Farve Retires Again

Rhschamps04

Breaking News Farve has informed the jets he is retiring for the 18th time in the past 2 seasons. I will not believe it until next season come and he is sitting at the house.

Yeah me either. I love watching Favre play. It's like when Jordan was contemplating retirement and came back and left and came back. I loved watching those guys play and I'm sure the decision is a hard one to make. I just think come time for camp and season that the itch may still be there. I wished he would wait until time comes to make his decision but I know the jets need to know in order to decide what to do draft time and camp time.

Yeah me either. I love watching Favre play. It's like when Jordan was contemplating retirement and came back and left and came back. I loved watching those guys play and I'm sure the decision is a hard one to make. I just think come time for camp and season that the itch may still be there. I wished he would wait until time comes to make his decision but I know the jets need to know in order to decide what to do draft time and camp time.

You guys are quick, beat me to the punch!

I actually believe he will this time, for good. After all the drama last season, I believe he knows even better than ever when the time would be right. Remember, he retired so shortly after the Packers loss last season. He's had a month now to talk with his wife and children. He's nearly 40 now. I really think it's for real.

Brett would only come back if he could either be the starter for the packers or play for minnesota in my opinion but the only way the jets are going to release him is if they get a qb in free agency spend that 13 mil he just saved them and then he decides he wants to come back would not surprise me if that is what he does but if i had to guess we have seen the last of brett farve but then again im not sure his ego will let him leave the way he played those last few games.

i think farve just likes all the attention that he is getting when he says he is going to retire. but if he does he's just going to come back with all emotional

He may but,

He loves the game and and shows it on the field more than most if not all players out there. It's not that he just loves the attention, it's that he loves the game and it's a hard thing to walk away from forever. Especially when it's your choice. High school and college, you have no choice, you have to leave. NFL it's your choice when you are a "Favre" or "Marino" type of guy. Some things happen that force you out like injury or lack of ability. Favre has a very tough decision, I just wished that if he wanted to play elsewhere, that he would state it that way and get a deal going.

now i love brett favre and i've been a green bay packer for 13 out of my 18 year life and it was heartbreaking to let him go last year. Without a doubt in my mind he is the best leader green bay had and the best qb in the NFL. I remember last year when we lost our last playoff game how sad i was and would give anything to be back there playing, thats what he is feeling right now, he loves the game and doesn't want to let it go and i don't blame him. i'm the worlds biggest favre fan and its hard for me to watch him let it go, and i'm not the one throwing the ball. I said all year last year that he'd be back, just wait he'll come back, he did indeed comeback ( not the way i wanted him to) this year i honestly beleive he is done. His hearts not in New York and you can tell, the game wasnt as fun for him this year. I'll miss favre and all he has brought to the NfL and hope that his name will will be put in yellow on that green Lambeau Stadium.

That is the tragedy of being able to play what are basically kids games for most of your life. There comes a point in time when your body can no longer cash the checks your brain is writing and it is hard to give up your passion. This is true even for the journeyman player, but more so the ones who get all of the public and media adoration.

We who work our daily jobs have no frame of reference to that, and if we do it when we are in our 70's when everything is giving out.

I cannot stand Brett Favre. The quicker he is out of the game, the better.

and you called me the idiot.

He is one of the most admirable players ever. It's better than the usual thug commin out of Miami or various other schools. Maybe you're waiting on Jemarcus Russell to emerger and Al Davis is pissing you off , who knows, but what you just said is crazy.

and you called me the idiot.

He is one of the most admirable players ever. It's better than the usual thug commin out of Miami or various other schools. Maybe you're waiting on Jemarcus Russell to emerger and Al Davis is pissing you off , who knows, but what you just said is crazy.

Agreeing w/ FG on this about Favre being one of the most admirable players ever. I was in Green Bay in late Sept. and they still had a life size pic of him in their stadium store. Money.....did you hit the wrong keys?????

No, I am not crazy nor did I hit the wrong keys. I cannot stand Brett Favre. Never liked to watch him play, never liked the teams he played for, and never understood why everyone praises a guy who throws so many interceptions and lost so many games for him teams. I can't stand him, especially after the way he acted last season in that whole mess of crap between retired/not retired, Packers/not Packers. I have never liked Favre, and I know I am not the only one. However, I may be the only one on this board who never fell in love with his "I'm the good ole boy" ways that everyone seems to drool over.

