Say it ain't so, Seth

vthokies4life

maybe a good run in NIT?

Would Allen have helped much tonight?

Probably not enough to earn the win. He didn't perform that well against UVA in Blacksburg, but he might've stopped the bleeding on the backdoor cuts (which, coincidentally, is the first time I've seen UVA run this play against a quality opponent all season).

VT's NIT-bound, I'm afraid. You guys have a murderer's row for the back half of your ACC schedule.

I'm just happy to savor the ACC win, and happy to see my squad improve. Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things.

Edited by UVAObserver

Same ol' story for VT. They play to the level of their competition, which leads to losing games they shouldn't lose. You cannot complain about not making the NCAAs when you continually lose games like this at the end of each season. They still have time to make a push with games against FSU (2), Carolina, dook, and @ Clemson. They must win at least three of those games to have a realistic shot at the Big Dance.

Same ol' story for VT. They play to the level of their competition, which leads to losing games they shouldn't lose. You cannot complain about not making the NCAAs when you continually lose games like this at the end of each season. They still have time to make a push with games against FSU (2), Carolina, dook, and @ Clemson. They must win at least three of those games to have a realistic shot at the Big Dance.

have to win games you are supposed to win

They won't beat FSU...

What if one of the remaining opponents that has to travel to Blacksburg doesn't bring their "A" or "B" game? They could get smoked by Virginia Tech just as bad as UVA smoked the Hokies last night. The ACC is very much who you play, where you play, and when you play them.

Why don't some of you guys try giving them a little more support and encouragement instead of bashing them most of the time.

Some players and coaches read these boards you know.........

What if one of the remaining opponents that has to travel to Blacksburg doesn't bring their "A" or "B" game? They could get smoked by Virginia Tech just as bad as UVA smoked the Hokies last night. The ACC is very much who you play, where you play, and when you play them.

Why don't some of you guys try giving them a little more support and encouragement instead of bashing them most of the time.

Some players and coaches read these boards you know.........

With VT's remaining schedule...the opponent's B-game is good enough to win in Blacksburg...Seth has "lost" this team...not totally his fault though...NO LEADERSHIP...

If the Tech players and coaches are reading this board then I can certainly understand why they're losing to the likes of Maryland and UVa.

QFT! :D

But I do believe that VT will beat FSU in Blacksburg. I believe they have more pride than to lose like that 3 times in a row. And the fact that FSU is very prone to cold shooting nights.

QFT! :D

But I do believe that VT will beat FSU in Blacksburg. I believe they have more pride than to lose like that 3 times in a row. And the fact that FSU is very prone to cold shooting nights.

Pride doesn't win games...

FSU has really only played two "bad" game this season and those were against Northwestern in the ACC-Big10/11 and Wake Forest. They've lost four other games...to Pitt by 8, to Duke by 8, to Miami by 6, and to UNC by 3.

FSU wins by 12 in the Blacksburg...

No way. FSU by 2. Possibly a last second basket.

Holy crap I am so the man.... for not having confidence in my team and knowing that we would lose another game that we should have won.

Does anyone else wish they could have no loyalty to any team in any sport, just to avoid the inevitable heartbreak? That's so me....

Holy crap I am so the man.... for not having confidence in my team and knowing that we would lose another game that we should have won.

Does anyone else wish they could have no loyalty to any team in any sport, just to avoid the inevitable heartbreak? That's so me....

Welcome to my world...

And yes, you guys had a perfect opportunity today. So much so that even I thought you'd win. FSU is basically Toney Douglas and a motley crew of selected players; that's who took the final shot, that's who put you on the train to the NIT.