For those who don't like Tyrod...

hokie07

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with the hokies winning as matter of fact, i just don't care for the way he carries himself, as far as the rest of the team they seemed outstanding as I have mentioned before...fact is and always will be wvu and tech fans will always love each other...ha ha...jk

Maybe "thug" was a little harsh.

I've seen the couches burn and I've seen the batteries be thrown...as well as glass liquor bottles and metal trash cans. It doesn't take many incidents like that to give you that reputation and once you've got it, it takes a long time to get rid of it...

"They set couches on fire...its a tradition..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MybMzWrvTko

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-9905488.html

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P2-18898446.html

There is your reputation...

hopefully that great tradition will continue through Bball season, the big east has a lot of ranked teams so there should be several chances i hope lol

1. he is not a goon for posing

2. at least he had a chance to pose when he ran in the endzone, and take his helmet off and pose at the end b/c wvu was prob keeping there helmets on after they lost to them

LOL....you're hilarious! Win some more bowl games then you and I will talk, okay pumpkin?

Great job GMan! you've really out-did yourself! posting videos that are 4+ years old...

Congrats!

It doesn't matter how old the videos are, that is still WVU's reputation...not just locally but nationally. I guarantee you, you can go anywhere in the US and ask anyone about WVU fans and the first two things that will come out of their mouths are: hillbillies and couch burners.

My wife and I had a funny thing happen to us last year at the beach. We met some people and they asked where we were from. When we answered West Virginia, they immediately asked "you all aren't couch burners are you?". Of course, we all got a good laugh out of it. BTW, these people were from North Carolina.

But the reality of the situation is that WV fans have a terrible reputation based on what has happened in the not-so-distant past. Even Hollywood took a shot at WVU fans in a recent movie based on that reputation.

I know, you know, and most everyone else on this board knows that not all WVU fans are like that but it only takes a few rotten apples to spoil the whole bunch...and that, unfortunately for the good WVU fans, is the stigma they are stuck with...

Guest JJBrickface
It doesn't matter how old the videos are, that is still WVU's reputation...not just locally but nationally. I guarantee you, you can go anywhere in the US and ask anyone about WVU fans and the first two things that will come out of their mouths are: hillbillies and couch burners.

My wife and I had a funny thing happen to us last year at the beach. We met some people and they asked where we were from. When we answered West Virginia, they immediately asked "you all aren't couch burners are you?". Of course, we all got a good laugh out of it. BTW, these people were from North Carolina.

But the reality of the situation is that WV fans have a terrible reputation based on what has happened in the not-so-distant past. Even Hollywood took a shot at WVU fans in a recent movie based on that reputation.

I know, you know, and most everyone else on this board knows that not all WVU fans are like that but it only takes a few rotten apples to spoil the whole bunch...and that, unfortunately for the good WVU fans, is the stigma they are stuck with...

It basically just shows the ignorance of people when they judge people without knowing anything about them. Its true that couches are burned by drunken college student, I have witnessed it a few times myself. Go to any big time college campus on a friday or saturday night and see the stupidity of college students. Is it the behavior of the WVU fan base or the perceptions of ignorant people who are unwilling to look at the fan base as a whole??

My boss went to WVU.. he takes great pride in the couch burning. Says there is a proper protocol to follow when performing the ritual. Says its not hard to do, the couch is usually already out on the front porch anyway.

My boss went to WVU.. he takes great pride in the couch burning. Says there is a proper protocol to follow when performing the ritual. Says its not hard to do, the couch is usually already out on the front porch anyway.

I've heard the same thing from people that have attended WVU and I have also heard the same thing from out of state people asking why West Virginians burn things. I also have friends that are proud of having that reputation for burning couches.

My question is, how do you have a protocal for burning/destruction of private/public property in the middle of the streets in a city/town when there are large amounts of alcohol involved? Are there police/fire fighters at these "bonfires" making sure things don't get out of control? I doubt it.

How long before a house goes up in flames because of impaired judgment and someone dies?

Guest JJBrickface
I've heard the same thing from people that have attended WVU and I have also heard the same thing from out of state people asking why West Virginians burn things. I also have friends that are proud of having that reputation for burning couches.

My question is, how do you have a protocal for burning/destruction of private/public property in the middle of the streets in a city/town when there are large amounts of alcohol involved? Are there police/fire fighters at these "bonfires" making sure things don't get out of control? I doubt it.

How long before a house goes up in flames because of impaired judgment and someone dies?

Ok here is how it usually goes. Most of the couch fires take place on Grant Avenue or the adjacent streets. Grant ave. is a long street with houses facing each other on each side, so a lot of people have couches or chairs on their porch and associate with those across the street. However on friday or saturday nights the police and firemen are nearby to patrol the area.

Is it the behavior of the WVU fan base or the perceptions of ignorant people who are unwilling to look at the fan base as a whole??

As I said, it is the few rotten apples that give the WVU fan base as a whole, its bad reputation...THAT is what everyone sees and hears about and bases their perceptions on...

It basically just shows the ignorance of people when they judge people without knowing anything about them. Its true that couches are burned by drunken college student, I have witnessed it a few times myself. Go to any big time college campus on a friday or saturday night and see the stupidity of college students. Is it the behavior of the WVU fan base or the perceptions of ignorant people who are unwilling to look at the fan base as a whole??

at every college on most nights ppl get drunk but only at WVU there are ppl dumb enough to burn couches. i dont understand what the point is of burning a couch. i think some of those ppl who burn the couches need to sit on it while its getting burned

Guest JJBrickface
at every college on most nights ppl get drunk but only at WVU there are ppl dumb enough to burn couches. i dont understand what the point is of burning a couch. i think some of those ppl who burn the couches need to sit on it while its getting burned

Umm do a little research and you will see that students from other schools have burnt couches and other stuff.

Umm do a little research and you will see that students from other schools have burnt couches and other stuff.

i didnt find anything on any other colleges so please put the url on here

Guest JJBrickface
i didnt find anything on any other colleges so please put the url on here

There ya go smart guy!

Those were just pictures of things of fire with words that said it was Ohio State fans lol...who knows who or what they were doing!?! There was nothing in those pictures to suggest that those were fans of any school.

But you are correct...they were not marshmallows.

Those were just pictures of things of fire with words that said it was Ohio State fans lol...who knows who or what they were doing!?! There was nothing in those pictures to suggest that those were fans of any school.

But you are correct...they were not marshmallows.