From all indications now, looks like K. Newsome

Graham-VT Fan

has pulled one over on the VT coaching staff and will, in fact, commit to PSU. Not only is Ferrell reporting it, some reliable folks on TSL are now reporting it as likely too. No QB's in this years class because the coaches put all of their eggs in the Newsome basket....and came up empty.

That's a fireable offense. Groh should be canned for that. I'm dead serious. You don't do that with a record-setting QB, absolutely no justification.

I know..to me that alone shows why UVA will never be a real threat to do anything on a national level...if you don't know what to do with a kid like that then you don't know much.

I think he finished up in high school 5th all time with 13,000+ yards....what a waste.

has pulled one over on the VT coaching staff and will, in fact, commit to PSU. Not only is Ferrell reporting it, some reliable folks on TSL are now reporting it as likely too. No QB's in this years class because the coaches put all of their eggs in the Newsome basket....and came up empty.

Do you blame him, would you want to play in Stinespring's offense? Newsome will have a brighter future at Penn St.

Does anyone think that Boyd might think about VT?...I've heard that he wants to play out of state but after the recent developments with WVU and UT that he might change his mind.

Guest JJBrickface

If I was any team I would stay away from Boyd. He has one of those fathers who wants to run everything.

Get used it to. It's just the beginning unless changes are made on the offensive side of the ball, that includes the QB "coach." Tech must own the in-state recruits if they want to continue to be successful. If teams such as PSU, UNC, WVU, etc. starting taking the Virginia football recruits it'll spell bad things for the Hokies.

OK, I'm changing my post after I got a little more info on Newsome.

PSU had their future QB transfer and offered the chance for Newsome to start next year. That has nothing to do with the current VT offensive coaching staff. With Tyrod currently at VT and if you were a high school QB, would you go where you would want to sit for a year possible two or go where they have promised you the chance at starting as a true freshman?

Edited by bhs7695

OK, I'm changing my post after I got a little more info on Newsome.

PSU had their future QB transfer and offered the chance for Newsome to start next year. That has nothing to do with the current VT offensive coaching staff. With Tyrod currently at VT and if you were a high school QB, would you go where you would want to sit for a year possible two or go where they have promised you the chance at starting as a true freshman?

All very true, and I'll add that PSU's prestigious football history couldn't hurt matters, either.