The Big Three

WaveFan09

???  

35 members have voted

1. 1. ???

Ding ding ding....

I'm a Nissan man myself. I've had/driven Dodge, Ford, and GM and none of them can compare to my '03 Maxima I currently own.

my '93 Dodge Grand Caravan had 600,000+ miles on it before we got rid of it...i drive a chevy lumina now but nothing compares to that van..and yes i said six hundred thousand PLUS miles

my '93 Dodge Grand Caravan had 600,000+ miles on it before we got rid of it...i drive a chevy lumina now but nothing compares to that van..and yes i said six hundred thousand PLUS miles

Wow. That means you drove to the moon, back from the moon, then to the moon again.... more or less. Where all did you go in that thing? 600,000 miles is a good ways....

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I never had a liking for Ford, but my Ford explorer has been through hell and back.

Some friends of mine have some out west that they use and have over 300,000 miles on it... So I think I'll stick with the explorer for awhile.

I hear ya! I drove around in an '87 Caravan (aka the party wagon) for several years. All three years in high school and my first two in college. We'd pile all kinds of people in that thing on the weekends and head out! lol

My brother and i were fixing something on it every weekend it seemed. It had all kinds of electrical and cooling system problems. Seems to me it had about 100+ miles when it was sold.

My wife has a 92 Toyota Land Cruiser with 260,000 on it. Ive had good luck with Toyota Trucks. Other than the Japanese building superior products, the main problem with the Big 3 is management. If the big 3 would gut their management, and concentrate on quality once again, hire better engineering personel and quit blameing the UAW for everything, and get well designed products out for the Unions to build, they would make a strong comeback. Its not the union's fault. The Unions have already made Huge concessions, and have been applauded for it. They even took over the health care last year. Even at Volvo, they get these new engineers fresh out of college, that no nothing, and have no common sense to boot. We need to change the way we do business, and design products to last.

notice its the BIG three..USA baby..not none of this foreign bull Sh*t..TRUCKS, not rice burners...and i'll call you out to your nissan vs my F150

You mean a race? F150 won't catch an '03 Maxima even if it's a V8.

I would still drive a GM product if it was built worth a damn. I had an 01 Grand Am GT coupe brand new and I had electrical and steering problems with it from the day I brought it home almost. Not to mention it leaked water into the floor through both doors and there was water soaking into the back seat from the driver side wheel well. It kept blowing tail light bulbs every couple of months too. Dealership had it back several times under warranty and it was still never fixed completely. After two years and 36K miles of that bullstein, I traded it.

Simply a logical choice to drive the Nissan for me. Compared to the GT, Maxima has 3.5L 255hp vs. 3.4L 180hp in the GT and I get almost ten gallons better fuel mileage with the Maxima. I have 120K miles on the Maxima and the only things I've replaced on it are tires and a battery outside of normal lubes and filters.

Edited by bhs7695

notice its the BIG three..USA baby..not none of this foreign bull Sh*t..TRUCKS, not rice burners...and i'll call you out to your nissan vs my F150

I'll take an Italian Ferrari vs. any of your Ford or Chevy any day.

the main problem with the Big 3 is management.

Wisdom could also be an issue....the CEO's flew into Washington to beg for a bailout and did they fly coach ....nope, they flew into D.C. in their companies' Lear and Gulfstream private jets. Oops, guess, they thought no one would find out.

exactly, We have a serious problem with pay for upper management. No other country even comes close to how grossly overpaid our corperate management is. Our Unions have really gave a lot of ground in the last few years. The 2 tier system starts workers at $12-15 an hour at most Big 3 plants, and they dont go up much higher. I work for Volvo, and when the Sweds had control thigs were smooth, and quality was #1. When they bought Mack, and Mack management took over, the plant flew all to pieces. Quality meant nothing,and now The Sweds are taking back over. I hope its not too late to turn the ship around. Ive seen 1st hand the way these companies are ran.