wvu vs. davidson

fieldgeneral

Our best defender Mazzula is out as well, so there goes that, Look for curry to score 35 or more and davidson wins by 5. Atleast I respect Davidson a little bit so if we lose I won't take it as hard.

agree. Mazzula is tough, but he has got to stay out of foul trouble. That shoulder must be really messed up. I hope he gets back soon. I'm gonna pick WVU to come out of their shooting like a bad jr. high team slump and play well at the garden. For some reason, they have done well there the past few years. I pick WVU to win by 8 86-78.

Guest JJBrickface

I think WVU just has to get physical with Curry and Davidson. So far Curry has passed all of his tests against big time teams. I expect WVU to be very physical. Lets see how Davidson handles it. Should be close with a March type feel.

It'll be an interesting game to watch. One thing is certain, if WVU plays as poorly as they did against a lowly Kentucky team Davidson will run them out of the arena.

observations from this half...I change my prediction wvu will lose by 20 + did not know everyone was hurt...Davidson is solid but not great...would win maybe 6 bigeast games...wvu's pups are green but good experience for them...tonight....I like to watch davidson play, very good TEAM.

davidson looked like a one man team in my opinion, wvu played tough with 3 guys out injured 2 of those being starters, we battled well and once our freshmen (ebanks, jones, bryant, proby) continue to develope i think we'll have a solid team

Curry really didnt impress me at all until the final 2 minutes.

You should have watched him in the tournament last year. He dominated four very good teams with excellent athletes. The kid is a baller and despite an off night he still led his team to a victory.

Curry really didnt impress me at all until the final 2 minutes.

...and he still had 27 and the daggers at the end, he can flat out play. Last year he didn't have to run point, they had Jason Richards playing point, and one of their best players didn't play tonight. He is about 6'8" or 6'9" and can pop the 3 also.

WVA showed one thing i think you will see when they play Duke and in the pro's, he will have a 6'7-6'9" defensive player on him all the time. He struggled a bit against that tonight. I wish i could play at MSG on ESPN and have a bad game and score only 27 and 10 assists.

Curry proved tonight what I had been telling people at school earlier this week and last week. Sure, Curry scores a lot of points, but he misses A LOT of shots. I am one for consistency, for example, the hitter for average rather than the homerun slugger. I believe Curry could get a lot more done for his team if he were to pass more and take wiser shots. You know, everyone says in refering to this game tonight and the Oklahoma game earlier this season, Curry had an "off night" but still lead his team well. If you look at shooting percentage, turnovers, every night is an "off night." That being said, he also proved that he is arguably the best "clutch" performer in college basketball. When it comes to winning, this kid does it. When it comes to hitting "that shot", he does it.

Watching this game tonight made me think he will become a player like Daniel Gibson when he gets to the next level. A player who doesn't really handle the ball but gets open and drains the shots he needs to make.

pups played good for wvu they will learn to close them out by end of year....be nice to have ruoff and mazulla back...good effort by eers...curry=great player.

you are flopping like a fish tonight raider. J/k just messin with ya. Anyway, WVU dominated on the boards, but another off night from the stripe and the floor killed them. They did have a lot of young guys playing a lot of minutes. The injuries hurt, 2 starting guards both out, gonna make any team's night off. WVU has got to have some folks step up. Ebanks, I have been somewhat impressed with on the boards anyway. His "O" will come along, he's got to get more aggressive. WVU might squeak into the tourney if the shots start falling, if not, they will be tough to handle in the future.

The Davidson kid is great. WVU did a good job defensively on him for 3/4 of the game. However the other defenders have to take away his passing lanes. Anyway, the kid showed why he is a great player. He pulled his team through with a 2 point win.

he had 10 assists

He also had 8 turnovers.

But despite his stats tonight he is still an All-American and one of the top players in the country. He had a terrible night shooting wise going 10-30some from the field, but turned it on when the game was on the line, and that's what big time players do. He's legit and is probably my favorite player in the country next to Tyler Hansbrough.

Guest JJBrickface

I agree with Getmoney, the 27 points that he scored wasn't all that impressive because he took A Lot of shots. He was clutch and made some huge shots at the end but some of the shots he took were pretty bad. Maybe I just got sick of hearing about him after last night, the announcers made it sound like he could walk on water.

Right now he is on the level of players like J.J. Redick, Adam Morrison, Tyler Hansborough...Very good players but the media makes me dislike them.

Right now he is on the level of players like J.J. Redick, Adam Morrison, Tyler Hansborough...Very good players but the media makes me dislike them.

And yet if any of them had played at WVU you love them and all the press they receive. They all deserve(d) the press they received b/c they are/were top notch players and pretty good people for the most part. I have respect for all of them except Redick, which is b/c he played at Dook and his elitest, arrogant attitude. With that said, however, he was quite the sharp-shooter in college. Curry is a feel good story b/c he was overlooked by so many top schools, but has proven time and time again he's better than the majority players at those schools.

And yet if any of them had played at WVU you love them and all the press they receive. They all deserve(d) the press they received b/c they are/were top notch players and pretty good people for the most part. I have respect for all of them except Redick, which is b/c he played at Dook and his elitest, arrogant attitude. With that said, however, he was quite the sharp-shooter in college. Curry is a feel good story b/c he was overlooked by so many top schools, but has proven time and time again he's better than the majority players at those schools.

The media plays any story like that up too much. I don't care what school he is from, but of course you don't mind hearing or watching it if it is your team. That's even more reason to cheer for your team to say hey we beat a guy like that. WVU came an ace of beating a good davidson team without their top 2 guards.

Curry is a great player and will be a decent player and a great spot up shooter in the NBA. I think a lot of teams that passed on him are feeling stupid now. I know VT passed on him because that is where his daddy went and it appalled me that they passed. Now his lil bro is tearing up at Liberty. Anyway....WVU needs to heal up and shoot better.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I think some USF fans may have been saying the same thing about PW as WVU fans are talking about Curry when they were watching the game on saturday...

But once again, both kids deserve it.

Guest JJBrickface

If he played for WVU then I'd love the attention, no doubt. But I don't think that you can deny that these announcers trip over themselves to kiss some of these players asses. For example, last night near the end of the game Butler drove to the basket and was blocked (maybe fouled) by the Nigerian guy I think. Anyways the announcer opposite of Bilas was like "WAS THAT CURRY?" Things like that are ridiculous. He basically took the credit away from the player who made the play just to name drop Curry for the millionth time.