Tech/Miami

vthokies4life

Lets see...we ran a freakin option several times with Glennon..

TT makes a beautiful run and scores a td in the first half only to get taken out on the next drive, which went nowhere...

Our O-line sucked.

We gave the ball to Pickle up the middle on the last third down of the game...brilliant

Not until the last three minutes did we remember that we had Boone on the team, or decided to use the TE position...

Special teams sucked.

I'm sure there are many more but I'm to tired to recall all the brilliant things Stiney and Beamer came up with.

Lets see...we ran a freakin option several times with Glennon..

TT makes a beautiful run and scores a td in the first half only to get taken out on the next drive, which went nowhere...

Our O-line sucked.

We gave the ball to Pickle up the middle on the last third down of the game...brilliant

Not until the last three minutes did we remember that we had Boone on the team, or decided to use the TE position...

Special teams sucked.

I'm sure there are many more but I'm to tired to recall all the brilliant things Stiney and Beamer came up with.

We went for it on 4th and 1 in the red zone early in the game... AGAIN. Has that worked yet this year??? Nope.

anytime VT lines up against an aggressive and fast defense. They make the VT offense look totally inept (I've actually lost adjectives to describe just how pathetic it is.....embarrassing is maybe the closest I can come). The entire offensive staff is in over their heads and the enabler at the very top just stands there and lets it continue like nothing is wrong.

Have managed snatch defeat from the jaws of victory several times! The 3rd quarter did them in...... Played a lot better in the 4th, but if they get more than 7 down to anyone it is is an uphill battle for them.

Tyrod shows flashes of brilliance and times of mediocrity at best. The last TD drive was sweet even after the missed long pass. I hated the calls on the last possession after having 2nd and 2 but the Miami D was ready for the plays that take too long.

Before the season, i didn't expect a 10 win season, but i thought the O would be better than this at least. If you can score 17 on the Hokies, you have a shot at beating them this year in most games.

I'm irrational at the loss. It's commendable that Beamer is loyal to his assistants. Lets face it, if Stinespring was in the NFL, he wouldn't have lasted two years. I feel sorry for Bud Foster and the pressure that he faces every week on defense. He doesn't deserve that. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow, but I doubt it. The offense is pathetic. I don't want to hear about how good they'll be next year, I'm doubting it. I'm at a loss......

I'm irrational at the loss. It's commendable that Beamer is loyal to his assistants. Lets face it, if Stinespring was in the NFL, he wouldn't have lasted two years. I feel sorry for Bud Foster and the pressure that he faces every week on defense. He doesn't deserve that. Maybe I'll feel better tomorrow, but I doubt it. The offense is pathetic. I don't want to hear about how good they'll be next year, I'm doubting it. I'm at a loss......

I agree. Maybe I'll just quit having loyalty to any team of any sport. Then I wouldn't feel like crap after loses.

I've never let myself think this before, but how much of this do we blame on Beamer? I wonder sometimes if Virginia Tech wants to be an elite program.... They sure as hell don't play like it.

Its simple: If Frank doesn't get rid of Stinespring at OC then he is hurting the program. Virginia Tech would be nowhere near where it is today without Beamer, but I think that if he doesn't make a move soon he is going to hurt the program just as much as he's helped it.

Its simple: If Frank doesn't get rid of Stinespring at OC then he is hurting the program. Virginia Tech would be nowhere near where it is today without Beamer, but I think that if he doesn't make a move soon he is going to hurt the program just as much as he's helped it.
I hate to say it, but could you blame Bud if he left?

Nope. He's literally the only thing keeping this program on its feet.

Sweet! 800+ posts! I'll drink to that.

You're exactly right. I don't blame him at all, and if he leaves he is pretty much taking the program with him.

