Tunstall?

Canes00

i saw them last night...fairly athletic as usual. they're kind of young, but their leader is first team PD senior cj mclaughlin. not a lot of height to speak of...and i think they only had 10-11 guys on the team. they had a couple kids that got hot from 3. they had bassett on the ropes in the semis but lost. they were within 3 or 4 of magna vista in the consolation game, but couldn't get over the hump. i wouldn't be surprised at all to see them make the regional finals against either cave spring or martinsville with the way the brackets set up. i agree with gman's opinion...they would certainly contend for the district title in the swd.

This is all according to Maxpress.com:

3 of Tunstall's wins were over Patrick County, beating them by 6, 7 & 11 points, with no losses. Their 2 other wins were over Gretna, by 2 & 10 points.

Patrick County's record is 5-18, with 2 wins over Carroll County, by 10 & 15 points (Marion beat CC by 10, 21 & 29 points)), beat Magna Vista by 6 (who beat Tunstall by 15 to take 3rd in their tournament) and, most impressive of all, beat Pulaski by 7 early in the season.

Gretna's only 2 wins were over Matinsville (yep, the #1 seed), by 22 and 4 points.

So as the saying goes, on any given night....Marion has played their best games during the tournament, and is peaking at the right time, winng 6 of their last 7 games. I hope they continue, and I like their chances.

#11 CJ McLaughlin, sr. guard (?), at 6'1 and 150, made all Piedmont. A kid named Cobbs seems to be their best 3 point shooter. Not much to get out of some searches I have done, to try to get some scouting....

looks like you've done some research, but I do believe a lot of it is who ever shows up to play, hustles the most, and has the best attitude

the only problem with all of that is that his research isn't even right....so there goes the "scouting". martinsville (yep, the number 1 seed) did not lose to gretna. he has the outcomes reversed. the bulldogs beat gretna twice.

Edited by mhsalum

the only problem with all of that is that his research isn't even right....so there goes the "scouting". martinsville (yep, the number 1 seed) did not lose to gretna. he has the outcomes reversed. the bulldogs beat gretna twice.

I did say according to maxpress.com. And if they are posting wrong scores, then they're not very good. This is the link, which shows they played Martinsville 4 times, winning 2 of the games.

http://www.maxpreps.com/virginia/basketball/gretna/schedule.aspx?schoolid=e4cc023f-3587-48c9-8e9b-cdcd87d241d2&gendersport=boys,basketball&urpath=,local,team

Patrick Co didn't beat MV this year either. Patrick was winless against district teams this year.

This is the link to maxpreps.com's Patrick County's Schedule. It shows that on thier 2nd game, Dec. 2, they beat Magna Vista, 51-45. It also shows they beat Pulaski 3 days later. If you and MHSalum are both right, then maxpreps.com isn't worth a sh**. But if both of you are wrong, then...

http://www.maxpreps.com/virginia/basketball/patrick-county-(stuart)/schedule.aspx?schoolid=38cbc92f-851f-4d57-a1e8-fa9b994cc64d&gendersport=boys,basketball&urpath=,local,team

sometimes they mix in some girl games it has them playing on the same date at two different places

Maybe that's the case. The 2 dates where it shows them playing 2 games were the first two dates of the season, typically tournaments. But as you said they could have gotten it wrong.

This is the link to maxpreps.com's Patrick County's Schedule. It shows that on thier 2nd game, Dec. 2, they beat Magna Vista, 51-45. It also shows they beat Pulaski 3 days later. If you and MHSalum are both right, then maxpreps.com isn't worth a sh**. But if both of you are wrong, then...

http://www.maxpreps.com/virginia/basketball/patrick-county-(stuart)/schedule.aspx?schoolid=38cbc92f-851f-4d57-a1e8-fa9b994cc64d&gendersport=boys,basketball&urpath=,local,team

Maxpreps.com isn't worth a sh**...

Maybe that's the case. The 2 dates where it shows them playing 2 games were the first two dates of the season, typically tournaments. But as you said they could have gotten it wrong.

martinsville and gretna did play twice...both games were fairly early in the year. martinsville won the first game at home in a blowout. the game at gretna was much closer (i think mhs won by 4). but then again, you can never beat any pittsylvania county team by much at their place.