A boy with autism and his dog find a world in common

tbgfan

will read that afterwhile, looks good.

I read another story 1 time about an autistic kid that was good, seems many autistic children with more extreme cases have no real concept of danger or death and there was this child who up and climbed up some 100 foot steel tower, power company tower or something and just sat up there on the edge of a very narrow steel beam looking around, and his older brother who was not autistic and had a really big far of heights was looking for him and saw him up there and climbed up there and sat beside him just to talk to him and keep him from walking off and they were eventually seen by someone hours later and rescued. The older brother said it was the scariest thing he'd even been through but he had to do it for his brother, but his autistic brother wasn't anymore afraid sitting that high up than he was anywhere else. I thought it was an intriguing story.

not making light of your post Buzz.....But, that sounds a lot like the scene in the movie, "What's Eating Gilbert Grape"

never saw it, but this was a story I read in readers digest. It could be autistic children get themselves into all sorts of things more than might seem common to us.

not making light of your post Buzz.....But, that sounds a lot like the scene in the movie, "What's Eating Gilbert Grape"

Yep! I had actually made post stating that very thing before I read your post...I'm in total agreement...