BTW, Congrats! I'm drinking for you right now!

i posted earlier that tech needed to get some help at linbackers in this up comong recruiting class and someone said they has some studs in the wings....who the hell are they??? all there linbackers now are first year starting SENIORS and if these guysa are so good they would be subbing them in getting them ready for the game speed next year. if i was bud fostor i would get out now. i like the fact that we went for it on 4th and 1 on the opening drive....but why line up with 2 fullbacks and sean glennon...u know whats coming and we have not converted that all year. give tyrod the throw/run option.....all we can hope for now is that unc and miami losses out and we win out...translation not going to happen

I told you Miami was the best team in the Coastal. Said it after Week 1.

VT's like an old song, you know exactly how it's going to go.

Defense: NC caliber

Offense: mediocre

Special teams: great/superior

From an impartial observer, you all really need to jettison Stinespring. He's almost as bad as Mike Groh. Almost. Get rid of him, and open the checkbook and write a big, fat one to every offensive guru you can find. While you all are at it, give Foster a massive raise. He's the reason VT's bowl-eligible this year. I'm not even remotely joking.

No shit. Stinespring is a joke. I agree with the garbage of running glennon with the option but who knows, maybe they were trying to fool the defense! ha.....I'm not even a Tech fan, but if they want to be an actual contender then somethings gotta change. And for all the tech fans out there, let's give a "see yah" to Stinespring.

No shit. Stinespring is a joke. I agree with the garbage of running glennon with the option but who knows, maybe they were trying to fool the defense! ha.....I'm not even a Tech fan, but if they want to be an actual contender then somethings gotta change. And for all the tech fans out there, let's give a "see yah" to Stinespring.

Shhh, keep Stiney around. He might slip up and give the Hoos a treat this year. ;)

Who was the OC back when Tech went to the NC game against FSU?

Rickey Bustle..

Now currently the head for Louisiana Lafayette..who are currently:

18th in total scoring, 3rd in rushing yards, 84th in passing.

Compared to VT's:

72nd in total scoring, 36th in rushing yards, 114th in passing.

Why even care, seriously? It's been the same crap for what, the last five years or so? Beamer isn't going to detach Stinespring from his butt cheeks anything soon. If you want change then stop going to the games, stop watching the games, and stop caring about what happens. Loyalty is a wonderful thing in most respects, but not in this care. In the words to Coach K-rat to William Avery and Corey Maggette when they decided to leave school early, "You're f***** with my program!"

On a positive note though, Tech's wonderful performance tonight has put UNC in the driver's seat for the Coastal Division crown. Thank you Coach Beamer and your puppet Stinespring!

BTW: Here's a great read from the Roanoke Times. Maybe someone should make sure the Tech coaches get a copy to read this morning.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/mcfarling/wb/184213

Edited by Bluefield_Rules

Why even care, seriously? It's been the same crap for what, the last five years or so? Beamer isn't going to detach Stinespring from his butt cheeks anything soon. If you want change then stop going to the games, stop watching the games, and stop caring about what happens. Loyalty is a wonderful thing in most respects, but not in this care. In the words to Coach K-rat to William Avery and Corey Maggette when they decided to leave school early, "You're f***** with my program!"

On a positive note though, Tech's wonderful performance tonight has put UNC in the driver's seat for the Coastal Division crown. Thank you Coach Beamer and your puppet Stinespring!

BTW: Here's a great read from the Roanoke Times. Maybe someone should make sure the Tech coaches get a copy to read this morning.

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/mcfarling/wb/184213

Great article. Here it is.

MIAMI -- Give the offense this, and only this: It was unpredictable. But not in the way Virginia Tech should want it to be.

On Thursday night, Virginia Tech's offense was unpredictable in the same way a car with a blown tire is unpredictable. You don't know whether it's going to go right or left, but either way, you can assume the result will not be good.

So much for last week's lessons. A dominate running game? A safe, efficient passing attack? A physical strategy with few frills but plenty of production? That all seems so distant now after this disjointed performance, a 16-14 loss to Miami at Dolphin Stadium that crippled Tech's chances of winning the ACC's Coastal Division.

