Vanderbilt

Big Orange 1

That is good to hear. With LSU up on Georgia Tech 35-3 it looks like the SEC still remains dominant over the ACC.

on the bright side the hokies should get the conference's first bcs bowl win since 99 against the cats tomm night..Happy New Year to all by the Way.

i dont think the lsu win over gt is any surprise a low ranked team in the sec is way better than a top ranked team in the acc and BE. i dont hink lsu played bad in the reg season other than a few rough games its just te competition level in the sec is way tougher

Its college football...

Georgia beat LSU 52-38

Georgia Tech beat Georgia 45-42

LSU beat Georgia Tech 38-3

Boston College beat Wake Forest 24-21

Wake Forest beat Vanderbilt 23-10

Vanderbilt beat Boston College 16-14

Its all about match-ups and bowl preparations...some take care of business (LSU and other SEC teams), some don't (ACC teams)...

on the bright side the hokies should get the conference's first bcs bowl win since 99 against the cats tomm night..Happy New Year to all by the Way.

Happy New Year to you as well.

And VT isn't even favored in this game, much less "should win". Cincinnati's a very talented squad: 25th in the nation in passing offense, 50th in total offense. And Cincinnati's no slouch on defense, either: 13th in rushing defense (what the Hokies do best, by far), 25th in total defense.

For those scoring at home:

VT-7th best defense; CIN-50th best offense

VT-109th best offense; CIN-25th best defense

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And back to the original point, I'm glad to see Vanderbilt win their first bowl game since 1955. An interesting note: Boston College had the longest bowl winning streak in the nation before this loss, too: 9 games. And yes, the ACC is stinking it up, yet again.

It showed that when LSU could find a decent quarterback to go along with their good running game, they could win. Now I know good quarterbacking doesn't directly effect the poor defensive play on the year for the Tigers, but their confidence had to of grown when they saw some consistency coming from the quarterback position. The question is: What will Miles do next year with Jefferson returning and Russel Sheppard coming in with such high expectations?

I wouldn't be on that. VT is down three starters before the game starts.

wvu was down two defensive starters it showed however pulled one out, got to play with who you got everyone is hurting this time of year.

wvu was down two defensive starters it showed however pulled one out, got to play with who you got everyone is hurting this time of year.

Every game is different with injuries, suspensions and what not , not to mention coaches coming and going and other distractions. VT is a well coached team as bad as I hate to admit it. I have to agree that this may be one of Beamer's best years dealing with what he has, but then again having Bud doesn't hurt anything. I saw a stat that said he had coached like 180 ish games and avg. giving up 17 ppg. Pretty impressive. HC anyone?