Bluefield @ James Monroe

GetMoney55

Bluefield goes into Monroe County on a cool Halloween night looking to extend their winning streak. I think James Monroe's emotion will be high as they are looking to avenge last season's losses, but the stuggling offense without the help of the single wing wont match Bluefield's high powered attack. Bluefield wins by at least three td's.

bluefield should handle the mavs pretty good in this one........i've seen both and bluefield is a much better team..........i think the only way it stays close is how pumped up james monroe gets...........but, wouldnt it be a story if the mavs not south charleston puts a halt on the beavers winning streak and even though a loss to south charleston would probably get the beavers in at 5-5....it would be without quite the same momentum they could take in.............but again....i bet on the beavers to dominate this one.

bluefield will have to show up and play their best footballfor certain, it's somewhat of a rivalry,, it's there, they have tough players who have a lot of pride in their program, enthusiastic fans, and it could be windy up on the hill there at their stadium. Bluefield will have to be mentally ready for this game, good fortune to each team, and "travel safely down those roads, espcially from peterstown on."

From what I'm hearing this is the last time JM and Bluefield will square off in the regular season for the next several years...

I really hope you've heard wrong. Same classification, close in proximity, a growing rivalry, excellent competition, good gate money, and as far as I know, I think the fans and students on both sides behave during and after the games. Lots of reasons why it would be a shame if that football series came to an end. James Monroe did end the girls basketball series with Bluefield for this upcoming season. If they meet up, it’ll be in the Greenbrier West tournament or in sectionals/regionals, but it won’t be because they are scheduled to play. Before anyone says anything, I personally know the situation and it has nothing at all to do with winning or not winning. Matter of fact, James Monroe’s varsity girls played Bluefield three times last season and beat them all three times, at home, in Lindside and in sectionals, but there were some during game and post game problems and activities which caused James Monroe to pull the plug on that series, at least for the time being anyway. I wouldn't think that would have had an impact on football scheduling, but I guess it's possible. Maybe if there's talk of James Monroe dropping Bluefield it's in relation to girls basketball only.

Edited by gomavs

From what I'm hearing this is the last time JM and Bluefield will square off in the regular season for the next several years...

I haven't heard that and like most everyone else on here, I'd hate to see it come to an end. It's a game that definitely gets your blood pumpin' and anything can happen. Here's to a hard fought, injury-free, controversy-free (if that's ever possible) Halloween thriller! Being a Mav fan, I can't wish the Beavers "luck," but I wish them well.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
I James Monroe did end the girls basketball series with Bluefield for this upcoming season. If they meet up, it’ll be in the Greenbrier West tournament or in sectionals/regionals, but it won’t be because they are scheduled to play. Before anyone says anything, I personally know the situation and it has nothing at all to do with winning or not winning. Matter of fact, James Monroe’s varsity girls played Bluefield three times last season and beat them all three times, at home, in Lindside and in sectionals, but there were some during game and post game problems and activities which caused James Monroe to pull the plug on that series, at least for the time being anyway.

And there were good reasons to pull the plug. From both sides.

My dad and I were supposed to call an AAU game this summer against the 2 teams, for the championship but it was never played. We walked back in the gym after an earlier game and it was like a war BEFORE the game ever started, and it never did.

Its sad really that people take it that seriously. And its sad that its the parents, not the players.

And there were good reasons to pull the plug. From both sides.

My dad and I were supposed to call an AAU game this summer against the 2 teams, for the championship but it was never played. We walked back in the gym after an earlier game and it was like a war BEFORE the game ever started, and it never did.

Its sad really that people take it that seriously. And its sad that its the parents, not the players.

I know the AAU situation you're talking about. What you witnessed was fall-out from the school season. What happened during the season mostly involved players (some, but not all players, of course). Big, ugly mess.

Edited by gomavs