any thoughts on who will be good this year?

atmtaz18

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanna thinks he's the best player at every sport he plays when he truly sucks dick...all he does is boast about himself and try to say he's the shit but when really he isn't shit...and abingdon will dominate marion in soccer this year

well everybody knows where i'm from so my heart is saying tazewell but mind is saying abingdon and I'll tell you why, I played against neil henry and don't get me wrong cause he was a hell of a player but i was not intimidated by him. I thought their right wing was just as good as he was. So this is my listing

1. Abingdon - they play all year long, have team chemistry, and always has talent

2. Marion - once again they have talent and a crapload of seniors returning who would want to leave number one but a powerful abingdon team i think will best them in the end.

3. Carrol- they always have a great team and play physical and hard.

4. is a toss up between Tazewell and Graham but i am from tazewell so they get the edge. Tazewell- they have many holes to fill with me leaving at gk and 2/3 defenders leaving, 2/4 midfielders leaving. The good news is that i have played with the jv goalie and although i would like him to be more physical, he is fundamentally sound and should step in nicely. Tazewell also will have two odp's in the lineup which helps them out alot.

5. Graham- they have alot of heart and i love what coach furry is doin but with the competition at its highest level i see many hard fought losses.

6. Richlands- still a new program learning the ropes just not enough talent to compete yet.

7. Grundy- i should'nt even be mentioning them after the dirty move they did last year but if they indeed compete then i see them losin every game putting them in last.

If you look at the all distict team from last year you'd see that Abingdon filled most the entire first and second team. There's no way you can say Abingdon will not win just because Neil has graduated. Abingdon will dominate.

Let's be honest, all that matters with the SWD is who gets to be killed by the River Ridge in regionals. It was not even close last year. The worst thing to happen to Region IV is that the River Ridge was moved into it. They have pretty much dominated every sport in the region....

boys basketball - Hidden Valley and Blacksburg

golf - Blacksburg

boys soccer - Blacksburg and Hidden Valley

girls soccer - Cave Spring and Hidden Valley

wrestling - Christiansburg

football - Pulaski

girls basketball - Hidden Valley

volleyball - Salem and Hidden Valley

girls tennis - Hidden Valley

boys tennis - Salem

Let's be honest, all that matters with the SWD is who gets to be killed by the River Ridge in regionals. It was not even close last year. The worst thing to happen to Region IV is that the River Ridge was moved into it. They have pretty much dominated every sport in the region....

golf - Blacksburg

football - Pulaski

boys tennis - Salem

The river ridge has very large enrollment also. Most teams in it should be AAA.

golf - Blacksburg

football - Pulaski

boys tennis - Salem

Maybe the SWD should just quit letting their schools play sports altogether.

No they shouldn't. I think you meant to say most schools in the SWD should be A.

i think you need to re-read his post..he wasnt talking about SWD schools..he was talking about the River Ridge

Ummm, no...__________________ hit the nail on the head. The problem isn't that the River Ridge has schools that should be playing in AAA, the all have AA enrollments in accordance with the VHSL's R&R guidelines. The problem is that most of the SWD schools have Class A numbers and they attempt to "play up" against schools with enrollments 2x-3X as large and end up getting the $hit kicked out of them in the playoffs.

he "administrators" of these schools are the ones to blame for the problem...they can't swallow their pride and do what is in the best interest of the kids...playing in Class A is "beneath" them...

THAT, my friend, is the hard truth that most SWD fans don't want to hear...

Ummm, no...__________________ hit the nail on the head. The problem isn't that the River Ridge has schools that should be playing in AAA, the all have AA enrollments in accordance with the VHSL's R&R guidelines. The problem is that most of the SWD schools have Class A numbers and they attempt to "play up" against schools with enrollments 2x-3X as large and end up getting the $hit kicked out of them in the playoffs.

he "administrators" of these schools are the ones to blame for the problem...they can't swallow their pride and do what is in the best interest of the kids...playing in Class A is "beneath" them...

THAT, my friend, is the hard truth that most SWD fans don't want to hear...

I agree...the SWD should've dropped down in classification a long, long time ago....the single A schools in the region would provide solid competition....Honestly, I don't know what in the heck the Principals and A.D.'s at these schools have been thinking....If the VHSL's new proposal goes through, we may not have to worry about it anymore, anyway.

The river ridge has very large enrollment also. Most teams in it should be AAA.

Maybe you should check again. Ther eis only one school who is close to AAA enrollment and that is Pulaski. All the others are not even close to AAA numbers.

• 3 weeks later...