If McCain had won...

Guest JJBrickface

Guest JJBrickface

How would Obama supporters be reacting right now? Most McCain supporters seem to realize that the necessary thing to do is get behind the President elect even if they don't agree with him. Something tells me that if McCain had won it would be a lot different.

I would back him. He would be the next president of the United States and would earn my support from here on until he proves to be something bad once he takes office. However, I will say that just like the majority of McCain supporting posters on here of Obama, I would doubt that he could do much good while in office. I would support him but still have my doubts.

Guest JJBrickface
here is why I think why..1. the mess of just being the republican thanks to H.W. and 2. Palin..lol just my 2cents

Wavefan but I respect your answers but I'm going to have to disagree. It was the same way in 2000 and 2004. One other question if you don't mind answering, what exactly in your eyes did President Bush do cause a mess?

Wavefan but I respect your answers but I'm going to have to disagree. It was the same way in 2000 and 2004. One other question if you don't mind answering, what exactly in your eyes did President Bush do cause a mess?

Are you serious?

1. Iraq

How would Obama supporters be reacting right now? Most McCain supporters seem to realize that the necessary thing to do is get behind the President elect even if they don't agree with him. Something tells me that if McCain had won it would be a lot different.

What would make you think that Obama supporters would react any differently than McCain supporters have? They are the same people, just different opinions concerning politics. It isn't like they are some different species of human with no respect or dignity. The McCain supporters have been the ones on here over the past year arguing their points (very well, I might add), with anyone that cares to listen. Whats with this "holier than thou" attitude?

Guest JJBrickface
Are you serious?

1. Iraq

What about Iraq? Its a war that we won. We removed an evil dictator, freed a nation, and was able to go on the offensive in the war on terror. It could have absolutely been handled better at first but George W. Bush did what was right in my opinion.

Guest JJBrickface
What would make you think that Obama supporters would react any differently than McCain supporters have? They are the same people, just different opinions concerning politics. It isn't like they are some different species of human with no respect or dignity. The McCain supporters have been the ones on here over the past year arguing their points (very well, I might add), with anyone that cares to listen. Whats with this "holier than thou" attitude?

Go back and read what I said above. In 2000 and 2004 the hate for Bush immediately started once he was elected. Also if McCain had won I am almost certain you would see voter fraud allegation due to the media hyping Obama so much. Do you really think the average liberal would get behind McCain if Obama would have been upset?

Great point here. And I've seen it all around today.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I think what really JJ is getting at is, we saw a divided country in 2000 and 2004. Why isnt it like that now? I think the answer is not because it is republicans, but because we are in a time of a possible crisis. We know we are in trouble. But he puts up a valid point in the fact that few liberals would even concede losing then, or now as we have seen on this board in 2000.

Now whether or not the Republicans in congress refuse to work with Obama is another story...

I agree that the fact that we're in the middle of a possible crisis is one reason, but the biggest reason IMO is the fact that this election wasn't close.

Had this election come down to one state like the last two, then you would have a good portion of whichever side lost bitching and moaning about it.

Don't get me wrong, that doesn't make it right, or smart, but I think that's what you would be seeing.

What made me mad today was at school, McCain supporters were blaming the electoral college strategy of presidential elections. Saying how they hate the electoral college process, it shouldn't be used, blah blah blah. I guarantee had their chosen candidate won, the electoral college wouldn't be an issue. That and the idiot Obama supporters killed me today. Sure, I voted for Obama and I'm glad others my age got involved in politics and such, but it's obnoxious to hear people screaming in the halls about Obama's election when, I would guess, 85% of them have no clue as to what he stands for.

Guest JJBrickface
I think what really JJ is getting at is, we saw a divided country in 2000 and 2004. Why isnt it like that now? I think the answer is not because it is republicans, but because we are in a time of a possible crisis. We know we are in trouble. But he puts up a valid point in the fact that few liberals would even concede losing then, or now as we have seen on this board in 2000.

Now whether or not the Republicans in congress refuse to work with Obama is another story...

Yes! But in my opinion its not only the crisis. I think most conservatives have seen the 'hateful" rhetoric used against the Bush administration the past 8 years and with that observed that nothing was accomplished. Now we are here with a new President and I know that I personally don't want to be like those people who hated Bush so I am going to support Obama but at the same time disagree with him on issues.

