Rodriguez to Michigan Fans-Get a Life

tbgfan

Guest JJBrickface
I seem to remember 95% of WVU fans wanting rid of Rodriguez after his first season in Morgantown. Soon after, those same 95% were kissing his behind. The same will happen at Michigan, but on a larger scale once he brings home a national title.

Yes we know, you always let us know that Rodriguez is going to bring home a national title and that WVU fans are in the wrong. We get it already.

Edited by JJBrickface

I don't recall WVU fans wanting RR head after the first season because we all knew that it was going to be a rebuilding year even if Don Nehlen was still coaching. Now after the ass whoppin that UVA put on us in the Continental Tire Bowl and the beatdown Maryland gave us in the Gator Bowl as well as the loss that Florida State gave us in the Gator Bowl the next year after being ranked #7 in preseason then WVU fans started to talk...Thank god for Pat White and Steve Slaton.

Guest JJBrickface
I honestly don't think he will... I don't hate the man, but I really don't think he will win a title at Michigan

I don't either and its not because I don't like him. I honestly think that he will have a mediocre season next year with a few bad losses and that they will let him go. He just isn't a good fit for Michigan. He still won't have a good QB next year and their are talks of McGuffie transferring.

http://michigan.scout.com/a.z?s=162&p=9&c=4&yr=2009

Here are the people intrested in coming to Michigan. Nothing to eye-popping, Michigan usually gets these types of recruits year in and year out. They got somebody that looks like he could be a good QB in Beavers. But the bottom line is Michigan isint use to losing, and if RR keeps losing. I expect him to be fired in 2 years or so. If they keep losing why would anybody want to attend Michigan and play football when they have offers to USC,LSU,BAMA,FLORIDA and colleges like that?

Are you sure? Let me tell you again.

Rodriguez will bring a national championship to Ann Arbor.

Not with his current defensive coaching staff he won't, especially with "GIBBY" as their secondary coach.

WVU lost eight starters from their defense last year and is actually better this year without 90% of last years staff.

Guest JJBrickface
Not with his current defensive coaching staff he won't, especially with "GIBBY" as their secondary coach.

WVU lost eight starters from their defense last year and is actually better this year without 90% of last years staff.

Not to mention WVU's recruiting has improved since RR left.

Guest JJBrickface
Rodriguez is trying to break Roger Clemens's all-time record of most bridges burned. Didn't you all know that? ;)

He's pretty dang good at it. In West Virginia he got by with a lot more because the media really wasn't that tough on him. If they did fire a tough question he would come at them with a smart remark and they would back off, in Michigan they aren't as nice. In the past year RR has really exposed what kind of person he is.

http://www.comcast.net/sports/russakoffrules/16064/lifeisforlivers/

Life has many choices---eternity has two

I think he is a snake in the grass! But, the man can coach. If he would trust McGee more, it would help. The Michigan name recruits it's self. RRod really hurt his name by leaving WVU the way he did. I think he can win there, but his defense was awful this year. That really made them lose games. RRod IMO has declined a bit and will do so at Michigan. I wouldn't be surprised to see him at Clemson. In all reality he may stay at Michigan and do well, but I don't know if a Championship is in his futrue. He had the opportunity and blew it last year with awful playcalling. I could have called a better game with 10 year olds. It's hard to bring down a big football school like Michigan, but he did that very well this year. First time in something like 44 years without a bowl game. 1st ever losing season or something of that nature. I can't blame them for complaining. WVU fans have been complaining all season and we are 6-3 3-1 and getting better recruits than RRod and still in the hunt for a BCS game.

He had the opportunity and blew it last year with awful playcalling. I could have called a better game with 10 year olds.

He called the same plays in the previous eleven games up to that point and it worked pretty well. What would you have done? Had a linebacker taking snaps?

Guest JJBrickface
He called the same plays in the previous eleven games up to that point and it worked pretty well. What would you have done? Had a linebacker taking snaps?

Not really, you must not have watched the South Florida game. WVU's offense was pretty dang good last year but it wasn't what it was in 2006. There were a few games where the playcalling was very poor, example Marshall and Mississippi State quarters 2, 3, and 4. Now I think Coach Rod is a pretty good coach but he is too stubborn and that bit him in the ass against South Florida and Pitt.

That anyone else would have won with the lack of talent at Michigan this year?

