Refs part2

LegendatLegion

Okay, maybe i just don't know the politics and of the ACC, but why do they cheat the Hokies? (Are they seriously that freakin' bad?)

The refs blew the call on the catch and stopped VT's second drive, then a horrible personal foul against the Hokies led to Miami's TD.

Announcers said terrible!

I think it was a catch, maybe i look at it different, he caught it , spun around, took one step and a good tackle knocked it out of bounds. Now if the guy hadn't been there to hit him do you really think he would have dropped it?

Okay. With that said, i am nearly convinced they aren't cheating, i am convinced they suck! The Hokies got a break on their TD drive, it looked to me to be a sure fumble by Evans. I was shocked they didn't change that call.

Macho's hit on the QB would sure have been a better one to call a personal foul on. That was a hit to the head, i ran it back (dvr) at the next commercial and it did at least look like the guy (qb) slipping and Macho already in the process of leaving his feet. Either way, it would cost him some coin in the NFL for a helmet leading tackle.

Stinespring has gotten to opening the playbook up a little bit and had a good game last week, and not too bad tonight. (I will go to my grave hating that 8yd deep handoff where the QB runs with his arms straight out and the blind guy in the top row can see it is a run for 8secs before the runner can get to the line) but i think i should give Brian his due, maybe we are all still out of whack, but they have at least changed a few things.

I think it was a catch, maybe i look at it different, he caught it , spun around, took one step and a good tackle knocked it out of bounds. Now if the guy hadn't been there to hit him do you really think he would have dropped it?

Yeah, but a defender can cause an incomplete pass; the receiver doesn't just have to drop the ball. Happens all the time when a defender comes in late and knocks the ball lose before the receiver has complete possession.

I do understand you can have it knocked out, but doesn't a mid air spin, landing, and a step constitute possession?

The key was that he was still bringing the ball into his body when the defender knocked it loose. It really was close, but I didnt expect them to call it a complete pass.

Okay, maybe i just don't know the politics and of the ACC, but why do they cheat the Hokies? (Are they seriously that freakin' bad?)

The refs blew the call on the catch and stopped VT's second drive, then a horrible personal foul against the Hokies led to Miami's TD.

The Hokies got some VERY favorable calls in the UNC and GT games...

If you watched the GT game the personal foul call on Tyrod won you the game GT was the better team...so it goes both ways that was a terrible call though.

That and the overthrow on the wide open receiver at the end..... :)

Like i said, they suck. (Refs) but the Maryland game/call of delay has to be one of the worst calls i have ever seen. I was still angry earlier in the game here about some of those calls, hence the start of the thread, but i still say for a major conference the refs suck!

The key was that he was still bringing the ball into his body when the defender knocked it loose. It really was close, but I didnt expect them to call it a complete pass.

However, though it does not matter if you are still bringing it in. All the rules state is that you have to have control and he did, it doesn't say anything about having to bring it in as long as it is controlled. How they overturned it i am not real sure though. It wasn't indisputable eveidence. The call that was made on the field should have stood even if they initially called it incomplete.