There have been many issues in the recent past that needed to be resolved. Several of those time Democrats and Republicans pretty much agreed on what needed to be done to resolve the issue but each presented separate bills with minor differences in them just to say that their party was able to pass this bill. That's what we need to change!!

Guest BEAVERTAIL
What made me mad today was at school, McCain supporters were blaming the electoral college strategy of presidential elections. Saying how they hate the electoral college process, it shouldn't be used, blah blah blah. I guarantee had their chosen candidate won, the electoral college wouldn't be an issue..

I wish you could time travel back to 2000.

Yes! But in my opinion its not only the crisis. I think most conservatives have seen the 'hateful" rhetoric used against the Bush administration the past 8 years and with that observed that nothing was accomplished. Now we are here with a new President and I know that I personally don't want to be like those people who hated Bush so I am going to support Obama but at the same time disagree with him on issues.

There have been many issues in the recent past that needed to be resolved. Several of those time Democrats and Republicans pretty much agreed on what needed to be done to resolve the issue but each presented separate bills with minor differences in them just to say that their party was able to pass this bill. That's what we need to change!!

Great post.

Are you serious?

1. Iraq

I like you bluefieldrocks, you're an affable guy who overall has a good head on his shoulders, but with all due respect, how many days were you in iraq?

Here's a fact, the American military kicked big time a!! in iraq, the American military "won" in iraq. The American media couldn't wait to tell everyone how we were losing, but Iraq became a silent issue in the last year or so because they're side was defeated. They never had much to say after Americn victory in Iraq was so decisive it couldn't be denied.

Go back and read what I said above. In 2000 and 2004 the hate for Bush immediately started once he was elected. Also if McCain had won I am almost certain you would see voter fraud allegation due to the media hyping Obama so much. Do you really think the average liberal would get behind McCain if Obama would have been upset?

I didn't hate Bush to begin with. I supported him, and would have voted for him in 2000 if I was of age. I'm not sure if the average Liberal would support McCain or not, no one knows for sure. I'm just not sure why you think that Liberals are a completely different type of person than Consevatives... they are the same people with different opinions. Sure there will be some from both sides that will not accept a loss, but I think over all they will react similarly in the same situations. After all they are all humans.

I know you are bringing up 2000 and 2004. You have to look back at 2000 when Al Gore had the majority of the popular vote, and don't forget the mess in Florida. Then another close one in 2004 with Ohio deciding the election. I'm not saying the Democrats weren't "sore losers" in 2000 and 2004, but I think those were different circumstances, and I dare say that the Republicans would have reacted the same way. With the election not even being close, I would say it is pretty easy to concede it.

Here is what would happen:

1. CNN would heavily insinuate VOTER FRAUD

2. Rioting would take place in several American Cities

3. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson would call for an immediate investigation

4. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson would promise to unite the oppressed and expose the evil corruption of Republican Politics

5. Rioting would take place in several MORE American Citites

6. Classes would cease on virtually every liberal university in America, due to mass protests

7. Oprah would cry!

8. McCain and Palin would be considered racist and be portrayed by the liberal media as the cause of this great confusion

9. Keith Olberman would call all Republicans racist and then go on a long rant about the evils or George Bush, he would use the words DAMN and burn in HELL often during his rant.

10. Few would actually hear Olbermans rant due to the pathetic rating that his show receives.

11. Pelosi and Reid would promise to correct this incredible injustice and hurriedly pass legislation that called for a recount under "special circumstances"

12. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson would see this as a wonderful opportunity to get rich and they would create a new NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION CALLED The National Association of the Always Complaining People

13. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson would then get sued by the N.A.A.C.P. over copyright infringement and be forced to change the name of their organization.

14 Michelle Obama would return to her previous state of not being proud to be an American

15. William Ayers would blow something up, and the liberal media would say that he was totally justifiable in doing so....

16. Abortions would decrease and more innocent children would have a chance at life

17. Coal would continue to boom

18. Opray would cry some more............

19. Hunters would not have to worry about a 500% increase in the price of ammunition, therefore more deer would be killed

20. Michael Moore would begin making a new film, this one would have the incredibly clever name of "The voting machines are rigged!"

