Bluefield Basketball

bogeavs

Not much talk on here about Bluefield's basketball team. I have been to a few games and when they play with heart and are aggressive, these boys aren't too bad. They are not a team with size and strength, but they do have that Bluefield speed and a great player in Craig Ponder. They are playing #1 Oak Hill right now and are keeping up quite nicely and actually out-rebounding the much taller Red Devils. I am aware they lost to Pikeview earlier this year and it isn't going to be easy at all for them to make it up state, but I believe they have a chance.

What are some of your thoughts?

oak hill crushed us in the 2nd half, thats prolly our worse loss since beckley beat us my junior year by bout 30 ish...but ur right we do play hard, its just they dont really have any shooters other than ponder..i think crawford has picked his game up, but we'll need more guys to help out to return to charleston this year

is oak hill in the same regional as bluefield?

Yes, along with Wyoming East. Oak Hill and East are the #1 and #2 ranked teams in "AA" right now. It will take a miracle for Bluefield to make it to Charleston this season. And I could be wrong, but I believe the 28-point loss to OH last night is the worst loss to a "AA" school in the history of Bluefield basketball.

Yes, along with Wyoming East. Oak Hill and East are the #1 and #2 ranked teams in "AA" right now. It will take a miracle for Bluefield to make it to Charleston this season. And I could be wrong, but I believe the 28-point loss to OH last night is the worst loss to a "AA" school in the history of Bluefield basketball.

Not sure if it was the worst. Maybe since Bluefield has been Double A, but Im thinking that maybe back in the 70s, Northfork may have beat up on a mediocre Bluefield team at some point. Maybe Rabidbeaver can help out on this one.

Not sure if it was the worst. Maybe since Bluefield has been Double A, but Im thinking that maybe back in the 70s, Northfork may have beat up on a mediocre Bluefield team at some point. Maybe Rabidbeaver can help out on this one.

I can't recall any 28-point loss for a Bluefield team but I can only remember mid -70's to present and the late 70's bBluefield had some pretty good teams and even made it to Charleston in '77 or '78.