And General, as for the thugs, don't even get me started on WVU. If WVU had half the media coverage as a premier Miami program then all the garbage that goes on there wouldn't be swept under the rug like it has been. As for Russell, he has all the potential in the world. Thats one the cons of being a #1 overall draft pick; you go to a terrible team in a terrible situation and the pressure is on you to bring it out. WVU wouldn't know about the #1 overall pick or success in the NFL at all...so it's understandable as to why you seem bitter all the time. Once more, it comes down to half. Maybe if WVU had half the NFL success as Miami and LSU, their fans (like you) wouldn't resort to acting like a complete idiot. However, that won't happen anytime soon; even in Miami's down years they are still producing quality NFL talent.

Edited by GetMoney55

No, I am not crazy nor did I hit the wrong keys. I cannot stand Brett Favre. Never liked to watch him play, never liked the teams he played for, and never understood why everyone praises a guy who throws so many interceptions and lost so many games for him teams. I can't stand him, especially after the way he acted last season in that whole mess of crap between retired/not retired, Packers/not Packers. I have never liked Favre, and I know I am not the only one. However, I may be the only one on this board who never fell in love with his "I'm the good ole boy" ways that everyone seems to drool over.

And General, as for the thugs, don't even get me started on WVU. If WVU had half the media coverage as a premier Miami program then all the garbage that goes on there wouldn't be swept under the rug like it has been. As for Russell, he has all the potential in the world. Thats one the cons of being a #1 overall draft pick; you go to a terrible team in a terrible situation and the pressure is on you to bring it out. WVU wouldn't know about the #1 overall pick or success in the NFL at all...so it's understandable as to why you seem bitter all the time. Once more, it comes down to half. Maybe if WVU had half the NFL success as Miami and LSU, their fans (like you) wouldn't resort to acting like a complete idiot. However, that won't happen anytime soon; even in Miami's down years they are still producing quality NFL talent.

Your ridiculous

You may be the only one who doesn't respect one of the best quarterbacks of all time. We know that you seem to want to be resident expert on everything sports, but your posts have proved otherwise. This is just another example of that.

Here is some info on Favre, you know that guy that just would do the game a favor if he never had even played so you would be happy.

Consecutive starts by a quarterback: 269 (291 including playoffs)

Games started by a quarterback: 269 (291 including playoffs)

Career regular-season victories by a starting quarterback: 169 (Regular-season record: 169-100)

Career passing touchdowns: 464

Career passing yards: 65,127

Career pass completions: 5,720

Career pass attempts: 9,280

Career interceptions thrown: 310

Career games with at least three touchdowns: 65

AP NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995, 1996, 1997) (tied with Peyton Manning)

I could go on and on with the accomplishments in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE that he has earned but I'm sure you may have noticed them, but judging by your attituded towards this guy, maybe not. Go look them up.

On personal things ....he married his HS sweetheart, not ho hopping all season. He obtained a degree in education with a specialization in special education. Wow what an awful guy huh. He didn't do anything for the league. All his being a good guy, playing while injured, after his father's death, broken bones etc..... Maybe we could use a lot more of those "good ole boys" in the league and just in life in general.

Thug U down in miami....come on stabbing people outside the super bowl because your team wasn't good enough to get in. Oh Michael Irvin and his drug problems, birds flying as you enter stadiums. Sure all schools have their "walls of shame," but Miami has had more than their fair share of the thUgs. Jemarcus will get his shot soon, we'll see as far as he goes. I thought he'd do fine in the NFL. WVU has had 100 X the media coverage as the "who" the last few years and sure there were certain things happen, just like every college town. Anything really stupid, got kicked off the team. Maybe next year I'll be a Gator fan and I'll grab me another team too, maybe whoever is the champ next year. Gosh, number one draft picks, championships, that's enough to make me a fan too.

Seriously, knock WVU football all you want, but at least I have one true team that is MY team. Anyway, go look how well Steve Slaton did this year compared to Russell or Portis. I don't know, I'm sure there is a reason for that too.

As far as producing anything, let me know when the "who" wins another BCS game!

