Tech wins

fieldgeneral

VT upsets Clemson at Clemson, but what about the no call at the end. I thought the offensive guy did initiate the contact, but the defensive player was leaning into the shooter as well. I really thought there was too much contact and it obviously altered the shot.

With that said, congrats to VT, will they get in or do they have more work to do?

I think they would sneak in if it ended today. But they still have 3 games left and some work to do with that. The call at the end was a good call. The defender never left his feet. Congrats Hokies.

I think the call could have went either way, but I've always been one to give the offensive player the benefit in that situation. He may not have jumped, but he was moving into the offensive player. He wasn't "holding his ground."

Anyway, it was a win that tech needed. If they can beat either Duke or UNC, then they may be in.

I think the call could have went either way, but I've always been one to give the offensive player the benefit in that situation. He may not have jumped, but he was moving into the offensive player. He wasn't "holding his ground."

Anyway, it was a win that tech needed. If they can beat either Duke or UNC, then they may be in.

We see it from complete opposite spectrums, who would've thought?

I think it was an excellent no call. I think that if the offensive player tries to initiate the contact then they should not be rewarded with the foul. Man up and make a play. Don't rely on the refs to bail you out. The Tech defender didn't make an overt attempt to block the shot and make the game winning play, he just stayed in front and made the offense beat him. That's great defense, in my opinion.

Anyways, I wouldn't be so quick to count Tech in yet, they still need at least 2 wins to close out the regular season and at LEAST a win, if not two, in the ACC Tournament. I'm betting that they will come away with a victory against UNC or Duke, possibly both. It seems to happen every year, so this year should be no different.

VT upsets Clemson at Clemson, but what about the no call at the end. I thought the offensive guy did initiate the contact, but the defensive player was leaning into the shooter as well. I really thought there was too much contact and it obviously altered the shot.

With that said, congrats to VT, will they get in or do they have more work to do?

tech deserved to win I hate when people get fouls called on them, especially when offensive player leans in...good no call in my opinion....Big win for hokies two quality road wins in wf and clemson that being said I believe if they win 2 games out of next 4, I am counting 1 acc tournament game, they are in.

80-77.

Let the players decide it on the court in that situation at the end of the game. Mike Eades & Carl Hess did a nice job at the end even though the rest of that game had a lot lot of bad calls both ways.

Congrates Hokies on a job well done at Clemson! Now prepare hard and go get another one Saturday at 3:30 against a team I hate more then no other, Duke.

I love the chance to have Coach K. hear me from my fifth row seat heckling him! lol

"No call" was the correct call at the end of the game...the defender had his position with his arms straight up in the air and did not initiate contact...I don't know of many refs that would have called a foul on the D in that situation unless the shooting team was UNC or Duke...

I can't believe Greenberg "out-coached" someone...Oliver Purnell is an idiot...I can't believe they didn't try to foul sooner than they did prior to ADV hitting the two free throws to put VT up by 3 at the end...especially as poorly as VT was shooting from the FT line...wasting that much time before committing the foul ended up costing them a better chance of tying/winning the game.

And I have to give the VT D props for not allowing Klempson to get a good shot off at the end of the game...they finally looked like they knew what to do at the end of a close game in order to win it...

We see it from complete opposite spectrums, who would've thought?

I think it was an excellent no call. I think that if the offensive player tries to initiate the contact then they should not be rewarded with the foul. Man up and make a play. Don't rely on the refs to bail you out. The Tech defender didn't make an overt attempt to block the shot and make the game winning play, he just stayed in front and made the offense beat him. That's great defense, in my opinion.

Anyways, I wouldn't be so quick to count Tech in yet, they still need at least 2 wins to close out the regular season and at LEAST a win, if not two, in the ACC Tournament. I'm betting that they will come away with a victory against UNC or Duke, possibly both. It seems to happen every year, so this year should be no different.

I think the call was ok to go either way. I watch a lot of BE basketball and that wouldn't be considered a foul there either. He did try to initiate the contact, no denying it, but the defender was going in his direction, if he left his feet I definitely would have called it. Creating a fould shot situation isn't avoiding manning up , it's smart, however the defender was smart enough not to leave his feet. I like smart plays as well as tough ones, the offensive player in this case tried to rely on getting a foul instead of taking a good shot. Had he went straight up, he might would have had a chance for it to fall. I'm just saying that it could have went either way and thanks for you opinions. I see your side.

As for Tech's tournament hopes, They need either both wins against UNC and DUKE or win one , beat FSU, and win 2 in the ACC tournament.

I think Oliver is not as good of a coach as Clemson needs.

Edited by fieldgeneral

Guest BEAVERTAIL
I think Oliver is not as good of a coach as Clemson needs.

???

He turned a team that had one winning season in 4 years, to a team that has had a winning season in 4 out of 5, minus his first. He took them to the first NCAA tournament since Rick Barnes was there in 1998. He has had more wins in one season of conference play than 3 years of the coach before him. He has elevated Clemson to a new high, without a doubt. Clemson is estatic to have him, and they know they can not get a higher level coach, such as Self,Williams, or Kryskewski there.

Jeez, Purnell has them on track to get their first ten or eleven win conference record since the 60's and he's not what they need? I thought I heard last night it was conference winning record, but that wasn't right.

You're right, fieldgeneral. I thought I heard that Pitino has left a message with the A.D. that Clemson is now his "dream job" and to give him a call. TIC

Edited by bhs7695

???

He turned a team that had one winning season in 4 years, to a team that has had a winning season in 4 out of 5, minus his first. He took them to the first NCAA tournament since Rick Barnes was there in 1998. He has had more wins in one season of conference play than 3 years of the coach before him. He has elevated Clemson to a new high, without a doubt. Clemson is estatic to have him, and they know they can not get a higher level coach, such as Self,Williams, or Kryskewski there.

Exactly right! Clemson was the doormat of doormats in the ACC when Purnell got there, and it's nothing short of fantastic where they are right now.

And GMan, I told you the Hokies would win again, once more this season. I think that's it, though.

Exactly right! Clemson was the doormat of doormats in the ACC when Purnell got there, and it's nothing short of fantastic where they are right now.

And GMan, I told you the Hokies would win again, once more this season. I think that's it, though.

Well, I really didn't expect them to win at Clemson...the way the Hokies have been playing, a victory at Littlejohn wasn't even a consideration...