Stinespring losing players' confidence (RT article)

Bluefield_Rules

And one more thing...

Dissension among the ranks is never a good thing...but can eventually be a great thing if it brings about the change that should have been made a long time ago...

Stinespring’s unit has slipped to 109th out of 118 Division I-A teams in total offense, a year after finishing 100th in the rankings. The Hokies put up 400 yards in a win over Maryland two weeks ago but stumbled badly last week at Miami. They ran just six plays in the third quarter of the 16-14 loss and finished with 250 total yards.

That's a quote from the article.

Wow.

Stinespring’s unit has slipped to 109th out of 118 Division I-A teams in total offense, a year after finishing 100th in the rankings. The Hokies put up 400 yards in a win over Maryland two weeks ago but stumbled badly last week at Miami. They ran just six plays in the third quarter of the 16-14 loss and finished with 250 total yards.

That's a quote from the article.

Wow.

Before the Maryland game I believe the offense was around 115th.

probably not aired in the greatest forum (the public); however, they are what a lot of players are feeling. Sturdivant said it in his quotes, and I am aware of a few more situations where players have questioned things (not in public though). However, I do recall last year that one of the players (I can't remember which one now) did make some public comments about the offense, and he was quickly squelched for the remainder of the season. One thing is for sure, it certainly has caused ole Frank some headaches he didn't want...but maybe that's a good thing if it brings about change. Things sure are interesting here in Blacksburg now.

I've done my fair share of Stinespring bashing & i think he needs to go. But where the hell has Sturdivant been the last 4 years? When you talk about some of the great or even good linebackers that have played at Tech, his name will NEVER come up. Maybe if he could step up and make a play once in awhile, his opinion might carry more weight. But to come out bashing a coach and especially the one who recruited your sorry overrated carcass, thats just classless.

I've done my fair share of Stinespring bashing & i think he needs to go. But where the hell has Sturdivant been the last 4 years? When you talk about some of the great or even good linebackers that have played at Tech, his name will NEVER come up. Maybe if he could step up and make a play once in awhile, his opinion might carry more weight. But to come out bashing a coach and especially the one who recruited your sorry overrated carcass, thats just classless.

He is definately a solid backer.. In the Miami game he played 58 defensive plays from scrimmage (most on the team) and 5 plays on special teams.. He had 6 solo tackles and 5 assists with a sack.. those stats were tied for 2nd most tackles.. I trust Bud Foster that he is the best player at that spot now.. He was backing up Xavier Adibi, so i say he's stepped up pretty well..

So if his opinion doesn't mean anything because of him playing behind good backers all his college career, what does your opinion mean??? Just saying.

I've heard his name come up several times this year as he has layed several guys out. He's having a pretty solid year IMO. Not bad for a guy that had to wait his turn behind probably the greatest linebacking duo in the school's history in Adibi and Hall.

I don't get why Sturdivant's opinion should matter more or less because of his play on the field.