They lost everything off of an above average (maybe) team last year, the entire offense practically. QB, top 2 RB's, 2 WR's, OT's and several decent defensive linemen. Don't you think it is more of a case of Carr knowing when to get out gracefully?

I don't know much about RichRod except what i see on ESPN and such or games on TV. I do think he should keep his mouth shut and not antagonize the fans of the program. Every new coach is going to change things,etc.. Michigan/Carr waited way to long last year to announce and find a coach. They also falsely assumed that Miles was going to run back with open arms to his alma mater. I seem to remember that LLoyd was getting harassed by these same great fans the two years leading up to the National Championship.

Michigan is getting the same thing UT is this year, they are playing folks with blue chips athletes and not having many to put on the field themselves. I read an article last week that only Eric Berry would start on the 98 UT team, i honestly think the lack of talent at UM is the problem. UT now, Fulmer was there all the time, so i guess he has to shoulder the blame, but RR being responsible for the debacle at UM? I am not so sure. Give the guy a year or two i think you will see a big change.

Hopefully he can ( i doubt it) just keep his mouth shut in the mean time....and maybe i will all of a sudden get a 48" vertical and do tomohawk slam dunks! I wouldn't bet on either. :)

Guest JJBrickface
That anyone else would have won with the lack of talent at Michigan this year?

They lost everything off of an above average (maybe) team last year, the entire offense practically. QB, top 2 RB's, 2 WR's, OT's and several decent defensive linemen. Don't you think it is more of a case of Carr knowing when to get out gracefully?

I don't know much about RichRod except what i see on ESPN and such or games on TV. I do think he should keep his mouth shut and not antagonize the fans of the program. Every new coach is going to change things,etc.. Michigan/Carr waited way to long last year to announce and find a coach. They also falsely assumed that Miles was going to run back with open arms to his alma mater. I seem to remember that LLoyd was getting harassed by these same great fans the two years leading up to the National Championship.

Michigan is getting the same thing UT is this year, they are playing folks with blue chips athletes and not having many to put on the field themselves. I read an article last week that only Eric Berry would start on the 98 UT team, i honestly think the lack of talent at UM is the problem. UT now, Fulmer was there all the time, so i guess he has to shoulder the blame, but RR being responsible for the debacle at UM? I am not so sure. Give the guy a year or two i think you will see a big change.

Hopefully he can ( i doubt it) just keep his mouth shut in the mean time....and maybe i will all of a sudden get a 48" vertical and do tomohawk slam dunks! I wouldn't bet on either. :)

So you are saying Michigan has less talent than Toledo? Purdue?

Let's just say they apparently have more leadership and upperclassmen to get the job done.

Kinda like UT and Wyoming, no they don't have more talent, but they sure wanted it more. A QB means so much to a football team and UM and UT suffer from sporadic play from the QB at the best.

Did you watch the game? While I agree that his play calling wasn't great all year, he did have better plays to use than those used against sPitt. He was super conservative. RR did not open up the playbook. Where was the option with Slaton/Devine/ Schmitt? Line up in the I and run some. Geez, the week before was a huge difference. 52 rushes for 517 the week before and I was there and witnessed a much better played game. the pitt game was basic and was a blown chance. Schmitt had 2 carries for 13 yards...maybe use him more, both QBs combined were 9 of 16 for 79 yards...maybe throw more too. Time of possession and turnovers hurt too. In the end, the offensive playcalling was awful, McAfee blew two FG's, along with TOP and TOs. Even with the mistakes, TOP could have been solved with a more agressive offense. You don't take a Ferrari and only keep it in 1st gear, open it up a little.

Yes I watched several of their games last season and I saw basically the same plays. They only thing I saw different in the two losses were turnovers (more by WVU), lack of blocking by WVU's offensive line, poor secondary coverage (the USF game), and Pat White getting hurt.

Yes I watched several of their games last season and I saw basically the same plays. They only thing I saw different in the two losses were turnovers (more by WVU), lack of blocking by WVU's offensive line, poor secondary coverage (the USF game), and Pat White getting hurt.

The playcalling was simple and very predictable that game. The home win vs. Louisville was similar in the fact that the only thing they did was PW right, left and middle. RRod seems to get too conservative when a big game is looming. The sugar bowl was an exception...first big bowl and couldn't lay off. He did get a little conservative after gaining a large lead. I agree that the line at times needs to do a better job at blocking. I still feel that the playcalling wasn't very great all year, but was worse in that game.