21. Moore will have to postpone production of his video to have a bratwurst dislodged from his colon!

22. Obama would have a secret meeting with Vladimir Putin to ask the question what would Karl Marx do?

23. Bill and Hillary Clinton would start fundraising for 2012

24. Joe Biden would admit that he supported McCain all along.....

25. Al Gore would declare that global warming caused a mal function in voting machines which led to the civil unrest in the streets.

26. Gore would be praised for his efforts and receive a 2nd Nobel Peace Prize

27. The Global Temperature would continue to drop, despite the so called global warming claims

28. REv. Jeremiah Wright will establish the first Black Liberation Theology Network and the networks slogan will be "God D*** America!"

29. The taliban will crap their pants and terrorist everywhere will crawl in holes and hide

and last but not least

30. BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN!!!!!

Edited by bucfan64

Here is what would happen:

1. CNN would heavily insinuate VOTER FRAUD

2. Rioting would take place in several American Cities

3. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson would call for an immediate investigation

4. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson would promise to unite the oppressed and expose the evil corruption of Republican Politics

5. Rioting would take place in several MORE American Citites

6. Classes would cease on virtually every liberal university in America, due to mass protests

7. Oprah would cry!

8. McCain and Palin would be considered racist and be portrayed by the liberal media as the cause of this great confusion

9. Keith Olberman would call all Republicans racist and then go on a long rant about the evils or George Bush, he would use the words DAMN and burn in HELL often during his rant.

10. Few would actually hear Olbermans rant due to the pathetic rating that his show receives.

11. Pelosi and Reid would promise to correct this incredible injustice and hurriedly pass legislation that called for a recount under "special circumstances"

12. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson would see this as a wonderful opportunity to get rich and they would create a new NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION CALLED The National Association of the Always Complaining People

13. Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson would then get sued by the N.A.A.C.P. over copyright infringement and be forced to change the name of their organization.

14 Michelle Obama would return to her previous state of not being proud to be an American

15. William Ayers would blow something up, and the liberal media would say that he was totally justifiable in doing so....

16. Abortions would decrease and more innocent children would have a chance at life

17. Coal would continue to boom

18. Opray would cry some more............

19. Hunters would not have to worry about a 500% increase in the price of ammunition, therefore more deer would be killed

20. Michael Moore would begin making a new film, this one would have the incredibly clever name of "The voting machines are rigged!"

21. Moore will have to postpone production of his video to have a bratwurst dislodged from his colon!

22. Obama would have a secret meeting with Vladimir Putin to ask the question what would Karl Marx do?

23. Bill and Hillary Clinton would start fundraising for 2012

24. Joe Biden would admit that he supported McCain all along.....

25. Al Gore would declare that global warming caused a mall function in voting machines which led to the civil unrest in the streets.

26. Gore would be praised for his efforts and receive a 2nd Nobel Peace Prize

27. The Global Temperature would continue to drop, despite the so called global warming claims

28. REv. Jeremiah Wright will establish the first Black Liberation Theology Network and the networks slogan will be "God D*** America!"

29. The taliban will crap their pants and terrorist everywhere will crawl in holes and hide

and last but not least

30. BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB IRAN!!!!!

Well, I WAS going to buy a GPS from you...

You people just need to accept that Obama is president because everyone has thier opinion about Mcain and Obama and some are good and some are bad but he is going to be our president weather we like it or not.. We have to respect him like we respect our friends.. We need change and thats what we are going to get with Obama and we would of never had change if Mcain won because he would just be like Bush so everybody just needs to get over the fact that Mcain didn't win the election and Obama did.. Just cause Obama is Africa-American doesnt mean anything yeah i say some people didnt vote for him because of his color but color shouldnt matter the color of your skin doesnt prove who you are..

yeah it does go both ways but everybody is talking about Obama that he shouldnt be presdient and he is the one that is going to give us change and McCain would have done nothing but followed Bush and we dont need a another Bush but my reason for writing that was because alot of people didnt want Obama to win because of his color and i know that for a fact but everybody has their own opinion and if i have an opinion about something then i will tell you my opinion because thats just how i am and everybody just needs to respect the fact that Obama won and McCain didnt but no everybody is making a huge damn deal about it when there is no reason for that..