Edited by fieldgeneral

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Your ridiculous

You may be the only one who doesn't respect one of the best quarterbacks of all time. We know that you seem to want to be resident expert on everything sports, but your posts have proved otherwise. This is just another example of that.

Here is some info on Favre, you know that guy that just would do the game a favor if he never had even played so you would be happy.

Consecutive starts by a quarterback: 269 (291 including playoffs)

Games started by a quarterback: 269 (291 including playoffs)

Career regular-season victories by a starting quarterback: 169 (Regular-season record: 169-100)

Career passing touchdowns: 464

Career passing yards: 65,127

Career pass completions: 5,720

Career pass attempts: 9,280

Career interceptions thrown: 310

Career games with at least three touchdowns: 65

AP NFL MVP awards: 3 (1995, 1996, 1997) (tied with Peyton Manning)

I could go on and on with the accomplishments in the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE that he has earned but I'm sure you may have noticed them, but judging by your attituded towards this guy, maybe not. Go look them up.

On personal things ....he married his HS sweetheart, not ho hopping all season. He obtained a degree in education with a specialization in special education. Wow what an awful guy huh. He didn't do anything for the league. All his being a good guy, playing while injured, after his father's death, broken bones etc..... Maybe we could use a lot more of those "good ole boys" in the league and just in life in general.

Seriously, knock WVU football all you want, but at least I have one true team that is MY team. Anyway, go look how well Steve Slaton did this year compared to Russell or Portis. I don't know, I'm sure there is a reason for that too.

As far as producing anything, let me know when the "who" wins another BCS game!

Once again, for someone who loves an opinion so much, he can't take it when someone else's differs. Such hypocrisy. (I mean the whole I have one team thing, until it was brought up recently you had 2). In the last pissing match you all had, you hated everything GetMoney said until he commented on some WVU recruit. You said, "Way to post some facts" when he really had none, just his opinion from watching something on TV. No yards no nothing. And why do we have to go back to older pissing matches? Lets talk about Farve.

As for Farve, I find it hard to believe anyone can not like him and think he is bad for the game. However, as I watch NFL tv, that seems to be the new common trend. I would love to see Favre throw balls all day long, but the people who watch the NFL do not. And Getmoney, you should respect him, not worship him or cheer for him but he has been a staple for this league. Yes, he does make ill advised throws and he does have the record for INTs as FG accidently pointed out and Getmoney said earlier. (bolded above) But he is one of the greatest to take the field.

Anyways, Favre's time is up. He knows it. He will go down as one of the greats. I loved him, but lets try to find the next Favre. My money (and hope) is for Flacco.

Edited by BEAVERTAIL

Portis had more rushing yards than Slaton and just as many touchdowns. Also, let me know when WVU wins a national championship, thanks.

Also, I have no reason to debate my fanhood with you again. You are an idiot.

Slaton is a rookie and many referred to him as not being able to play in a big game and too easily injured. He also wasn't the starter at the beginning of the year. Portis was supposed to be better.

As far as Championships go, they were well earned for both of your schools. Never denied that to begin with. Hey, WVU and LSU meet in 2010 and 2011, we'll have some fun then.

I know WVU's history isn't as rich in championships as your two schools, but we've been quite successful here lately. I cannot leave out Quincy Wilson's steam roll of Miami's DB (Merriwether?) some years back We were more successful than both of your teams this year.

Anyway, we'll see who wins another BCS game first. Deal?

Also, I only give you crap because you get bent out of shape about it and give not just me but any WVU crap and you have so don't deny it. Your hatred spews from you and I find it funny to expose. Like who you want, I don't care. Your not a fan of my team THANK GOD!

I may be an idiot , but your a douche! Hey it's like being in jr. high again!

Once again, for someone who loves an opinion so much, he can't take it when someone else's differs. Such hypocrisy. (I mean the whole I have one team thing, until it was brought up recently you had 2). In the last pissing match you all had, you hated everything GetMoney said until he commented on some WVU recruit. You said, "Way to post some facts" when he really had none, just his opinion from watching something on TV. No yards no nothing. And why do we have to go back to older pissing matches? Lets talk about Farve.

