Tech vs Xavier

dawgs86

Tech went ahead 62-60 with 1.9 seconds left only to lose 63-62 on a halfcourt shot at the buzzer. Tough way to lose in OT...

Can't believe that.. There wasn't anyone near the kid when he shot it... It's those kind of losses that will kick'em in the ass towards the end of the season..

Guest JJBrickface

Man I thought VT won that one in regulation. I need to start watching all of the games.

Can't believe that.. There wasn't anyone near the kid when he shot it... It's those kind of losses that will kick'em in the ass towards the end of the season..

Stomach-punch losses like that are going to sting for a little while. But Xavier's not a bad squad, and barring a lucky shot, Tech would've had this game. Tech will be fine, I don't have a doubt about that. But there's a reason the game goes the full 5:00 in OT. In the same situation down the road, they'll remember this. And the moment may be bigger.

The ACC teams were a combined 28-0 until that loss by VT. I think this loss will beat them in their next game too...young teams tend to get down on themselves. Also, once again, the Hokies look like they will play to the level of their competition.

BTW, I can't wait until ADV is gone...