Hey tevin you will always be a tiger

duhwhat

Sure, Bluefield plays Oak Hill and Mt. View, but remember Princeton also plays Huntington and Riverside. Scott has been a contender in AA for a while now and look at Bluefield's schedule this year, which featured AAA Robert C. Byrd, AAAA Charlotte Country Day, one of the top AA programs in Virginia Richlands, and the AAA state champion South Charleston.

Also, as you say scouts look at his performance against those better teams, I'll say it again that hardly any recruiting comes from what you do in games. And I bet you can't name 5 big time recruiters from top colleges who say "Man, that guy ran for 150 yards against a top West Virginia school...that's impressive. Let's get at him." You make your name by doing it your own, going to camps and contacting schools to let them know. There aren't too many scouts that are just gonna head on over to watch an AAA, West Virginia match up of a team that is 2-6 against another team that is 8-1.

As for taking someone's place, you better believe he will have to earn it. Tevin won't just walk in to the team room and have his spot handed to him. And if he does earn it, then I for one will have no problem in seeing him on the field. You put the people on the field that can perform the best and help the program. Why put a senior or someone of that experience on the field who can't perform up to par at his position over a guy who is clearly better, solely because he has longer been a Beaver? That would be ignorant.

I see where you coming from money but... colleges do take into account the teams being played for example say princeton played the number one highschool team in america figuratively speaking and Tevin was to rush for 300 yards. If you were a college scout don't you think you would look at him. competition matters. Now a college may not care if you rush for 300 yards against crappy school that hasnt won a game. camps get your name out but colleges want to know what you can do on the field. Colleges may not look at game where one team is 8-1 and the other is 2-6 but if a player off of the 2-6 team makes a statement then trust me scouts will be dreuling its about performance. Recruiting is about what you do in games what kind of scout would want you if you play like crap in games a person with no skill could do good at a camp why do you think colleges asks for highlight films????

Sure, colleges may look at guys in games in states such as Florida, California, Texas, Ohio, Georgia, Louisiana and a few others but that's only because seemingly every school in those states has a D-1 athlete. Take for example Seminole High School in Florida. If you're a corner and you man-up to shut down Andre Debose all game, a scout will be very impressed. Or if you happen to be a linebacker and chase down Ray Ray Armstrong in the backfield 3 or 4 times. That is when scouts would be impressed. Until then, for the states like WV, Vermont, Maine, RI, and others, you have to put your name out there your own, because you aren't going to be competiting against D-1 caliber players week in and week out.

Sure, colleges may look at guys in games in states such as Florida, California, Texas, Ohio, Georgia, Louisiana and a few others but that's only because seemingly every school in those states has a D-1 athlete. Take for example Seminole High School in Florida. If you're a corner and you man-up to shut down Andre Debose all game, a scout will be very impressed. Or if you happen to be a linebacker and chase down Ray Ray Armstrong in the backfield 3 or 4 times. That is when scouts would be impressed. Until then, for the states like WV, Vermont, Maine, RI, and others, you have to put your name out there your own, because you aren't going to be competiting against D-1 caliber players week in and week out.

I can disprove your theory right here take ahmad bradshaw for example what d1 caliber players did he play against week in and week out??? He played well on the field and was a standout player. Ansel Ponder??? what d1 players did he play week in and week out these are local standouts and now they're making names for themselves you don't have to play d1 caliber players to be recruited to a top name school you have to be a standout player in whatever district you're in and the colleges will find you. im not saying that you don't have to do anything to get them to notice you of course you have to go to camps and call schools to get your name out but if you can back it up by playing well then it will be alot less work you have to do get recruited

That's why I said you have to do more. I said in states such as those listed (FL, CA, TX, LA) you can get recruited solely by what you do in games. In the lesser known states, you have to put your name out there. You didn't disprove anything.

I truly hope Tevin and Jerell have made up their minds. No one wants anyone to flip-flop between what they want. And to duhwhat, maybe they got word of your little message and were moved enough to go on home. Anywho, give my regards to your son and I hope you can encourage him to continue his football career beyond on high school.

Edited by GetMoney55

DUDE GMAN72 has a point you're not going to go to a big name school just because you go to their camp and give them a call you acutually have to do something on the field to get them interested.

i know what you're saying athletes from this reigon and other states are going to have to do alot more to get their name out then say someone from FL TX LA etc but if you are a good player the only thing you have to do is send a highlight film and a transcript and the colleges will do the rest .

GMAN you seem to be intelligent could you shed some light on this subject???

• 4 weeks later...
lol, yep, now they are back at princeton. this is borderline hilarious how this stuff can happen

LOL, I had heard this from someone last night, I must have missed this post. So both Powell and Allen turned now Bluefield to stay at Princeton?

I'm glad they did. I'd like to see all the schools keep their talent and win with their own. I hate seeing key players go to other schools, IMO.

Princeton has great facilities and plays the top schools in the state, week in and week out. I'm not tooting their horn and I know most of you think that things will be better with a new coach, but I'd like to see all mercer co. teams do well. Princeton is a place you can play and get a look every now and then from a D1 school.

Just my 2 cents.