obama says he will bankrupt "coal"

buzzsawBeaver

Guest BEAVERTAIL
its already been established that he supports clean coal technology...but nice try.

Actually when it comes down to it, he sits on the fence.

Here is my viewpoint, based only on voting, from awhile ago...

He might have said that, but actually you should know you that Obama has flip flopped on the coal issue numerous times. Basically, he comes from a coal state in illinois, and at first agreed with burning all coal. Then he got pressure from the enviromentalists and switched nd voted several times in 2006 against the coal industry. After getting hammered by the coal industry he just recently switched to the clean coal idea, although his plans are to put a "stringent cap on carbon will also make it uneconomic to site traditional coal facilities and discourage the use of existing inefficient coal facilities." Which means that whatever coal company doesnt have the money to readily switch to clean burning coal will lose out.

Finally, according to the Washington Post, Obama leaves the coal industry as well as the enviromentalists "wondering what side he is truly on."

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12362&highlight=obama+coal&page=2

its already been established that he supports clean coal technology...but nice try.

And you complain about APCO and their rates now, just wait. After Obama destroys the coal industry, you'll be paying a hell of a lot more than what you're paying today...

All the power in this part of VA comes from COAL-FIRED power plants...

yeah and they are building a new clean coal plant in castlewood...or wherever it is over there...he's just talking about the companies building new plants that are allowed to just spew the stuff in to the air...we have the technology to eleminate that, if they choose not to then there will be a penalty...thats what he says about it, i've seen it in interviews 100 times....Obama is not against coal...thats just silly...no candidate could be against coal....would be political suicide.

as for APCO...they still suck....horrible company...was much better before AEP took over...when it was just Appy Power and ran locally, it was a great company...gone downhill since the greedy bastards bought them out.

As if there was a problem with the coal before all the liberal environmentalists started pushing their "green" global warming agenda? As if there's nothing wrong with an urealistic financial burden on energy suppliers that have already been around for decades?

What has the liberal agenda done for the oil crisis? Considering the oil situation and how vital oil is to the world, you'd think the liberals wouldn't be against drilling for oil in America either but as unrealistic envirnomentalists they have been, and they've been a big burden to oil companies and have caused a lot of America's dependancy on foreign oil. As if they didn't want to tax big oil, that's real wise, put a financial burden on a supplier you're dependant on. I'm on the side of the environmentalists to, but there is a balance to be had.

This green agenda is a financial hardship that's uneccessarily put on energy companies.

As a supporter of obama of course you would say there's not any harm in those words, most people realize there are.

well lets just forget all of the political BS and talk man to man...do you honestly think its a good idea for a coal plant to just spew out whatever it wants? if you do then you are not very smart...not just global warning, but acid rain, cancer, and all kinds of related problems occur...it's not that hard to eleminate it with a second burn in a "scrubber"...doesn't cost all that much...so why not do it?

as I wrote, there should be a balance. The environment to some degree, and animal rights, has always been 1 thing I've actually sided with the liberals on and always will, but in my opinion the sky isn't falling environmentally speaking the way a lot of the extreme liberals would tell us all that it is. It seems to me a lot of the regulations are nothing more than unrealistic burdens put on oil and coal, ect., it's over regulation, it's the type that will do more harm than good, typical government.