Tyler Hansbrough ready to make history on Thursday night...

Bluefield_Rules

Barring something unforeseen Hansbrough will pass Phil Ford as the all-time leading scorer in long, storied history of North Carolina basketball. Ford’s scoring record has stood for 30 years and it’ll probably be another 30 years before someone threatens Hansbrough new mark when his Carolina career is finished. If Hansbrough remains healthy he’ll pass JJ Redick as the ACC’s all-time leading scorer later this season. The legend continues to grow and we are all witness to one of college basketball's greatest ever.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/822363.html

Barring something unforeseen Hansbrough will pass Phil Ford as the all-time leading scorer in long, storied history of North Carolina basketball. Ford’s scoring record has stood for 30 years and it’ll probably be another 30 years before someone threatens Hansbrough new mark when his Carolina career is finished. If Hansbrough remains healthy he’ll pass JJ Redick as the ACC’s all-time leading scorer later this season. The legend continues to grow and we are all witness to one of college basketball's greatest ever.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/822363.html

Congratualtions To Hanstravel, I'm sure he 'll go celebrate by letting Bobby Frasior or one of his other buddy's hit him with a ping pong ball or something.

Sounds to me like a few Dookies are getting a little nervous because they know Hansbrough is coming quick for Redick's record. But, take it all in because you're watching one of the greats in college basketball history. Also, keep an eye out for Tyler in Cameron Indoor because they might name it after him if he can win yet another in there. 4-0???

Tyler Hansbrough is everything that college sports should stand for. He's in it to make his team better, not promote himself. He works harder than anyone. Hansbrough deserves all the awards he receives. He will go down as one of the best college players of all time.

Quick question, if you had to put together an all-time starting 5 for UNC, would you include Hansbrough? My response is simple: YES.

Tyler Hansbrough is everything that college sports should stand for. He's in it to make his team better, not promote himself. He works harder than anyone. Hansbrough deserves all the awards he receives. He will go down as one of the best college players of all time.

Quick question, if you had to put together an all-time starting 5 for UNC, would you include Hansbrough? My response is simple: YES.

Yes he would. Im a major Duke fan and hate UNC but what Hansbrough did is amazing. Hansbrough deserves to be in that all-time starting 5. Hansbrough will make it in the NBA just because the way he plays the game. His name is going to be mentioned with some of the best players the game has ever seen. Like MJ.

I don't see Hansbrough dominating at his position in the NBA as he has in college. Hansbrough will be a good player in the league, don't get me wrong, but he will not be up there with the dominance of the likes of MJ, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, and others who truly owned their positions. His is one of the greatest college basketball has ever seen and his name will be mentioned there forever, but I'm not quite sold on his possible status as an NBA great.

I don't see Hansbrough dominating at his position in the NBA as he has in college. Hansbrough will be a good player in the league, don't get me wrong, but he will not be up there with the dominance of the likes of MJ, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron, and others who truly owned their positions. His is one of the greatest college basketball has ever seen and his name will be mentioned there forever, but I'm not quite sold on his possible status as an NBA great.

He might be a great Forward in the league but definitely not a Center. He is too small to be an NBA Center

I mean this wholeheartedly, who cares about the NBA? The league hasn't been worth watching since Michael retired for the second time from the Bulls. I couldn't tell you the last time I watched an NBA game. College basketball has the pro game beat on so many levels right now.

Regardless of his NBA potential Hansbrough is set for life with a degree from the best public university in the country. He's also going to go down, in the minds of many, as the best player in the history of North Carolina basketball.

The greatest thing about Tyler Hansbrough is that if his team doesn't get it done in March/April then these accomplishments mean nothing to him. He would trade it all for a championship banner hanging in the Dean Dome.