and who knows how a pass 1st o effects other teams even with athletes. For years bluefield had athletes more so than the teams that passed against them, but pass d was their weakness. They simply never really needed it, few high schools really do since they don't face legit passing teams often. Case and point the liberty harrison team's that were not at all as athletic as bluefield but still put up lots of points against exceptionally strong bluefield d s,500 yards passing and almost 40 points in 1 game if I recal, with an o style that is very common to bluefield's this season. Of course bluefield outscored them and gained 600 some yards. The bluefield sc game could be a shootout, but then perhaps sc plays exceptional pass d, who knows.

Historically unless I'm incorrect, it should be the 1st time the 2 teams have played since the aaa title game in '75, played at mitchell stadium in which bluefield defeated the black eagles 21 - 7, to the surprise of some. There was also a beckett playing in that game at qb for bluefield.

It's bestbluefield prepare for mount view only, and then scott and the mavericks before even thinking about sc.

Two of my sisters are S.C. grads from the 70's and they both still say to this day that Bluefield cheated in that '75 championship game! lol

I never said SC wasn't a legit team. I said that they will be the toughest test for the remainder of the season, as they seem to mirror Bluefield in a lot of aspects, including speed. You are not bursting any bubbles, haha.

To comment about Jake Lilly, he is a monster. The kid is close to, if not already having acheived, the career tackles record at Bluefield High School, as a junior. He has done very, very well this season, and I love the kind of thunder/lightning aspect of offense with Lilly and Patterson. Lilly and his tough hits on both sides of the ball are great. I've loved watching him play ball the last three years.