Oil $55 and dropping..

futbolking

Yeah...I remember $0.89 in Richmond in 1997 specifically.

Where the heck was I in 1997??? I don't remember it being under $1.00 since I was in college about 10 years earlier...

Where the heck was I in 1997??? I don't remember it being under $1.00 since I was in college about 10 years earlier...

I remember around early summer of '01 gas was $.99 in Bluefield for a couple of weeks.

I was living in Richmond and remember it dropping below $1.00 and I couldn't believe it when I saw $0.89 at the BP station down the street from where I lived...it didn't last very long though.

The cheapest gas has been since 1990 was $0.88 in February of 1999. According to this website: http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_history.html

Man, I must have been living in a fog from '85 to 2000...to me it seems gas has been $2.50+/gallon for EVER...maybe I've just got a bad case of C.R.S....

Do those prices include taxes??? Are those the retail prices or futures prices???

Retail prices including tax.

Im with you though. The cheapst gas I can actually remember seeing is $1.78 back in 2004. Thats only because the gas station burnt down and the sign stayed up for a couple years with that price on it.

You're even beating my Central PA pace now. Just $1.83 up here.

That's the only place I have seen it that low, and it seems that they may have raised it back up a few cents. But it is $1.77 in Rosedale/Honaker now.