With Tyrod Taylor healthy again, the Hokies decided to alternate quarterbacks. That can work. We've all seen it happen. But the way they did it Thursday defied logic.

They ran the option with Sean Glennon and tried to throw deep with Taylor. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Glennon finished the game 6-for-8 for 98 yards. But when the Hokies faced a third-and-19 deep in Miami territory late in the first half, the coaches lifted him. Does anyone believe Taylor, at this stage of his career, has a better chance to complete a 19-yard pass than Glennon?

Unpredictable -- and ineffective.

Sure, Miami's defense is better than Maryland's. But that shouldn't have prompted a complete overhaul of a strategy that worked so well last week. The Hokies finally seemed to have an offensive identity in that game, a blue-collar approach that yielded 400 yards and 60 minutes of control.

Instead, the Hokies got cute, and the result was ugly.

The cutest -- and ugliest -- moment came with about 2 minutes to play, as the Hokies tried to put together a game-winning drive. Tech faced a third-and-2 from its own 40-yard line.

You have several options here that make sense.

1. Run Taylor, either to the outside or up the middle; 2. Throw a short pass to Darren Evans or Greg Boone, both of whom had made similar catches earlier; or 3. Hand the ball to Evans, who ran for a record 253 yards last week.

So what did the Hokies do? Naturally, they gave the ball to Dustin Pickle, their fourth-string tailback. He lost a yard. Taylor was sacked on the next play, and that was that.

The coaches will tell you that Pickle is always the tailback in the 2-minute offense. He's a hard worker and a great guy. But perhaps the plays that decide the season should be put in the hands of somebody with more than four carries this year.

In fairness, those guys struggled, too. The Hokies ran six offensive plays the entire third quarter. They lost 11 yards on those six plays. Both times, their quarterbacks -- first Taylor, then Glennon -- were sacked on third down. Basically, nobody looked comfortable or confident in this offense, a complete 180-degree turn from last week.

A word here about the defense. Tech's defenders weren't perfect, but they gave the Hokies every chance to win. Four times Miami marched inside Tech's 12-yard line. And three times, the Hurricanes had to kick a field goal.

Unfortunately for Tech, though, even the good news had its downside. This was the final test for defensive coordinator Bud Foster before today's job interview at Clemson. He passed. And Thursday night just reminded us all how valuable he is to this program and how difficult he would be to replace.

There'll be plenty of time to ponder that possibility in the days and weeks to come. But first, the Hokies need to fix the offense.

Again.

They might want to try something predictable. It's better than a blown tire.

I think we finish out 8-4 and head to either Charlotte or Atlanta for our bowl game. The offense needs to improve for next year. 8-4 is not bad a after all we lost and the lack of experience (except TT and Sean) at the skill positions.

I hate to say it, but could you blame Bud if he left?

Nope...if I were him I'd be wanting to get the hell away from an inept offensive coordinator whose ass I've saved a million times. Maybe the reason for the piss poor defense in the second half was Foster's way of letting folks know what it will be like without him and still have BS in place. Throw a big game??? Why not, to drive home the point that BS's offense can't carry the team...EVER....:eek:

Edited by bhs7695

i posted earlier that tech needed to get some help at linbackers in this up comong recruiting class and someone said they has some studs in the wings....who the hell are they??? all there linbackers now are first year starting SENIORS and if these guysa are so good they would be subbing them in getting them ready for the game speed next year. if i was bud fostor i would get out now. i like the fact that we went for it on 4th and 1 on the opening drive....but why line up with 2 fullbacks and sean glennon...u know whats coming and we have not converted that all year. give tyrod the throw/run option.....all we can hope for now is that unc and miami losses out and we win out...translation not going to happen

The stud linebackers are being redshirted this season...

At this point the only way VT can win the division is UNC has to lose one more game and Miami will have to lose twice...VT holds the tiebreaker over UNC but Miami holds the tiebreaker over VT (UNC holds the tiebreaker over Miami). I don't see Miami losing twice with Ga. Tech and NC State left on the schedule...