6 things this season taught us all..

deuceswild

1) Ervinton has agreed to go ahead and put the "g" in their name under the assumption that more kids would come out to play. It's a "g"-thang in Nora. The long of it..they played hard until the final game, there is a lot to be said about those guys. Watch out for Ervington next year.

2) The VHSL has agreed to let Tazewell wear camouflage uniforms next year. Just when no one sees the coming, they rattle off 8 wins, beat some good teams, and go to the playoffs after a dismal last season. It will be harder to see them coming next year, even with the mandated blaze orange cleats.

3) Chilhowie has sifted through every text book in circulation and replaced the word "tough" with "Tuff". The only problem: no one noticed. They've spelled it that way for years.

4) Virginia High thought of a great idea to reduce worker mental load. Instead of having the same coach, coach the same thing, every year.. and getting burnt out, they decided to make all of their coaches choose a new sport, just to mix things up. Look out next year as the Bearcats are led back to the playoffs by former swimming coach, Leslie Byington.

5) Because Abingdon is such a feel good town, under complete secrecy from day one, the Falcon admin replaced the traditional sideline refreshment, Gatorade, with berry flavored Malt Liquor. The only problem is, most of the kids liked it too much and carried their habit away from the gridiron. The sad part: contributing to minors is still illegal, even in the golden lands of upscale southwest Virginia.

6) Disney has agreed to produce a movie based on John Battle's football program. The working title is "Busted and Leaking: The True Story", but some think that might be a little wordy. The hardships Battle has faced have been grueling and it's commendable that the kids who come out for that program actually stick with it. It's mostly sad that their district does not cater to programs trying to build. But stick with it, it can only get better. Everyone is pulling for you.

haha Hilarious. I busted out laughing at least three times. Berry flavored Malt Liquor? haha

Maybe Abingdon was half lit when they were trash talking in the final regular season game. Great post by the way.

First the post was cute. but once again we have the falcon haters. Marion quite crying about us beating you guys, we cant help the fact that we whipped you guys all up and down the field. Nevertheless, duece this was a good post.

Another thing we learned this year

Dont turn the ball over 7 times in one game, if so, anyone can beat you, and I mean anyone (hint hint PV). These things come back to haunt you, like losing homefield advantage in the playoffs

Another thing we learned this year

Dont turn the ball over 7 times in one game, if so, anyone can beat you, and I mean anyone (hint hint PV). These things come back to haunt you, like losing homefield advantage in the playoffs

Homefield advantage has always been very pleasant for Richlands....lol

Homefield advantage has always been very pleasant for Richlands....lol

Lets hope we can win on the road Saturday. I have been giving ol Sheets alittle hell this week and recieving some as well. Should be a hell of a game

Lets hope we can win on the road Saturday. I have been giving ol Sheets alittle hell this week and recieving some as well. Should be a hell of a game

Oh yes, it should be a really good game....hopefully i will be in town for it, i've been working out of town on weekends lately so hopefully i'll make it.......

Should be low scoring........Tazewell should shut down elswick which in turn shuts down the entire Richlands offense

Tazewell 20

Richlands 14