Texas or Alabama???

beano5

Anyone out there still doubt that Texas is better than Bama after the stomping of Missouri??? I believe Texas will be number 1 in the BCS after this week and Bama might even fall to 3 with Penn State moving up to 2. Bama had a not so convincing win over Miss and Penn State had a very convincing win over Michigan. Anyone else have some thoughts on the first BCS?

Texas will be your BCS #1. I believe Alabama will stay at #2 though, regardless if Penn State deserves it over them. Bama is a dangerous team because they play to the level of their competition. Whether it is putting up 31 straight unanswered points at Georgia or holding on to a 4 point home lead vs. Ole Miss, they are a very talented team but also very, very vulnerable.

The new AP poll is already out and has USC at #6. The computers love the Trojans so I would almost guarantee you they will be a top 5 team,if not top 4, when the BCS polls come out later today. As long as Ohio State keeps winning convincingly then USC's stock will only rise.

Anyone out there still doubt that Texas is better than Bama after the stomping of Missouri??? I believe Texas will be number 1 in the BCS after this week and Bama might even fall to 3 with Penn State moving up to 2. Bama had a not so convincing win over Miss and Penn State had a very convincing win over Michigan. Anyone else have some thoughts on the first BCS?

Who doubted Texas was better than Bama to begin with? Anyway, it will be Texas at #1, Alabama at #2. How long it will stay that way is yet to be determined...

Who doubted Texas was better than Bama to begin with? Anyway, it will be Texas at #1, Alabama at #2. How long it will stay that way is yet to be determined...

I'm still pulling for Sam Bradford and the Sooners!!! Like to see him win the Heisman.

I'm still pulling for Sam Bradford and the Sooners!!! Like to see him win the Heisman.

you should be banned for saying that!!! haha i kid i kid...the Sooners lost their chance..the only way they will get in is if Texas just completely collapses and loses to Ok. St. TT or A&M which i dont see happening...if Texas wins out they will be in the NC and win it! mark my words

If USC can make it into the title game then they are your 2009 BCS National Champions. Mark it down.

no way in hell if they play Texas. and even so. they dont DESERVE IT PERIOD! the Pac-10 is the WORST BCS conference in the nation. they are WEAK. Mark it down!

Bama and Texas both have tough games left and I'd be surprised to see either of them in the National Championship game. If Penn State can beat Ohio State, I think they are (somehow....) sitting in a good place to get to the National Championship. Other than that, it will be up to the computers to determine who PSU would play. Obviously someone is going to get screwed this year. The top teams are too close to be able to clearly differintiate a heirarchy of dominance. I mean, on any given night USC could beat Texas, Penn State could beat Alabama, Georgia could show up and play with the best, etc.

Beano, here's a little personal note. Since you're the only one on these forums with clear ties to a contender, and for your sake, buddy, I hope Texas isn't the one to get screwed. Hahaha.

You and me both hope Texas doesn't get screwed. But I have faith in my boys. The only game that really worries me is Ok. St. They seem to always play Texas really well and they have a good team. I'm not too worried about TT. They always have a good team but seem to fall apart at the end of the season.

no way in hell if they play Texas. and even so. they dont DESERVE IT PERIOD! the Pac-10 is the WORST BCS conference in the nation. they are WEAK. Mark it down!

USC wouldn't deserve it?? I'm not a USC fan at all but I do give credit where credit is due, and they are among the elite in college football year in and year out. They have had 6 straight 11+ win seasons and they haven't finished outside #4 in any polls since 2001. Sure, the Pac-10 is a very top-heavy football conference, but to say that it is the worst is also a stretch. The ACC and Big East both take the cake for that honor in my book.

I said it once, and I'll say it again: If USC can make it into the title game then they are your 2009 BCS National Champions. Mark it down.

This is where we disagree then. USC deserves it in no way possible. I don't care how many 11+ win seasons they have had. If any SEC or Big XII team played in the Pac-10 and USC played in either of the two aforementioned conferences I HIGHLY doubt they would have those 11+ win seasons that they have in the Pac-10. Everyone spoke so highly of Arizona State last year and they played a Texas team that wasn't nearly as good as this years team in a bowl and got SPANKED. So in my opinion, no they don't deserve it. Oh and just so you know, Texas has had just as many 10 or more win seasons as USC has had in a row. :)

I think it's not unforeseeable that all three of Texas, Alabama, and PSU could win out, but I don't think that's likely, either. I think PSU wins out if they beat Ohio State this weekend, and I truly think they will. Frankly, I don't think Texas wins out, and I don't think Alabama beats LSU. IMO, were a one-loss team to get the nod, I'd have to go with USC. Save that Oregon State game, they've steamrolled teams. Granted, the Pac-10 is WEAK this season, weaker than even the ACC save each conference's top team, but USC is USC.

Texas deserves to be #1, and I had Penn State at #2 after Bama's second half collapse against Ole Miss. My only concern with Texas is if they ever play a defense like an SEC defense they could be in trouble. They give up way too many points. For that matter, all the Big 12 teams have terrible defenses. But I agree if Bama doesn't change the way they play in the second half they will eventually fall. I'm praying that doesn't happen, by the way :).

Edited by blueinbama

PAC 10 worse than ACC or Big East? No way.

Outside USC, the Pac-10's awfully bad this year. UCLA, Wazzu, UW are all bad teams. Stanford, Arizona State, and Oregon State are mediocre at best. Arizona's fair. Oregon and Cal aren't too bad. That's the whole conference. Yes, I'd say the ACC is better, outside the #1 spot. Believe it or not, the ACC is 32-10 in OOC games. The Pac-10 is 1-7 against the MWC.

• 2 weeks later...

UNBELIEVABLE ending to TTU and UT. Holy crap.

TTU deserves to be your new #2, IMO.

According to the new AP poll, Texas Tech is your new #2. So you were exactly right, my friend.

BTW, WVU has reappeared in the polls at #20...