As for Farve, I find it hard to believe anyone can not like him and think he is bad for the game. However, as I watch NFL tv, that seems to be the new common trend. I would love to see Favre throw balls all day long, but the people who watch the NFL do not. And Getmoney, you should respect him, not worship him or cheer for him but he has been a staple for this league. Yes, he does make ill advised throws and he does have the record for INTs as FG accidently pointed out and Getmoney said earlier. (bolded above) But he is one of the greatest to take the field.

Anyways, Favre's time is up. He knows it. He will go down as one of the greats. I loved him, but lets try to find the next Favre. My money (and hope) is for Flacco.

You and money should hang sometime.

Once again, I do love opinions. He's just usually rude and I laugh and give it back. There is nothing wrong with opinion or arguing one, which is what I do. It's just for conversation.

As far as team loyalty, I have always said that I like to watch UNC play basketball. I like watching any good team play ball. I followed UNC because I loved Michael Jordan and Dean Smith. I have a team I'd like to see win in about every conference, but I don't call them my team. No Hipocrisy, just enjoy watching good basketball from many schools.

I agree with you on Favre. We just need more of them in the league.

I couldn't agree with you more. After what he did last year when he "retired", I lost what little respect I had for the man. He retires, then comes back with the Jets, then tells them that he needs to be limited in practice so he can have more time to get ready and just learn the playbook... Are you serious? When I saw this on ESPN, I couldn't believe it. Now this might sound ridiculous, but the way I look at it, the best way to learn plays is to actually run the plays in this crazy little thing that Allen Iverson likes a lot called practice. I know, insane, right? I never really liked Favre to begin with. I tried to because everyone seemed to so much but I just couldn't ever bring myself to it. I really hope he stays retired this time. Just my two cents worth on the whole Brett Favre drama.

I respect Favre's toughness, there is no doubt about that. There is no one in the history of the NFL who has been tougher than Favre through his years. He is a winner, and a charismatic one at that, and for those reasons he has my respect. However, I never have really liked him, and that's just my opinion. Thank you for respecting that, Tail. (Also, Tail and I hang out normally. It's not like we are distant lovers, General.)

As for Wilson's late touchdown run against Miami, he did run over Merriweather and even I jumped out of my seat for that one. I also jumped out of my seat when Miami hit the game winning field goal. That notched another win for Miami, so Wilson can have his trucking of a freshman while Merriweather enjoyed a win and now a successful NFL career.

I respect Favre's toughness, there is no doubt about that. There is no one in the history of the NFL who has been tougher than Favre through his years. He is a winner, and a charismatic one at that, and for those reasons he has my respect. However, I never have really liked him, and that's just my opinion. Thank you for respecting that, Tail. (Also, Tail and I hang out normally. It's not like we are distant lovers, General.)

As for Wilson's late touchdown run against Miami, he did run over Merriweather and even I jumped out of my seat for that one. I also jumped out of my seat when Miami hit the game winning field goal. That notched another win for Miami, so Wilson can have his trucking of a freshman while Merriweather enjoyed a win and now a successful NFL career.

1. Why didn't you say those things of Favre to begin with. You said "I cannot stand Brett Favre. The quicker he is out of the game, the better. " For his toughness in a million dollar baby laden league, being a winner, and being charismatic, I don't understand your comment on the idea that the GAME would be better without him. I know he is way past his prime, but he has brought great memories to the game, won the super bowl, brought toughness that the NFL used to have until it became so scarce. I respect the opinion you posted. I'd love my kid to model himself after him when he plays ball.

2. Tail: Money's post here is an opinion, it happen's to be one that I agree partially with. The fact that he dislikes him is a fact and that's cool. But him saying the game would be better w/o him I thought was absurd. His OPINION maybe, but not supported. I'm fine with that, but if you make a comment like that expect friction.

3. We shouldn't have had a chance at that game, we just had the highlight. One defensive play blew the game. We were in a prevent defense, no QB pressure and the middle of the field wide open. IMO, it was a dumb call to leave the middle open for 'tha soldier.' If he was slightly covered, he doesn't make that catch and a totally different outcome. Q has been in the NFL! Granted he's not played but a handful of plays. Meriweather done a descent job at New England last year. He's at a place with supreme coaching. He's came a long way since getting slammed.